• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Seems to differ dependent on the game for me, for example, Don't starve gave me a card at the start of each day, and nothing when idling on menu or pause. Monaco only gave me a card when I finished the first level.

I cannot believe it is just based on time, to coincidental, especially DS.

It has to be time based, because people get cards using SAM instead of booting the games.

Tizoc

Sorry for going OT guys, but I made a video of my GPU issue in case anyone has seen something similar. PM if you wouldn't mind to now clutter up this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7whpLKs2fE

...why are you buying off the market? You can buy fixed from marketplace.tl, but going the steamtrades route is still going to be a ton cheaper.

So many green bars on the games, thanks to ES. Underwhelming when you own everything you would want.

Huh? Community Market has some cheap keys saw them go as low as $2.20.

Anyways managed to get the big 3 games:
Dead Rising 3, Divinity OS (no dlc) and Witcher 3...ALL FOR UNDER $60!
PRAISE THE RONAN! PRAISE THE GABE!

bigace33

Gonna give up idling for cards during sales. Idling takes forever.

Nah, just do one game at a time. I can usually do 5 cards in a bit over 2 hours. Play some PS3 or watch a movie while idling and the time goes by really quick. Lol I'm super addicted to this whole card process now. I've sold so many stupid cards that steam had to send me a tax info application. Also, Go team Red!

bigace33

So is it possible to just leave the game on and steam will dump cards out over time?

Yeah, I have two games idling now. More than one game idling does really slow the process, but like Jace said, normally you get like a card every 20 or 30 minutes or so. sometimes faster.

Poetic

You guys think Skyrim Legendary will hit a daily or flash before the end of this? I'd love to snatch it up for less than $20.

Nipo

Has anyone out there played Democracy 3? It looks like the kind of game I would like but reviews seem really polarized.

Ostinatto

Getting a ridiculously fast speed from Steam <3

ibz4iGyXVAyHhJ.png

i live in Santiago Chile. :O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's still limited to 3-4 cards a game though right? they haven't changed it for the sale.

It varies. The amount of drops you get depends on how many cards are in the set and whether the total is even or uneven (e.g. 8 cards = 4 drops [i.e. half]; 9 cards = 5 drops).

Tizoc

Team Green, if this keeps up I won't be bringing the hot green haired and/or green skinned divas and idols for the Summer Sale after party, STEP UP YOUR GAME DAMNIT!

gabbo

It varies. The amount of drops you get depends on how many cards are in the set and whether the total is even or uneven (e.g. 8 cards = 4 drops [i.e. half]; 9 cards = 5 drops).

But it's still not full sets, which is what I was getting at. Thank you for the clarification :)

Pachimari

Guys, if I have money on my Steam account, and I buy something from my phone which uses the same account, will it use the money I have in my Steam wallet or withdraw from my credit card?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So you just get the steam cards at random just as long as you are in a game from steam?

The game itself must support trading cards, and just to clarify you don't earn sale cards through idling, just the cards pertaining to the game itself. You can view your badge page to see which of your owned games have drops remaining (install Enhanced Steam to order your list by highest drop value), and a full list of games on the store that support trading cards can be found here.

But it's still not full sets, which is what I was getting at. Thank you for the clarification :)

Ah, yeah. To complete a set you either need to trade among your friends or buy them from the market, as I'm sure you're aware.

Vuze

I remember that somebody posted some kind of "crushed blacks fix" for State of Decay a few weeks ago in the Steam Thread. It looked very good but I can't seem to find it via google. Do you guys happen to have the link to it? Or was it just some kind of SFX preset? Can't remember.

DrAg0nBoY

Gaf I have a question. Which game do you more recommend. Payday 2 or The Walking Dead Season 1? I know there are two completely different games but still.

I would like to try Payday 2 but I don't have any friends to play with. The Walking Dead on the other side I don't know if I will ever finish ...

So any advice?

The_Monk

Yo, is GRID 2 any good? I've been aching for a racing game, and I wonder if this is the one that can cure that desire.

Yes, and it looks really good too. Decent amount of cars and tracks but I wish they didn't gave us so much DLC because most things in it should be in the main game. Main complaint is that there's not Cockpit view but if you can live with that it's great game. I would say it's more arcade than a Sim and 60 FPS is a bliss. Racing at night, or in places like Dubai is really fun.

Bonus: When you are in the garage checking for cars or events the music that plays there is very relaxing and makes you think about life.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yo, is GRID 2 any good? I've been aching for a racing game, and I wonder if this is the one that can cure that desire.

Its pretty good. Quite a lot of city driving rather than actual race tracks. Plays quite arcadey, so more like PGR than GT.

I was looking at the DLC pack, but its only £1.20 more to buy the DLC and another copy of the game :p

Chariot

It's funny when so many people here are unsure if they should buy Payday 2 because they have no friends to play with. If all those people would buy the game, that alone would make several teams. Come on guys, there have to be enough Gaffers with Payday 2, so don't worry about mates.

It's funny when so many people here are unsure if they should buy Payday 2 because they have no friends to play with. If all those people would buy the game, that alone would make several teams. Come on guys, there have to be enough Gaffers with Payday 2, so don't worry about mates.

We're all introverted.

Yes, and it looks really good too. Decent amount of cars and tracks but I wish they didn't gave us so much DLC because most things in it should be in the main game. Main complaint is that there's not Cockpit view but if you can live with that it's great game. I would say it's more arcade than a Sim and 60 FPS is a bliss. Racing at night, or in places like Dubai is really fun.

Bonus: When you are in the garage checking for cars or events the music that plays there is very relaxing and makes you think about life.

Its pretty good. Quite a lot of city driving rather than actual race tracks. Plays quite arcadey, so more like PGR than GT.

I was looking at the DLC pack, but its only £1.20 more to buy the DLC and another copy of the game :p

That;s what I like to hear. Bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom