• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Hey, what are the chances of Skyrim's DLC going on a flash or daily sale? Does DLC ever do that by itself, or is that pretty much reserved for GOTY-type things?
Skyrim will definitely be a daily and probably a flash too.
Don't know if it'll discount the DLC more too, but what do you have to lose by waiting?

I think Modbot is mad at me, which is why I never win. Madbot.

It's been ages since I won something too =p

Danj

Hey, what are the chances of Skyrim's DLC going on a flash or daily sale? Does DLC ever do that by itself, or is that pretty much reserved for GOTY-type things?

No, if a thing goes on sale it's usually the whole thing, unless the DLC is newly released. I've never seen DLC go on sale on its own.

aku:jiki

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyep! I give it one SteamGAF seal of approval and 2 thumbs up.

It is a very challenging rogue-like.
It's not a roguelike though.

But, yes, it's great. It feels a little shallow once you get deep into it, but it is very fun nonetheless.

Speevy

Banned
I wonder how many games there are on Steam that are either set in a retro style, rogue-like, rogue-lite, Metroid-vania, 2D puzzle platformer or some combination of these.

Yakkue

Gotta love the Summer Sale - it's a great way to stress test Enhanced Steam.

I just re-wrote the regional price comparison data function, because our current code is relying on Appspot (Google) which is limited to 5 million requests per day. Between it's regular usage and Enhanced Steam, it's been lasting about 4-5 hours each morning before hitting that quota and dying out.

So I've moved this process over to our own API server, and re-wrote Enhanced Steam so that it caches this data locally at the browser level, and is only retrieved once per session. The result is that the process is now faster and MUCH more reliable than before.

Good stuff. Publishing the update soon.

I wish I could code. Being able to do stuff like that sounds like fun :)
Thanks a lot for your work on ES!

What cards are you selling to make that much?

Just normal cards. i have a bunch of games i still have cards to get. Pretty much everything has doubled or tripled in price since the sale started. However I think the excitement is dying a bit as prices are coming back to earth.

Also that amount isn't huge. While 15 games is great, most of them are indie games discounted 80%. Basically $2 or less.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wish I could code. Being able to do stuff like that sounds like fun :)
Thanks a lot for your work on ES!

There's never a better time to start learning than now. :)

mfaex

Those look awesome and they remind me that I should play more of T2! Thanks for posting. I just prefer to play those type of games co-op and can't bring myself to play it solo.

Hit me sometime if you want to play it. When I originally bought it to play with a friend he didn't end up playing it -_- (too much Guild Wars).

Garcia

It's not a roguelike though.

It is considered by many to be one, and the title "rogue-like" has become pretty flexible as the numbers of games that feature procedural generated levels and emphasis in survival increases.

It's difficult to sift through them because each has its own rabid fanbase that swears it's the one you should play in place of the others.

I usually go and watch some gameplay videos on YouTube in order to judge the quality of a game. I agree that fans can be pretty passionate and biased towards their favorite, but it's not that hard to find out which one will appeal to you.

mannerbot

It is considered by many to be one, and the title "rogue-like" has become pretty flexible as the numbers of games that feature procedural generated levels and emphasis in survival increases.

The fact that people use the term incorrectly doesn't make it a roguelike, though.

Garcia

Thank you whoever recommended One Way Heroics. That game is dynamite.

I love that game. It was a breath of fresh air when I first played it.

I hope other devs emulate it's unique blend of elements and push forward in order to establish a new hybrid-genre.

Athleon

I really don't get the summer card price fluctuation. Earlier the supply/demand was like 10 to 1 and the prices were around 0,27€, now it's close to 1-1 and prices are higher. That makes zero sense to me.

jediyoshi

How do you get a purple token? Make it?

Earn rewards and points
Crafting the Summer Adventure Badge gets you:

1 in-game item (or 5 for the foil badge)
1 emoticon
1 profile background
a chance at a Team Token
10 points (or 100 for the foil badge)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd better focus on my bachelor's thesis first ;) But I plan on tackling it after that.

Ah gotcha. I remember those days, seems like forever ago.

Getting ready to push this update then gonna try out some Wolf Among Us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom