• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damaniel

Banned
So, have you guys bought Divinity: OS yet?

Not yet, but tempted. I was planning to buy it anyway (but wait for a discount after it got out of early access), but it probably won't go much cheaper than 20% off for a while.

However, if I spend that much money on a game, I'll feel obligated to play it. Now, can I find time for that? :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Or you could tell them to:

1. Click the big map on the store page

2. Click "Get started"

3. You are now in a team

It took me a while to figure this out as well.

It's true that I could tell people that when I say "spend a few minutes on the steam website" i mean "look for clickable links and URL changes that might suggest they tell you about something that's going on or click the Steam Adventure trading card link or vote for community's choice and then check the card in your inventory or click on any friend's steam profile and then click on their team name or read some of the thread", but personally I feel like if someone takes 2 seconds to ask a question, spending longer to answer it enables people not respecting your time and not trying to find their own answers.

Cth

Woo hoo!

#Team Green

3566140-5992074924-Hulk-.gif

Level 21!

yukonrye

Have any of the F2P item packs been on daily/flash sale? I'm looking to buy one of the Warframe packs and they're currently at -66%.

...and oh yeah ->TeamGreen

Durante

Not yet, but tempted. I was planning to buy it anyway (but wait for a discount after it got out of early access), but it probably won't go much cheaper than 20% off for a while.

However, if I spend that much money on a game, I'll feel obligated to play it. Now, can I find time for that? :)
I could think of worse obligations. Like, all of them.

sprinkles

I love how the team colors are on your steam profile as well. Scored a bunch of points with crafting, but Team Red still dead last.

It's true that I could tell people that when I say "spend a few minutes on the steam website" i mean "look for clickable links and URL changes that might suggest they tell you about something that's going on or click the Steam Adventure trading card link or vote for community's choice and then check the card in your inventory or click on any friend's steam profile and then click on their team name or read some of the thread", but personally I feel like if someone takes 2 seconds to ask a question, spending longer to answer it enables people not respecting your time and not trying to find their own answers.

Okay, that's alright. I understand. I just thought I'd type it out for those who still had issues :)

xBladeM6x

I'm wondering if it's worth it to bother with Dead Rising 3, on this sale. I doubt it's going any lower before it's release, and I have a vested interest in getting it at some point. If someone played it on Xbox One, what did you think of the game compared to the others in the franchise? :eek:

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Have any of the F2P item packs been on daily/flash sale? I'm looking to buy one of the Warframe packs and they're currently at -66%.

...and oh yeah ->TeamGreen

They do sometimes put F2P content on flash or daily deals. If I had to guess I'd guess Warframe won't be one, but maybe it will, and there's no real urgency to get the packs RIGHT NOW, right?

maladroid

It's almost 3 in the morning here, so I can't be bothered wading through this thread. I have a problem. I am currently residing in South Korea with no access to internet banking, so I use my bank account back home for online transactions. I've actually bought things from Steam during my time here (less than a week ago, in fact), but now they've declined my attempts to purchase during the sale due to the difference in payment method location and my current location. How do I get around this? If this has been covered already, just a link to that post would be lovely. Thanks in advance.

aku:jiki

Pink team wat r u doing

Get back in the trenches and fight! We're losing to purple! I've already picked up 7 games and crafted a badge, are you contributing to the war effort?

aww so south park is only getting a 33% discount huh :( was hoping I could snag it at $25 or something. Maybe Amazon might get a discount on it. Going to finally pick up Virgil's downfall for DmC. Been waiting to buy that for a while, its the only reason I still have that game installed after beating it like 4 or so months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom