• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam says that I already own the Payday 2 yet the transaction failed and they never took my money. And there is a cancel this transaction link on my transactions list.
RQk2wzwGuAIe.png

YzdOLk-v1C4Y.png

The_Monk

I wonder what's the rarest of the removed games on Steam (not counting the joke games like Ashes cricket or Earth 2066 that got removed in a day). Probably Outrun 2006

It may not be the rarest but it's one that I truly want and won't be able to get it: the first Dirt.

Also, good day to everyone! Making some coffee to wake-up.

Tizoc

Metal Slug 3 (hopefully from a Russian, due to its insanely low price): yay or nay?

MS3 is not region locked far as I know. If the key trading price is lower than steam I'd say go for it.
Actually check their account on Steamtrades to see if they have good rep.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Zoc

Assassin's creed 4 is on sale for 50% off, and so is the rest of the AC series. I want to get the standalone version of AC4 Freedom Cry, since it's $7.50. It's not likely to go lower than that, is it?

Kyougar

I wonder how Valve is "managing" internally the free giveaways.

1.Are they themselve "buying" the Games (minus their own cut) and give the Publisher the money
2. Are they simply give the game away for free and the Publisher gets nothing
3, Or did they negotiate with the publishers (of the 3000 games)

?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Assassin's creed 4 is on sale for 50% off, and so is the rest of the AC series. I want to get the standalone version of AC4 Freedom Cry, since it's $7.50. It's not likely to go lower than that, is it?

Right. Even if AC4 goes Daily, the rest of the series won't lower than this flash deal.

JaseC

Oh, I gotta install another theme? I'll look into it. I'm currently just using the standard Steam.

No, it's just that the settings icon will be different depending on the skin you're using.

I wonder how Valve is "managing" internally the free giveaways.

1.Are they themselve "buying" the Games (minus their own cut) and give the Publisher the money
2. Are they simply give the game away for free and the Publisher gets nothing
3, Or did they negotiate with the publishers (of the 3000 games)

?

I'd assume #1 with a dash of #3 (less negotiate and more "This is what we'll be doing").

I wonder if the day you got it is what you need to think of in order to cum

No comment. :p

jeessuuss...nothing like waking up and seeing my green guys beyond last. wowzers Admittedly I only provided 3 points to the cause but I'm on a budget dammit.

I wish Bound By Flame was cheaper as janky action rpgs like that are up my alley and there really aren't many like it on pc.

d3vnull

Any suggestions of what to put in the top 3 of my wishlist in case I get lucky?

Right now I got
1. Shadow of Mordor (49,99)
2. Ultra Street Fighter IV Digital Upgrade (14.99)
3. COD: AW (59.99)

didamangi

It may not be the rarest but it's one that I truly want and won't be able to get it: the first Dirt.

Also, good day to everyone! Making some coffee to wake-up.

I regret not getting Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast and SEGA Rally Revo, although I did bought both on Get Games but you know, Steam and all that.

RedSwirl

So how does the DLC version of Freedom Cry work if you only own a UPlay copy of ACIV (it came free with my GPU)? Can I somehow get a UPlay copy of Freedom Cry?

Salsa

So how does the DLC version of Freedom Cry work if you only own a UPlay copy of ACIV (it came free with my GPU)? Can I somehow get a UPlay copy of Freedom Cry?

you always get a Uplay key with the steam purchase

the steam version basically launches uplay instead of the game and asks you for the key

For some reason, Brotherhood Deluxe remains at double price than regular edition. Could sound a bit stupid, but it is blocking me to continue with AC franchise. That price tag is too wrong for that minor content. But I want complete editions only for my collection =(

JaseC

I'm not sure. The Uplay key Steam coughs up may not work with a regular Uplay copy of Black Flag as Uplay games in general and their Steam counterparts are technically different games.

Salsa

I'm not sure. The Uplay key Steam coughs up may not work with a regular Uplay copy of Black Flag as Uplay games in general and their Steam counterparts are technically different games.

weird, didnt know that and know of a dude that got base copy of some game (I think splinter cell conviction) on uplay and was able to apply Steam DLC

The_Monk

I wish I had bought that before it got removed. :(

Same, don't worry, if Priit is reading this he will take a screenshot just to make me jealous (he did that once, pfff).

I regret not getting Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast and SEGA Rally Revo, although I did bought both on Get Games but you know, Steam and all that.

Ah yes, Sega Rally would be nice too. Regarding Dirt, the thing is, it's not worth the trouble for me to get a PC Copy since I had to pay shipping and that would be more expensive than the game itself (like on amazon.uk) and local market is a bit empty when it comes to older PC Games.

JaseC

weird, didnt know that and know of a dude that got base copy of some game (I think splinter cell conviction) on uplay and was able to apply Steam DLC

Ah, in that case I'd assume mixing a proper Uplay copy of Black Flag with a Steam-sourced DLC key would be fine.

BibiMaghoo

just look at how fucking much red and purple stole. it's insane how much money people are wasting.

Makes me think Valve are a bit tight for only giving 30 people games. They are making millions. People crafting are paying for those games and much, much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom