• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendero

I come back and suddenly the Steam game becomes real time?
thisgonnabegud.gif

Those 6,400 points stolen from team Red at 6:20 were massive.
Tempted to keep watching, but better spend some gaming time..

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
E.Y.E. is a decent pickup for 99c, right?

Oh aye. For $5 USD when I bought it some time ago I thought it was very much worth it in the over the type kill people with your mind type of game play in just wonderful cyberpunk setting.
I will say don't get this game if you are wanting it to be a System Shock or other RPG heavy and focused shooter, as it's not. Closer to a Serious Same (fun, but not the most well put together) perhaps, and quite good for what it is and a blast in running through points where you might not have a clue what's going on until afterward.

If you don't want to take a risk though, I'm offering it in a giveaway. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117515888&postcount=133

Kadin

What happened to the time when we actually played the games to unlock all the cool perks, etc. compared to now buying everything from the market? Sure wish they'd bring that back instead of just unlocking half of the trading cards...

Ibuki

Banned
VPhr8f4.jpg

sorry shadowrun dlc i got priorities

That looks so good. I had to make a grilled ham and cheese with a Newcastle instead but GOD DAMNIT do I want some pizza now.

Turfster

What happened to the time when we actually played the games to unlock all the cool perks, etc. compared to now buying everything from the market? Sure wish they'd bring that back instead of just unlocking half of the trading cards...

Fuckers created a program that can give you any achievement you want at any time, spiking fun for everyone else.

Don't be a killjoy dude. Shit is pretty entertaining to watch.

I am grumpy and in pain.
Don't tell me what to do =p

Besides, I'm right.
There are insane amounts of money being thrown at the market for absolutely no gain.

Uzzy

Am I missing something here? Isn't the "30 random people get 3 games" the only real reward for the winning team, or is there something else? Just trying to understand why people are spending so much money on this.

Not missing anything. And it's 30 people only. Out of how ever many millions are on each team.

Recommendations for Shadowrun Returns? It looks tempting...

Get it with Dragonfall and you'll love it. The original campaign is a little weak, if competent. Dragonfall really takes the game out for a spin and shows off everything good about the setting though. Better writing, better characters, better quests.

mrgone

The E.Y.E. demo triggered a warning from AVG. What the hell? False positive, I assume, but still...

That's just part of the conspiracy!

I played through it completely a couple of years ago and still didn't have much of an idea about what actually went on. But it was fun! Something about the aesthetic and crazy techno-religion of that game is just an entertaining place to be, even if it's pretty cryptic and weird.

Garcia

Am I missing something here? Isn't the "30 random people get 3 games" the only real reward for the winning team, or is there something else? Just trying to understand why people are spending so much money on this.

Look at the prices. This ain't no longer about winning games. It went primal a while ago.

jediyoshi

Isn't the "30 random people get 3 games" the only real reward for the winning team, or is there something else? Just trying to understand why people are spending so much money on this.

It's 30 random people on the winning team that participated, so it's narrowed down further. Everyone who participated on the winning team gets 2 cards, so basically a free dollar.

Everything else, these numbers would be swinging back and forth from the sheer amount of people buying stuff anyway.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Man, I totally want some Venecia now :(

now we know where you live
Not really, the delivery radius is pretty large :p

I remember Quest64 for Gameboy being a Dig Dug clone. Luckily I harassed my mom into getting me Shadowgate... which wasn't all that great either.
Quest 64 was such a garbage game... I traded it in for a blatantly pirated copy of Star Fox 64 that had no battery save and still came up on top.

VPhr8f4.jpg

sorry shadowrun dlc i got priorities
:O
Provenzal, my man!
The other one should've been Mexicana though :p

Soroc

Look at the prices. This ain't no longer about winning games. It went primal a while ago.

Yeah Valve really are geniuses. Can't be said enough. I'm pretty competitive and the thought keeps creeping to switch teams and I keep talking myself out of it. Like why the hell does it matter, just enjoy it and get your games heavily discounted!

Fucking addictions mang...

That dead of a community? Oh, well.
The artstyle is georgous and the gameplay videos look very promising. Very unique title.

Bought.

What up gaf? Why no interest in EYE Divine? It has Sci-Fi, futuristic ninja swords, psi-weapons, rpg stuff, cyberpunk setting.

Let's all buy it
and not leave this looser alone in co-op ;_;

Concept: cool as hell
Game: actually fucking total garbage hellworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom