• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosur

Clearing out some old Indie Gala stuff before bed time...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shadows Price for Our Sins Bonus Edition -- MB-12113E992E06BA00
Velvet Assassin -- MB-BF117BA822D396B6 - Taken by JSoup
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-6B6C1C9C16ED031B - Taken by itschris
Millennium A New Hope -- MB-B7B50BF72D99BCB1 - Taken by Caerith
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-A369FF3DE820D379 - Taken by biRdy
Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage -- MB-291A334A9DD14EE7 - Taken by FiveElementNinja

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gotta love the Summer Sale - it's a great way to stress test Enhanced Steam.

I just re-wrote the regional price comparison data function, because our current code is relying on Appspot (Google) which is limited to 5 million requests per day. Between it's regular usage and Enhanced Steam, it's been lasting about 4-5 hours each morning before hitting that quota and dying out.

So I've moved this process over to our own API server, and re-wrote Enhanced Steam so that it caches this data locally at the browser level, and is only retrieved once per session. The result is that the process is now faster and MUCH more reliable than before.

Good stuff. Publishing the update soon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Good to hear!
Does it work from every currency as base yet?
The only times I've seen it show up was when I had switched to US first.
Of course, it could have just been that it was always dead when I tried with EU ;)

Yeah, this should work now with USD, GBP, EUR, BRL, and RUB (aka all of the currencies that Steam currently supports).

It's also now more scale-able for the new currencies when they happen.

I think this is the last spare I have but hey I'm drunk.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toy Soldiers -- MB-23CB19F6549F41B6 - Taken by KenOD. 9 entrants total.

t1403330954z1.png

Yrael

I still haven't bought anything...I've got my beady little eye on a few games (such as Cook, Serve, Delicious!) but I'm waiting in case they emerge as flash sales or dailies before the final day.

I took some Torchlight 2 footage to show how broken the berserker class can be, at least in early game:

http://a.pomf.se/ouqjai.webm

And a second one, but this one has a side quest boss in it, so if you think that sort of stuff is a spoiler, don't watch this one:
http://a.pomf.se/xqpajv.webm
Those look awesome and they remind me that I should play more of T2! Thanks for posting. I just prefer to play those type of games co-op and can't bring myself to play it solo.

Paskil

Although I doubt it will happen, would really love to see a discount on Xenonauts. Will likely end up supporting it at full price later because classic XCOM is pretty much my GOTF.

Jintor

Picked up the State of Decay DLC Lifeline - fucking ace. This new environment is exactly what the doctor ordered. Tried Breakdown but knowing the map off by heart really hurt it. Very excited to explore the city more.

Hope it doesn't overheat and crash my PC, but it probably will

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hey, what are the chances of Skyrim's DLC going on a flash or daily sale? Does DLC ever do that by itself, or is that pretty much reserved for GOTY-type things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom