• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midn1ght

For quoting purpose :

v9sYnGz.png

gorfyako

Banned
Six and a half hours until I'm home from work, argh. Already got like five or six games in my cart. Want to add more, but getting to store pages is impossible.

Nymphae

Banned
Sigh. I forget my steam password and I want to log in at work.

This is what the "forgot your password?" link takes you to:

nV2prb3.png

Step fucking 1. Where the fuck am I selecting "I know my account name"???

z1ggy

I'm highly tempted to pick up Divinity OS. Will wait untill the end of the day to decide.

Is Don't Starve good? I like the art style a lot.

I hope Wolfestein New Order gets some discount

Or, y'know, just answer the question? Are people in this thread allergic to answering question?

i'm trying to warn you that you the phrase "i'm sure if you just look at the steam web site for a few seconds you'll figure it out" has been posted by someone else who's opinion you don't want to disparage in any way lest you try their patience

I will be good and only buy games I will play during this sale.

Nymerio

So I'm thinking of picking up XCOM. Don't know if I should take the complete pack or just the base game. I've never played XCOM before so I'm not sure...

Cth

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| I'm sure if you just look at the steam web site for a few seconds you'll figure it out

SHADES

Divinity: Original Sin (current daily)
Divinity: Dragon Commander (60% off!)

Both are some seriously PC-ass PC games.

By the way, not just you but everyone should get Dragon Commander at 60% off!

Thanks, I'll look them over. Currently bit with The Witcher 2 and nearly Civ V but will wait for the daily on that one.

BruteUA

nV2prb3.png

I think if you reset your password, you get a cooldown period and can't buy or trade for a while. Unless someone knows that to be wrong, I'd hold off if I were you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's almost 3 in the morning here, so I can't be bothered wading through this thread. I have a problem. I am currently residing in South Korea with no access to internet banking, so I use my bank account back home for online transactions. I've actually bought things from Steam during my time here (less than a week ago, in fact), but now they've declined my attempts to purchase during the sale due to the difference in payment method location and my current location. How do I get around this? If this has been covered already, just a link to that post would be lovely. Thanks in advance.

You'll have to submit a support ticket and explain your situation, but chances are that you're going to be waiting a while for a response (at least a few days).

Also, I hope you don't mind, but I've been looking for a South Korean GAFer to help me out with obtaining Korean retail copies of Football Manager (shipping to Australia adds to the cost significantly and I only need the CD keys), so I'm probably going to PM you soon. I don't really have the money to jump down that rabbit hole just yet, especially with the Summer Sale now underway, but it's something I intend to get around to within the next couple of months.

Cbajd5

You can circumvent that since yesterday.

Ah, I see. Not sure how that'd work with my debit card. Does the lockout still happen and can it be circumvented if you use Paypal? (Wait, never mind about the Paypal usage of the verification, read the community post about the feature and it says it's only usable with credit cards.)

Also a much more important question, what kind of keys am I supposed to be buying? I knew about TF2 keys, but I see DOTA 2 keys on the marketplace and the reddit post mentions CS:GO keys.

KarmaCow

nV2prb3.png

You need to do it in the client AFAIK. I had the same issue logging into an alt account.

The_Monk

Humble Strategy bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Sang Froid
  • Stronghold Crusader HD
  • Cubetractor
TIER 2: 6$
  • Unity of Command
  • Eador
  • Space Hulk
TIER 3: 9$
  • Ironclad Tactics

Wow, I was about to buy Stronghold HD on Steam since it seems I missed it on a bundle and now there's a bundle with Stronghold Crusader HD instead. Need to check the differences between them and see if they are worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom