• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
GF finished Octodad, great fun, the second-to-last sequence was kinda frustrating though. Took around 3 hours 40 minutes, but there's tons of acheevos and collectibles to get if that's your thing.

Chariot

As I said it's not actually that big. Downloading now and Steam shows 6.8GB. Don't know if downloads anything else later but after the install it'll be around 12GB.
I can confirm this. I got Payday 2 with all DLCs and it uses only 12,958 MB of space.
Any of the DLC's for Payday 2 worth owning at the price they are selling them?
Don't know about Big Bank, but the others? Yeah, pretty much.

Sorry for going OT guys, but I made a video of my GPU issue in case anyone has seen something similar. PM if you wouldn't mind to now clutter up this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7whpLKs2fE

DAMNIT COMMUNITY STOP CRASHING SO I CAN GET THESE KEYS!

...why are you buying off the market? You can buy fixed from marketplace.tl, but going the steamtrades route is still going to be a ton cheaper.

So many green bars on the games, thanks to ES. Underwhelming when you own everything you would want.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my playfire rewards are so delayed I have no idea if the games are triggering or not. still launching them for 2 minutes or so when theres new ones and hope for the best

Oh yeah, my brother gave me his Deadly Premonition booster (I had one for myself too yesterday which I used to craft LVL4 badge) and...

Scooore. Maybe not going to craft the foil, but lvl 5 badge here I come

Got my 3 summer cards today!!

white-kid-dance-club.gif

derExperte

then I return to my dilemma

Hm, I had no problem playing PD1 with strangers, was less frustrating than L4D overall. But the community in PD2 seems to be a bit more hostile which probably happens when a game gets more attention. Jumping in right now while there are a lot of other beginners around could be a good idea.

kiguel182

Is the Bioshock Infinite season pass 50 per cent just for the daily or has it been like this the whole sale?

I neee to know if I'll just buy it or if I can wait.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is the Bioshock Infinite season pass 50 per cent just for the daily or has it been like this the whole sale?

I neee to know if I'll just buy it or if I can wait.

offer ends in 4 hours something something

Liberation only 50% also? no female assassining for me this sale then

Rhaknar

Banished is going to be a daily deal. Don't waste your vote on it. Fighters need love on PC.

most of those will get dailies / flashes anyway, except probably blazblue. again, its the same principle as shadowrun (which WILL get a daily for sure) vs stick it to the man / teslagrad which im not so sure about

people need to learn how to steamsale better :(

kiguel182

Check the counter under the price on the game page.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214933/

Looks like it will get more expensive in five hours.

Its general sale discount is 40%.

Well on the site of the season pass it says the deal ends in 4 and a half hours.

offer ends in 4 hours something something

Liberation only 50% also? no female assassining for me this sale then

Thanks.

Now I don't know if I should bite it or wait for a better deal. If the general discount is 40 per cent I won't lose much...

Lain

Decided to throw money to the wind and grabbed Bound By Flame. I'm gonna play right after it finishes installing. I just hope I won't regret it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
argh why did I buy Metal Slug 3 when I just noticed I bought it in a humble bundle. Doh.

edit: Oh, I hadn't redeemed it on humble bundle. So one of you can have it :)

Quote this post to get the link. Post when you've taken it so I can edit the post.

blah

edit2: GONE

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hm, I had no problem playing PD1 with strangers, was less frustrating than L4D overall. But the community in PD2 seems to be a bit more hostile which probably happens when a game gets more attention. Jumping in right now while there are a lot of other beginners around could be a good idea.
So it has a bunch of tryhards. No thanks. The "new people" thing will pass and it'll just fall back into that style. I'll stick with BF4.

Rhaknar

So is the PC State of Decay worth grabbing?

sure runs fine. cool game too, I need to get back to it. horrible game for OCDers tho, too easy to just obcess about checking EVERY SNGLE HOUSE

rtcn63

argh why did I buy Metal Slug 3 when I just noticed I bought it in a humble bundle. Doh.

edit: Oh, I hadn't redeemed it on humble bundle. So one of you can have it :)

Quote this post to get the link. Post when you've taken it so I can edit the post.

Just woke up and grabbed it, domo Mr. Clawwww

theclaw.jpg

Hasney

sure runs fine. cool game too, I need to get back to it. horrible game for OCDers tho, too easy to just obcess about checking EVERY SNGLE HOUSE

Oh yeah, great game. You just have to remember that it can be buggy as fuck. Not crashy bugs at least, but can glitch a bit.

Hesemonni

Banned
I was worried about the quality of the port job. Heard the beta was not so stellar on tech front. Thanks for the impressions, will buy.

I had a small problem with State Of Decay where it ran at like 10fps when it was full screen, 1366x768 resolution but was like 40+ when i changed it. I can't remember if i reduced the screen size or put it in windowed mode, but one of them made it work better. I might re-install later to see which.

Awesome game though, exploring is pretty fun and running over hordes in a pizza delivery car is addictive.

BibiMaghoo

Gonna give up idling for cards during sales. Idling takes forever.

Seems to differ dependent on the game for me, for example, Don't starve gave me a card at the start of each day, and nothing when idling on menu or pause. Monaco only gave me a card when I finished the first level.

I cannot believe it is just based on time, to coincidental, especially DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom