• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

C0KyfZf.jpg

Could someone take this and make it green? Thanks (and thanks to Halo 2 as well! :)

Picked up Heavy Bullets. Really liking the concept. Thinking of picking up Shadowrun Returns on the flash deal but I don't know that I'd ever actually get around to playing it.

Just hit level 26. My goal is to hit 30 by the end of this sale. Forgot to pick up a Steam card on the way home though. Also gonna stop selling cards since I'm running how of decks I can make cheaply and the price doesn't seem to be dropping.

Salsa

got shadowrun for free w/ card money... i hear i basically need to buy dragonfall for $6

what say you, gaf?

it's a DLC campaign, you're not likely to play it before the base game, and by the time you do (assuming you might be a bit worn out after the base game) it'll probably be on sale again

that's my take, if you're trying to save funds

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm sorry, kinda a noob to these Steam rewards thing. I do see that I have a bunch of cards I can sell, is there any disadvantage in doing that?

you can "craft" full sets of cards for imaginary street cred or sell them for steam wallet funds.... your call

Honest question. Why do people care so much about these teams that they are spending a LOT of money to steal, or switch, when the odds of you being one of the random 30 people to get 3 random games for free are so low?

because apparently there are thousands of pc gamers who are falling for an embarassingly transparent marketing effort

it's a DLC campaign, you're not likely to play it before the base game, and by the time you do (assuming you might be a bit worn out after the base game) it'll probably be on sale again

that's my take, if you're trying to save funds

i can't play the dlc before the main campaign?

Card Boy

Banned
What is EYE Cybermancy? Is it good?

This Steam review is spot on for me.

Many people buy this game thinking they're buying a System Shock or a Deus Ex. Maybe a Borderlands or a STALKER. This is an incorrect assumption to make. It's true that EYE features many RPG elements. It has dialogue, branching paths, levels, inventory management, stores and side-missions. But this is all plays second fiddle to what EYE is really aiming for. It's not a Deus Ex as much as it is a Serious Sam. It's not a Borderlands as much as it is a Painkiller. I really cannot emphasize this enough, it's my belief that the majority of the complaints directed towards EYE stem from a false presupposition of what this game is trying to be. That is not the players fault though, because EYE doesn't exactly make these things clear.

EYE is a mess.

Unless you are a Dwarf Fortress player, EYE is likely to be the biggest, messiest game you are ever likely to see. Right off the bat it gives you a character creation screen which makes absolutely no sense to anyone beginning the game without first googling what in the hell you are looking at. The dialogue is either intentionally vague, bizarre and most of the time incomprehensible. You will be thrown into a world which appears to have some sort of lore and backstory but you'll be lucky if you ever understand a tenth of what is going on. When the game presents you with the tutorial level, many aspects of that tutorial will need tutorials themselves, and you will be confronted with a library of tutorial videos on how certain game mechanics work. Your body can be hacked and destroyed by doors and ATMs. Sometimes huge monsters will appear in the level and fire rockets in directions you didn't even know existed and you have to kill it. Sometimes you'll be tasked to kill a high ranking enemy and he will zip about the game shooting and cloaking tanking hits like nothing else. This game is primarily single-player, but you can have 64-player coop. You can buy spells and augmentations and guns and big hammers all with a currency called Brozouf which you seem to endlessly gain in areas where you are doing something for some reason for someone. EYE is a deranged and twisted mess of Syndicate, Neuromancer, Warhammer 40k and the entire personal drug stash of Hunter S. Thompson. And you know what? It's amazing.

There is no messing around with regenerating health, cover or killcams. You can go in fast and furious or heavy like robocop. The guns feel like they should. There is real impact when you shoot something. Enemies will go flying across the screen. You can teleport into people and laugh as they explode. You can hit people in the face with giant hammers and watch as they bounce off the walls. You can hack people. You can force push four-armed creatures into radioactive goo. You can block bullets with swords. This game can be anything you want, but above all it is satisfying.

If you get this game, it's imperative that you know what you getting into. If you want a cyberpunk dystopia with thought provoking dialogue and choices that mean something, I don't advise you to get this game. If you want a crazy FPS that is a completely unapologetic mess that explains nothing but offers everything then I would strongly recommend this game.

The game is very confusing but if you know what you are doing its very rewarding.

Yay, Shadowrun DLC will get a discount.

Called it. You're welcome, KenOD. :p

--

I just said this in chat with a GAFer and think I should repost it here because it rings loud with truthiness:

corrosivefrost: i swear their support staff are drunk homeless people they lure off the street with offers of a place to sleep and some sandwiches.

That's probably unfair to homeless people though...

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Celebrating my new Superior Pink avatar with a sale game I picked up last night.

Naruto Shippunden Giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst -- MB-ED643BF96C387655 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 47 entrants total.

t1403320655z1.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just a quick heads up, 15 minutes left on the DMC4 giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-091694985E456BD2 - Taken by Mass Effect. 58 entrants total.

t1403320703z1.png

QcaKxiy.gif
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom