• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, didn't realize State of Decay had a second DLC.
I'm tempted by it, but it's almost the same price as the main game. I guess it's getting wishlisted and will await the winter sale... maybe I'll have played State of Decay by then. ;)

Salsa

someone on steam chat told me "I have a spare key for.." and idk what it was cause BPM chat sucks and it didnt show up when I exited and now I gotta go through history one user at a time -_-

so if he/she is here, lemme know

mrklaw

MrArseFace
just downloaded 56GB of my backlog overnight just to idle cards. I'm going to cry now

(only took about 5 hours though, not so bad)

also, I still haven't had the cards drop from being on the purple team - I'm level 11 and I'm sure I crafted two badges (they were community badges though - does that not count?)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
just downloaded 56GB of my backlog overnight just to idle cards. I'm going to cry now

(only took about 5 hours though, not so bad)

...you didn't need to download all of that just to idle. All you have to do is look in your steam files for a game with a steam appid.txt and change the number inside of it to match the game you want to idle cards for.

duckroll

Whoooooooa, just realized that Dragonfall is also part of the Shadowrun Returns community vote offer. Grabbed it for 6 bucks. Time to finally finish Dead Man's Switch and see how much of an improvement this expansion is I guess. :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I misread, I thought all players from winning team with 30 points will get games, but apparently only 30 players!

Tizoc

Whoooooooa, just realized that Dragonfall is also part of the Shadowrun Returns community vote offer. Grabbed it for 6 bucks. Time to finally finish Dead Man's Switch and see how much of an improvement this expansion is I guess. :)

What's Dead Man's switch? Is it only available via the Deluxe upgrade?

It had been awhile since I checked my remaining card tally with the enhanced steam addon. As of a few hours ago, I had on average $16 worth of card drops remaining. A few foil cards have helped boost that total up nicely.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
someone on steam chat told me "I have a spare key for.." and idk what it was cause BPM chat sucks and it didnt show up when I exited and now I gotta go through history one user at a time -_-

so if he/she is here, lemme know

Speaking of messages:

pmlol2jsw2.jpg

I'm still not quite sure whether or not it was a joke. I'm leaning towards "no", in which case it's a bit of a silly thing to say during a period where every user and their dog is buying games just because they're cheap.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I think I need more detailed instructions for this lol

1. Go to your OS files and find where the Steam folder is
  2. Inside will be a folder called "Steam Apps"
  3. Inside of that is a folder called "Common"
  4. There will be a ton of files for different games you have in here. Some, but not all, have a .txt in them titled steam_appid.
  5. Each Steam game has a sub, a number that identifies it. Like Millennium: A New Hope, the one I use for idling, has an id of 280140. If I wanted to idle for cards, which only works for games you already own, I'd change the text in the .txt file. So Blackwell Convergence has an id of 80350. I'd change it to that.
  6. Make sure to run the .exe for the game you're using for idling from the folder itself and not from your Steam library. You'll get an error code, but that's supposed to happen when idling.
  7. You're now idling for cards for games that you own, and you don't even need to install them.

Salsa

Speaking of messages:

pmlol2jsw2.jpg

I'm still not quite sure whether or not it was a joke. I'm leaning towards "no", in which case it's a bit of a silly thing to say during a period where every user and their dog is buying games just because they're cheap.

who sent that?

Speaking of messages:

pmlol2jsw2.jpg

Wow, someone actually sent that?

zkylon

zkylewd
if u got the money to spend it's your money

i don't envy having to actually choose a game to play out of that hell of a list

i mean, that's what drives saoirse to destroy her life ass creeding

didamangi

Speaking of messages:

pmlol2jsw2.jpg

Has to be a joke, right?

oipic

(I'd rather not name and shame.)

You're a gentleman, Jase - an unsolicited piece of rudeness like that just about warrants a good old-fashioned naming and shaming... but as always, you're classier than that.

+1 to the rude PM collection, I guess.

tylerf

I wonder if Out of the Park 15 will get a bigger discount. I'm not sure it's popular enough to be a daily or flash sale.

Garcia

Psh, don't pretend, you know it was you!

(I'd rather not name and shame.)

The gaming side of GAF has it's share of judgmental self-entitled assholes; it's just a matter of learning how to deal with those who get on your nerve. Your reply was perfect for the likes of him/her.

is Shadowrun worth getting the Deluxe version for?

I'm actually thinking of getting Paper Please and maybe the Shadowrun DLC :/

No.

Possibly because it is the most boring and repetitive game in the entire "Ass" series.

I know, I know... opinions.

But I fail to see how people like games where it's just GTA:Renaissance instead of a game about actually researching and assassinating a target. Sure, some of the side missions were silly... like run and collect these flags and I'll give you some intel. But compared to AC2, which seems to be the favorite of many, it's just so much better... it actually feels like you have options and variants for taking out the targets... I loved it... and didn't really like the sequel. Hell, I liked Liberation more than I liked AC2. :p

The original AssCreed is my favourite of the bunch thus far for the simple fact that, despite its shortcomings, it's the entry that succeeds the most at making the player feel like an actual assassin. That being said, Renaissance Italy is my definitely favourite setting of the series thus far -- I'd love to see the period revisited in a "next-gen"-only title, but this is admittedly unlikely given the three back-to-back Ezio games.

Edit: Forgot the quote. Fixed.

Jases gotta stick together. :brospect:

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
That PM was clearly someone from team red.

Just accept the L, like those of us in team blue have.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The gaming side of GAF has it's share of judgmental self-entitled assholes; it's just a matter of learning how to deal with those who get on your nerve. Your reply was perfect for the likes of him/her.

It's not like off topic is free of those people either :p Luckily steamgaf is mostly free of that.

Who in gods name keeps stealing from those three and why? :confused:

jLu3jJtPXiNgO.png

It's probably red team, trying to take all of the points it can get :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom