• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Honest question. Why do people care so much about these teams that they are spending a LOT of money to steal, or switch, when the odds of you being one of the random 30 people to get 3 random games for free are so low?

No idea. Don't say anything about it tho, or people will be mean to you.

RhHC6VG.png

Today, war has made me a man.

GabeN will be proud.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Honest question. Why do people care so much about these teams that they are spending a LOT of money to steal, or switch, when the odds of you being one of the random 30 people to get 3 random games for free are so low?

The feel of gambling.

It's sort of like the lottery. Why do people try to win by buying one ticket when there are people that buy tens of them?

Honestly, I just want the bonus card so I can make an additional 34 cents.

Gruso

I kinda wish we had a thread for discussion teams/colours, and a thread for discussing sale items.

Is there a consensus gaf choice for this next community vote I should pick...I've lost all the choices I've wanted so far :(
ARMA!

But I think the combination of Payday 2 and Metal Slug 3 is going to take this one.

Haunted

People are going all-in with those tokens, the point-stealing compared to yesterday is insane (lower bars is the stealing):

Day 1 (24 hours):

Day 2 (9 hours):
Are the lower bars the points the team actively stole or the amount of points that were stolen from the team?

Turfster

Did anyone catch which 4 games were in the 2D puzzler community choice? Someone was asking me and I can't remember.

Stick it to the man, teslagrad, the bridge and thomas was alone
(Jesus Christ that was over 3000 posts ago, in less than 10 hours)

Kadin

At least fucking Borderlands 2 isn't an option.
I was really hoping to avoid seeing that game at all this sale. I'm sure some still want it but man it was everywhere during the holiday sale. Got so sick of seeing it. Now that you mentioned it, you know what that means...

koolaroo

I would vote for ARMA 3 but 30 dollars is too much for me. 20 dollars is pretty much my limit when it comes to steam purchases and even 20 dollars is pretty rare.

So people with Humble experience...I was going through my Humble account and noticed there were a bunch of games I never redeemed, probably because they were added after I had stopped paying attention.

There were also some games that I never redeemed likely due to already having them. It is safe to say that if the button still says "click to redeem on Steam", I've never looked at the code, and couldn't have possibly given it away already?

I'd like to give the codes away here, but I don't want to run into a situation where I'm giving away keys to games I'd forgotten I'd already given away.

Turfster

So people with Humble experience...I was going through my Humble account and noticed there were a bunch of games I never redeemed, probably because they were added after I had stopped paying attention.

There were also some games that I never redeemed likely due to already having them. It is safe to say that if the button still says "click to redeem on Steam", I've never looked at the code, and couldn't have possibly given it away already?

I'd like to give the codes away here, but I don't want to run into a situation where I'm giving away keys to games I'd forgotten I'd already given away.

Should be safe.
Hell, just put a disclaimer that keys might be taken.

Grief.exe

I was really hoping to avoid seeing that game at all this sale. I'm sure some still want it but man it was everywhere during the holiday sale. Got so sick of seeing it. Now that you mentioned it, you know what that means...

I am so glad they changed the system. The way they have been running it the last few sales has been one of my biggest criticisms.

I would vote for ARMA 3 but 30 dollars is too much for me. 20 dollars is pretty much my limit when it comes to steam purchases and even 20 dollars is pretty rare.

ARMA III has so much replay value you can just about justify the price.

If the next Battlefield game had that kind of mod support I would contemplate buying it. Now it's a $10 purchase at best.

evilhomer

Did it last night and it worked fine. As long as that 'click to redeem' button hasn't been clicked than the code should still be available.

statham

Halo Spartan Wars? anyone got info on this? or should i just pick it up because of the price?

Its a phone game and feels like a phone game, I enjoyed it, but in only very short bursts 10-15 minutes. If you play it for a hour straight, you will hate it.

also don't spend any more money on the "cheats" its easy to beat without theme.

send me a game, I'll gladly test out if they've been activated or not :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom