• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst -- MB-ED643BF96C387655 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 47 entrants total.

iSjqZLq.gif

....not again.

Some people are taking this colour team competition way too much to heart. It doesn't really mean anything, and if your team wins, you have to be one of the lucky 30 out of 1,000's upon 1,000's of people.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Lots of entries for Naruto. Guess I should have anticipated it considering all the chatter about the game yesterday.

OmegaDL50

Skyrim's dlc isn't going to get the deep discount I want it to, is it?

You know the rules right now.

Wait for the Flash Sale / Daily Deal, because that will be the cheapest a game will be.

If Skyrim shows up in a Flash / Daily, it will most likely effect the DLC prices.

If it doesn't show up it'll still be on sale at the end at it's regular discount at the end. So you have nothing to lose by waiting.

Defect

So I started yesterday with the .09 cents that I had in my wallet from last summer. I sold some cards I didn't need and asked my friends for their game cards and I just kept selling and buying cards to make badges. I have one summer badge and $1.23 in my wallet now.

I still haven't used my $25 gift card yet.

Volimar

You know the rules right now.

Wait for the Flash Sale / Daily Deal, because that will be the cheapest a game will be.

If Skyrim shows up in a Flash / Daily, it will most likely effect the DLC prices.

If it doesn't show up it'll still be on sale at the end at it's regular discount at the end. So you have nothing to lose by waiting.
oh, I wasn't going to buy it. I was just lamenting it's lack of likelihood of going on sale.

Lain

I've been sleeping until 30 minutes ago and away for 9 hours and I see you guys posted a lot. Has there been any price mistakes with the last flash/community switches?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had no idea this was coming out: Shadowgate

I loved the shit out of the original and this looks rad

Card Boy

Banned
Some people are taking this colour team competition way too much to heart. It doesn't really mean anything, and if your team wins, you have to be one of the lucky 30 out of 1,000's upon 1,000's of people.

not thousands, millions. I have invested $0 in this scam. I still remember the community scam they had for Portal 2. The best one was the coal one because i got like 10 games out of it from suckers wanting coal.

Garcia

Honestly though, this is one of the most interesting experiments I've had the opportunity to watch unfold. I'm guessing people at Valve are aware that a good portion of their userbase don't follow any kind of sport events at all; by bringing the primal nature of competition (running in parallel to the World Cup) to their platform, they are running experiments on consumer behavior joined together with gambling addiction.

Regardless of where you look at it, they are packing millions upon millions of dollars right now.

This is Team Purple
tumblr_lm1v0gpn8Y1qh3or2.gif

This is Team Red
V5JXAS4.gif

This is Valve

ddq2h7t.gif

Should be added to the OP. Can't believe people are falling for this so damned hard.

Hey you, person at Valve that thought this up... Yeah, you. I hope you take that big fat bonus check you're sure to get, and I hope you enjoy every cent of it. Because you single-handedly have devised the biggest fleece job in industry history. Congratulations. You've turned a big nothing into hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of free money for your company. I hope you write a book someday so the rest of us can become just a fraction as smart as you.

Clearly a blue team member.

...but yeah, this is certainly something.

LOL yep... blue and proud. We are the team that will still have money in our bank accounts at the end of this travesty.

denx

I have no idea what that means as I never crafted anything on Steam but I shall look into it.

Thanks.

You can craft a full set of cards for a badge. Badges give you a variety of things, including profile backgrounds, discount coupons (though these aren't available during big sales like the current one), emoticons and XP, which allows you to "level up" your profile. You need to be at least Level 8 to get booster packs. Booster packs contain three aditional cards from a game from which you don't have any card drops left. Boosters drop randomly, and a higher level means a higher chance of getting a booster. Leveling up also adds 5 additional friend slots to your friendlist.

Take into consideration that if you craft a badge, you can level it up by crafting it again a number of times, up to level 5. Each time you level up a badge you also get additional XP for your profile.

Or you could ignore all that and sell your cards on the market. My suggestion: level up your profile until at least level 10 so you can have booster drops, then sell them on the market.

Bizazedo

Hey you, person at Valve that thought this up... Yeah, you. I hope you take that big fat bonus check you're sure to get, and I hope you enjoy every cent of it. Because you single-handedly have devised the biggest fleece job in industry history. Congratulations. You've turned a big nothing into hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of free money for your company. I hope you write a book someday so the rest of us can become just a fraction as smart as you.

Clearly a blue team member.

...but yeah, this is certainly something.

[edit]
I swear, in the time it took to type this, just saw Purple surge dramatically. This is nuts.

OmegaDL50

is there a chance dead rising 3 will be less than $29 ?

still a bit too much for my liking

An unreleased PC port of an semi AAA console game.

Yeah, while that would be nice. It's likely to not happen.

The general thing with Steam Sales, if it's on the Daily Deals / Flash Sales list, that is the lowest it will ever go for the entire sale.

Should be added to the OP. Can't believe people are falling for this so damned hard.

Its like they looked at the free to play games and went "hey we could do this with steam sales"

And thus steam transformed to a F2P game with micro transactions

not thousands, millions. I have invested $0 in this scam. I still remember the community scam they had for Portal 2. The best one was the coal one because i got like 10 games out of it from suckers wanting coal.

"scam" is a weird way for you to misspell game

Lomax

Finally made my first
non-market
purchase of the sale, Risk of Rain. Figure this laptop should run it fine and I enjoyed the demo when I tried it a while ago.

tylerf

It's only a minority of rich people feeding the machine. I just want my team to win for the extra summer cards to sell.

An unreleased PC port of an semi AAA console game.

Yeah, while that would be nice. It's likely to not happen.

The general thing with Steam Sales, if it's on the Daily Deals / Flash Sales list, that is the lowest it will ever go for the entire sale.

well that kind of sux , especially when you hear russians price is $18.50 and others were getting it for $16 (i cant believe i missed out on it )

how did it go for $16 ???? WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom