• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

Who in gods name keeps stealing from those three and why? :confused:

jLu3jJtPXiNgO.png

Plot-twist: Blues are stealing points from themselves and giving them away to other teams in order to remain last place.

Derp

The gaming side of GAF has it's share of judgmental self-entitled assholes; it's just a matter of learning how to deal with those who get on your nerve. Your reply was perfect for the likes of him/her.
Really? Although i'm still new here, i've found everyone extremely respectful, understanding and really helpful. Or perhaps it's because i'm mainly in the Steam thread(s)... Everyone here is simply awesome.

I had some good times with AssCreeJuan.

Granted that was entirely comprised of about ten minutes of chucking guards off cliffs.

That was pretty much the extent of AC for me, clearly it couldn't go anywhere but down from there so I've never touched the series beyond that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It had been awhile since I checked my remaining card tally with the enhanced steam addon. As of a few hours ago, I had on average $16 worth of card drops remaining. A few foil cards have helped boost that total up nicely.

oh ok, this enhanced steam is quite good :)

I have £8 worth of cards, but still 111 drops available. So maybe all this idling won't be a waste of time.. I'll use up one badge per day if it looks like my team is winning, but otherwise I might hold onto the cards to sell afterwards..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This reminds me that I still haven't finished the first "Ass". -__-

The original AssCreed is my favourite of the bunch thus far for the simple fact that, despite its shortcomings, it's the entry that succeeds the most at making the player feel like an actual assassin. That being said, Renaissance Italy is my definitely favourite setting of the series thus far -- I'd love to see the period revisited in a "next-gen"-only title, but this is admittedly unlikely given the three back-to-back Ezio games.

Edit: Forgot the quote. Fixed.

oipic

too late :( I thought it included the Deadman's Switch Campaign which after googling is part of the base game T_T

$2.49 wasted. sheesh

You wouldn't be the first to be caught out by that, I reckon - it's rather ambiguously (or simply very poorly) worded on the store page.

Flipyap

Possibly because it is the most boring and repetitive game in the entire "Ass" series.
It's certainly unfinished and low on "content", but it's the only game in the series with solid core gameplay (which also fits its premise). It actually features assassinations, how crazy is that?! I think it's a great Ass.

JustLynx

Good luck!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros. -- MB-667B6C69D2D96583 - Taken by TsuXna. 5 entrants total.

t1403350204z1.png

I wait for Winter Sale for TWD season 2. Until then every episode should be out or at least one is missing.

Wolf Among Us is much more interesting (and probably cheaper than TWD:S2).

Yakkue

Speaking of messages:

pmlol2jsw2.jpg

I'm still not quite sure whether or not it was a joke. I'm leaning towards "no", in which case it's a bit of a silly thing to say during a period where every user and their dog is buying games just because they're cheap.

It's always a silly thing to say. As long as you're not getting yourself into debt over this, you can spend your money however you like without being considered crazy and in need of help.

mrgone

too late :( I thought it included the Deadman's Switch Campaign which after googling is part of the base game T_T

$2.49 wasted. sheesh

thoughts on
the Shadowrun DLC
and Papers Please

Papers Please is definitely a great pickup, but you should try out the beta/demo at dukope.net if you havn't already to make sure you like it too. It's short, so you've got enough time to give it a shot before the deal's up :)

And listening to Shadowrun's soundtrack on youtube I'm actually considering the deluxe upgrade too. Hah. Look what you've done. :(

mfaex

Speaking of messages:

pmlol2jsw2.jpg

I'm still not quite sure whether or not it was a joke. I'm leaning towards "no", in which case it's a bit of a silly thing to say during a period where every user and their dog is buying games just because they're cheap.

I bet that guy is really pissed at the people waging steam summer sale point war.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It said something about being level 8 before being able to craft cards or whatever. Ok only 4. I guess I don't care about the meta game thing any more lol

Team red here by the way

burst

I'm just getting into PC gaming, building a PC next week and buying the games on my laptop now. Would you recommend state of decay or day z, i love the idea of zombie survivial? anything else similar?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It said something about being level 8 before being able to craft cards or whatever. Ok only 4. I guess I don't care about the meta game thing any more lol

You need to be Level 8 to receive cards from Community's Choice poll voting, but the cards are awarded retroactively if you hit the requirement later into the sale, so you don't miss out provided you keep on top of voting. In the past the requirement was Level 5, but I suppose it was raises slightly so as to somewhat encourage badge crafting.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'm just getting into PC gaming, building a PC next week and buying the games on my laptop now. Would you recommend state of decay or day z, i love the idea of zombie survivial? anything else similar?

Dead State and Project Zomboid are very good, but both are still in Early Access, so they do not have a lot of content yet.

Also I'd recommend Zafehouse Diaries, pretty fun and unique game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom