• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derp

Got about 10 minutes to decide whether Risk of Rain is worth it @.@

Looks like something that could get boring pretty fast.

psn

I'm just getting into PC gaming, building a PC next week and buying the games on my laptop now. Would you recommend state of decay or day z, i love the idea of zombie survivial? anything else similar?

DayZ is so buggy, I deinstalled it until next year. At least get some playable games :p

H1Z1 seems good so far, gets early access soon.

Speaking of messages:

pmlol2jsw2.jpg

I'm still not quite sure whether or not it was a joke. I'm leaning towards "no", in which case it's a bit of a silly thing to say during a period where every user and their dog is buying games just because they're cheap.
Complete bullshit to do something like this.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Speaking of messages:

pmlol2jsw2.jpg

I'm still not quite sure whether or not it was a joke. I'm leaning towards "no", in which case it's a bit of a silly thing to say during a period where every user and their dog is buying games just because they're cheap.

Oh my.

I say it's even less of a silly thing to say in the time period and more just a silly thing to say. Whenever someone says a comment like this to anyone about this sort of thing, it always strikes me as the person in question is afraid for some reason or another. Be it jealousy, misplaced concern, or uniformity. And generally this fear can lead people to become the very things they're so afraid of. For example in this scenario, they're trying to tell you that you have a problem, but by doing this and trying to tell you this, it looks like from an outside perspective the person in question has a problem all their own.

If it's not hurting you or anyone else, it's not a big deal. I think people are immensely interesting, and a big part of that is the differences between us. I am thankful and appreciative each day that people are as interesting as they are, good qualities, flaws, and all. While some might view your hobby as obsessive, expensive, and compulsive, I think it can also be read just as easily as supportive, passionate, and commitment. It might be a joke, the thing that makes me think maybe on that is the word wasteful, though if it is it's not amusing. The reason is because it's not really wasteful on account developers get money, you get games, and it's not like there's a finite number of Steam games. The only thing you could argue with that is it'd be wasteful to your wallet, but obviously to you it's not that, so honestly it's not wasteful on any front.

But then I'm maybe not the best judge as I'm a bit too much into horror, but I like it that way. I presume that as you collect Steam games out of choice, you enjoy it too, and if you can support yourself in that endeavor, then my stance is more power to you. I enjoy your unique characteristics, and you most certainly seem to know what you like, at the very least. Which is a good trait, more people need to be true to themselves, and thoughtful of others, which I'd say you are on both accounts.

Kadin

How's Shadowrun Returns?
I've only played a few hours of it but I'm really enjoying it so far. Heard it's very linear but I really enjoy the presentation, turn-based combat and the story. For <$10 for both game and dlc, it's an excellent value from what everyone told me. And I can already see it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Speaking of messages:

pmlol2jsw2.jpg

giphy.gif

Benedict

Thanks for all the tips regarding games for my kids.
I bought some cheap ones, just now:

Secret of the Magic Crystals | Roogoo | Defy Gravity Extended | Battlepillars Gold Edition

They like robots and horses so no gender stereotypes here.

They have the Toki Tori games since before, as well as Trine, Puzzler World games, Skydrift, and some adventure and puzzle games mostly.

hepburn3d

Fun, for Halo fans, good in short bursts, twin stick shooter at its finest.

Get it your a Halo fan, If you just want a twin stick shooter get Nation Red instead.

Halo: SA has it's flaws but its a good little game. If it helps cards for it are 25cents each at the moment so you can make some good money back.

Purchased. Quick fun sounds my game. So far my favourite double dip has been going from Far Cry 3 on PS3 to PC on ultra. It's just awesome. Can't go back to 720p 30fps now.

Dreamt last night GTA5 popped up in the sales. Was a good dream :)

mdzapeer

Thanks for all the tips regarding games for my kids.
I bought some cheap ones, just now:

Secret of the Magic Crystals | Roogoo | Defy Gravity Extended | Battlepillars Gold Edition

They like robots and horses so no gender stereotypes here.

They have the Toki Tori games since before, as well as Trine, Puzzler World games, Skydrift, and some adventure and puzzle games mostly.

Check out Castle of Illusion its fun little platformer with lots charm.

Eusis

Alright, bought Shadowrun. Without the DLC though, maaaybe I'll buy it if I really like the game. Thanks for the recommendations :)
Hope you like it fast because the sale's going to vanish in 5 minutes - hahaha who am I kidding it's going to show up again in a flash or a daily.

There have been three or four times now where I almost bought something and managed to catch myself, knowing I would never play it. Feels good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom