• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Ahem!

asscreeddgr2o.jpg

No Freedom Cry? I am disappoint.

Guys... i just realized... we forgot about a game.

It was something like Terraria... just with SCI-FI elements. It was very popular but it didnt get a update since... 6 months ago.

What was it called again?

Fucking Starbound! Where's my fucking update at?

I have a question for those of you who are Steam veterans: currently Steam
is offering TWD Season for 50% off, should I wait until this game arrives as a flash sale or go for it? I am a huge TWD fan who reads the comic every month that it is released!

Thanks for the feedback!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No Freedom Cry? I am disappoint.

My Black Flag time includes Freedom Cry. It wasn't a standalone game at the time and since I've already played through the campaign I'm in no hurry to pick up said standalone version.

is offering TWD Season for 50% off, should I wait until this game arrives as a flash sale or go for it? I am a huge TWD fan who reads the comic every month that it is released!

Thanks for the feedback!

It's worth it for that price, but since it's been that way for 2 days, you wouldn't miss out waiting just a bit longer to be safe.

Kamion

Thanks for the feedback!

It's a daily, afaik it doesn't get cheaper than that. So yeah, go for it, the episodes that are out have been really good.

mannerbot

Thanks for the feedback!

Wait for a featured sale, but if it's a daily/flash/community choice then go ahead as it shouldn't be any cheaper barring price mistakes.

Got a second copy yesterday, but I imagine due to all the traffic, my gift mail wouldn't go through until now.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Way Heroics -- MB-3DC87C59298DE0A3 - Taken by Shackzam. 14 entrants total.

t1403337253z1.png

Is paper's please worth it? I feel like it could be fun but at the same time I feel like it would be fun for 10 minutes.

I was the same way. I couldn't stand it after about 10-15 mins.
It's basically a paper pushing work simulator
But for a few bucks, its not terrible at all.

Is paper's please worth it? I feel like it could be fun but at the same time I feel like it would be fun for 10 minutes.

For what they are asking for it, it is absolutely worth it. They add something new every day to keep things interesting, the way the story is presented is fantastic, and it is quite a unique experience in just how it presents a very grey area with its moral choices. Absolutely worth 2.99

Copons

Oh for fuck sake, I've bought Risk of Rain but it has completely NO SOUND at all...

I've searched around and people suggest to uninstall EVERY REDIST ever, restart and reinstall only the redist in ROR folder.
LOL WTF.
Is this even a good thing to do, for all the other games that installed their own redist?

JaseC

Oh for fuck sake, I've bought Risk of Rain but it has completely NO SOUND at all...

I've searched around and people suggest to uninstall EVERY REDIST ever, restart and reinstall only the redist in ROR folder.
LOL WTF.
Is this even a good thing to do, for all the other games that installed their own redist?

Games install their own DX/Visual C++/.NET redists because of Microsoft's redist policy -- if you uninstall them there's a chance the particular libraries a given game requires will no longer be present on your system.

LOL WTF.

Start it a few times. If you have it everytime then try that out. But i have the problem like everytime i start the game the first time. The second time is then with sound.

Copons

Games install their own DX/Visual C++/.NET redists because of Microsoft's redist policy -- if you uninstall them there's a chance the particular libraries the game requires will no longer be present on your system.

So it actually isn't a good thing for all the other games. :D

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling only the ones that came with ROR, but right now I don't feel like waiting 15 seconds for a reboot.

Start it a few times. If you have it everytime then try that out. But i have the problem like everytime i start the game the first time. The second time is then with sound.

Launched already 4-5 times.
Like 3 times before uninstalling/reinstalling its redists, and a couple after (but I've yet to reboot so who knows).

Garcia

Got a Don't Starve Booster Pack out of fucking nowhere... It coincidentally showed up after I upgraded the game's badge. Is that supposed to happen? I mean, do you actually increases the chances of getting Booster Packs if you keep crafting stuff?

aku:jiki

So it actually isn't a good thing for all the other games. :D

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling only the ones that came with ROR, but right now I don't feel like waiting 15 seconds for a reboot.
See dark_inferno's post. The game just does that sometimes.

JaseC

What is the best way to make money out of cards ?

Sell them. There's no trick to it. I mean, if you happen to earn a foil and there's only one other listing on the market, you could be brave and buy it to list both at higher price, but this is a very dangerous gamble as foils can be a pain to offload

Edit: Installing Enhanced Steam will allow you sort your badge list by drop value.

Got a Don't Starve Booster Pack out of fucking nowhere... It coincidentally showed up after I upgraded the game's badge. Is that supposed to happen? I mean, do you actually increases the chances of getting Booster Packs if you keep crafting stuff?

Yes, i think every 10 ranks increases your chance to get boosters in general

Tizoc

I checked Steamtrade and various Witcher 3 offers are going for 9 TF2 keys, I checked the trader and they have high rep. I might go for it...

Killadji

Sell them. There's no trick to it. I mean, if you happen to earn a foil and there's only one other listing on the market, you could be brave and buy it to list both at higher price, but this is a very dangerous gamble as foils can be a pain to offload.

Thanks. And what about the price ? There's no trick to set it correctly ?

Edit : Nice, installed Enhanced Steam.

Anteater

yea you'd be surprised how much money you get back from cards, I got like 8.5bucks yesterday just from cards and I crafted a few badges for fun while I was at it.

JaseC

Thanks. And what about the price ? There's no trick to set it correctly ?

If you're patient, you can try listing the cards a little above the lowest price; if you want the money ASAP either match the current lowest price or go one cent lower still.

Killadji

yea you'd be surprised how much money you get back from cards, I got like 8.5bucks yesterday just from cards and I crafted a few badges for fun while I was at it.

Without putting any of your personal money in it ? Impressive.

Edit : Okay thanks all for your answers, looks like it's time to enter the STEAM-CARDS-GAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom