• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

Dat purple!!!

zQoCbbj.gif

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Any chance Enslaved will get cheaper? its already 75% off.
Just wait till the very last day of the sale. Just in case. First rule in steamsale's; never hurry.

Unless the game you're interested in is called Divinity: Original Sin. In which case I say Meep-meep! and well done, good sir/milady!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sigh. I forget my steam password and I want to log in at work.

This is what the "forgot your password?" link takes you to:

nV2prb3.png

Step fucking 1. Where the fuck am I selecting "I know my account name"???

You need to use the client to reset your password, unfortunately.

Tizoc

More than 1000 posts in under 1 hour, if this keeps up, this thread may get locked by the 2nd day of the Steam sale haha.

Thanks to Putin I just bought Dead Rising 3, Planetary Annihilation and Sins of Solar Empire. Rebellion for 26,5€.

Damnit Fanto, don't go teasing me like this!

sprinkles

Divinity: Original Sin (current daily)
Divinity: Dragon Commander (60% off!)

Both are some seriously PC-ass PC games.

By the way, not just you but everyone should get Dragon Commander at 60% off!
I am cheap, I will hold out for 75% on Dragon Commander. But I have an excuse, still playing Final Fantasy 8 and will tackle Might & Magic X after that, so I would have no time for Dragon Commander!

Nymphae

Banned
I think if you reset your password, you get a cooldown period and can't buy or trade for a while. Unless someone knows that to be wrong, I'd hold off if I were you.

Fantastic. How is there not an option to reset or recover passwords like there is for nearly every other service in existence? God damnit I hate nearly everything about Steam other than the games I play in it.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
This thread is going even faster then last year, Great Scott.

BruteUA

I hope a bunch of team switch tokens drop, to get these crybabies off the Red Team before the epic comeback and domination.

I bet it's rigged.

sprinkles

Just wait till the very last day of the sale. Just in case. First rule in steamsale's; never hurry.
I made the observation that -75% will be as good as it gets for most games, we rarely had Dailies or Flash Sales with deeper discounts during the last big sales.

Nymphae

Banned
You need to use the client to reset your password

Is there any way for me to not reset it but have an email sent to me with my password?

"Forgot your password?" should not take you to a link to reset the thing, it should send you an email with the password. Uggh guess I'm not doing any voting today.

First 3 people to quote this post get the ultimate discount (i.e. free code) on our most recent game on Steam, Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4! Everybody else can make do with the regular 70% off. :)

KarmaCow

Fantastic. How is there not an option to reset or recover passwords like there is for nearly every other service in existence? God damnit I hate nearly everything about Steam other than the games I play in it.

There is an option when trying to sign via the client, but I wouldn't recommend doing it right now when the servers are bogged down with the start of the sale. I couldn't even log into an alt account via the website with the way things are right now.

Is there any way for me to not reset it but have an email sent to me with my password?

It would be really shitty security if they could simply email your password.

Man, there are some games I am waiting for.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein (this well never go on sale... I know it).

The New Wolf (too soon?)

SSFIV

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FUCK YEAH on that humble bundle, been eyeing Ironclad and Unity of Command for ages

Salsa

if you get a Team Token you can change your team btw

this is known as the dirty fucking traitor strategy*

*unless you change to superior pink

Right, so now I've gotten what I wanted from the dailies and the flash sales... is there nothing I can miss now until the next flash sale goes up in 7 hours?

Or is there something else I'm unaware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom