• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorites:

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-8485CC226FD72AC5 - Taken by Coldsun. 13 entrants total.

t1403343555z1.png

Coldsun

Banned
I'm really tempted by the DeadRising 3 sale. I'm just worried I'll bite, and when it comes out have no interest. So what does GAF think? Is it worth the purchase?

Evo X

I liked Brotherhood the most. AC2 and AC4 I think are the ones people like the most. Revelations can be tiring, since it's basically the same as Brotherhood, but I liked it as well.

Personally, I'm tempted by Liberation right now...

I'm a huge fan of open world games and have played all of the AC games. Even so, I found Liberation to be a bore and had to force myself to finish it. I'd suggest staying away from it.

Finally got AC1! Have been holding out for ages for a decent price on steam rather than tages or whatever the other version is. Hope it's worth the wait

Toki767

I'm really tempted by the DeadRising 3 sale. I'm just worried I'll bite, and when it comes out have no interest. So what does GAF think? Is it worth the purchase?

I was excited about it until Giantbomb said that it didn't particularly run any better than the Xbox One version. Sounds like it'll be a crappy port.

Danielsan

Picked up ACII. Got a new summer card. Sadly I keep getting doubles.
I now have number 9 thrice and number 5 twice... Not making great strides towards the summer badge this way.

Evo X

If you're not sure, don't buy it. It's not coming out for a few months anyway. Wait and see how good of a port it is. It will probably go on sale again later in the year.

Eusis

I was excited about it until Giantbomb said that it didn't particularly run any better than the Xbox One version. Sounds like it'll be a crappy port.
My video card's just under the listed minimum, so... yeah, for me there's not much reason. It's one of the most tempting games admittedly, but it sounds like one that's better saved for after a video card upgrade, and by the time that happens there'd probably be a better sale anyway.

Ark

Grabbed BioShock Infinite and the season pass. Just need Thief and FFXIV to go on flash/daily sales and I'll have all the big games I wanted from this sale :)

Coldsun

Banned

That's good enough for me to wait.

If you're not sure, don't buy it. It's not coming out for a few months anyway. Wait and see how good of a port it is. It will probably go on sale again later in the year.

Yeah, I suppose your right. If it really is a shoddy port I guess it's quite possible that it'll be on a somewhat heavy discount during the Christmas sale.

Thank you both =) You saved me from having regrets, I'm sure

Derp

Stupid question incoming: If you craft a level 2 badge, does it give you 200 XP? Is there a point to crafting two badges for a single game aside for extra XP?

Coldsun

Banned
Stupid question incoming: If you craft a level 2 badge, does it give you 200 XP? Is there a point to crafting two badges for a single game aside for extra XP?

Same amount of exp per each level, and additional chances at backgrounds and emoticons

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You earn 100 XP per level, and no, a higher-level badge doesn't increase your chances of better rewards.

Won the most boring science victory possible in a 4x game in Pandora: First Contact only to discover Warlock II is a flash sale. Out with the sci-fi, in with the swords and sorcery.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Picked up Painkiller, Metal Slug and Payday 2 with almost zero intention to play Payday 2 and Painkiller. Goddamnit Gaben!

I'm surprisingly behaving. I want Metal Slug but my main priority games cost more than that so Im not buying anything unless Rayman Legends or MGR:Revengeance dont show up at sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom