• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting my Humble clean-out giveaway. Once again with the caveat that I'm only 99% sure all these codes work.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-BE49943F94D5E605 - Taken by Halo 2. 10 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-A7F91E53C048BAA6 - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia. 10 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid -- MB-3ABF408497FED386 - Taken by Sofa King. 15 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-E3BE4D3B6A75454E - Taken by Curious_George. 4 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-FB542E42BD6F9593 - Taken by t0rment. 4 entrants total.
Humble Bundle #2 -- MB-1D687E54CA031291 - Taken by pupo. 15 entrants total.
Humble Bundle #3 -- MB-86E7C3DC0B2D326E - Taken by Coldsun. 7 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Gish -- MB-7419635F86554B70
Fez -- MB-FF5D337207B6B665 - Taken by Tahnit. 6 entrants total.

t1403329403z1.png

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
at least nidhogg got a discount, samurai gunn is 0% off and towerfall is 15% off

i literally bought steam credit just to buy local multiplayer games and so far this sale has been busto for those

Risk of Rain is a great co-op local multi. Really hard though and requires a ton of teamwork.

Older games that are already 75% probably won't get cheaper. I mean no one can say for certain, but the odds are really against it.
Related, but I saw the bioshock triple pack is already 75% off / $15 and those games were a common daily the last few sales. Anyone think bioshock something or other has a chance at a daily? TBH, I just want to grab Minerva's Den for $2.50, but seems like it's only gone lower than $5 once on steam and I missed the sale on GMG the other day.

In case it got buried last page, Pac Man CE DX+ is 75% off but isn't a daily or flash -- does that mean it'll get cheaper? seems unlikely, tempted to pounce. I guess no harm in waiting until the last day, though. How does DX+ compare to vanilla CE?

This is the thing that scares me about waiting for the dailies and the flash sales. I haven't even sought out bargains like this yet, just looked up the primary games I want like Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim, and all DLC for them.

I'm spending a fuck tonne on dailies and flash sales now, but on the last day when I go out and hunt the standard sales down before it ends? Aw damn, hold me GAF!

Related, but I saw the bioshock triple pack is already 75% off / $15 and those games were a common daily the last few sales. Anyone think bioshock something or other has a chance at a daily? TBH, I just want to grab Minerva's Den for $2.50, but seems like it's only gone lower than $5 once on steam and I missed the sale on GMG the other day.

Like Miletius said above, unless you really want to play it this week, just wait till the last day and buy it then.

If not though, you're probably talking about only saving $.50 or so if it does happen to get cheaper.

3phemeral

Thought I had time for these but I don't. I usually try to play all of the older versions before getting to the latest but alas, I have too many on my plate so something has to go:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness -- MB-711FA51B7D89A9BB - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 4 entrants total.
Tomb Raider: Anniversary -- MB-6A2674DD602449C7 - Taken by jmizzal. 6 entrants total.
t1403329655z1.png

Older games that are already 75% probably won't get cheaper. I mean no one can say for certain, but the odds are really against it.

Unlikely. No need to wait, be one of us.

It's possible but pretty unlikely and if it went to 80 or 85% you wouldn't save much more.

Thanks guys, true -- not like an extra few percent over 75% will be huge, it's already cheap.

I really doubt that it's going to go cheaper, but it doesn't hurt to wait until the last day.

This is the thing that scares me about waiting for the dailies and the flash sales. I haven't even sought out bargains like this yet, just looked up the primary games I want like Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim, and all DLC for them.

I'm spending a fuck tonne on dailies and flash sales now, but on the last day when I go out and hunt the standard sales down before it ends? Aw damn, hold me GAF!

...but this is true too, lol. My big fear is I wait until the end and then forget. I think I'll pull the trigger. =)

New Vegas Ultimate was $5 last sale.

Turfster

So, who won milena87's 24 hour Divinty OS giveaway?

TWD Season 2: bite at 50% off or wait for a flash? I remember buying the first one for 3.74€, could it get this low again?

It probably won't go cheaper soon.
Maybe next sale. Maybe all eps will be out by then too.

itschris

Here are some games I already had/didn't want from a Bundle Stars bundle:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-A19EAB64FB6F833F - Taken by Vulcano's assistant
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-3B9F5D7813E05DB3 - Taken by MBison
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-A9768654E1B8DDC2 - Taken by Hip Hop

Are the SiN games good? They look pretty interesting and I've always wanted to check em out.
Ritual's SiN games are great first-person shooters, building exciting action off of many of the best design elements of their respective eras. SiN Gold's the Rise of the Triad of late-'90s shooters (maybe the Blake Stone, too?), with a unique gunplay system focused on headshot aiming, Quake II-engine visuals and physics, plenty of humor and great map variety...you name it, it's there. Emergence, likewise, is a natural product of the Half Life 2 era, with really solid gunplay, a useful stat-measurement and automatic difficulty-adjust system, and a neat compactness that was meant to channel players to the next chapter efficiently. The first game's much longer and has been getting killer hourly deals over at the GOG summer sale; nothing much has been happening for Emergence, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom