• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdzapeer

How does Payday 2 MP work? Is it P2P or on steam dedicated servers?

I tried the demo but couldnt find people to connect it seemed all rather obtuse.

rSpooky

Gaf I have a question. Which game do you more recommend. Payday 2 or The Walking Dead Season 1? I know there are two completely different games but still.

I would like to try Payday 2 but I don't have any friends to play with. The Walking Dead on the other side I don't know if I will ever finish ...

So any advice?

Sound like neither is really good for you then :/. I tell you what, i loved payday and payday 2 , but mostly when i had people to play with as the ai is just furiating. However i only finished chapter 1 of walking dead as it was too depressing for me, then again my grandmother just died so i was not in the right state of mind either, but who knows.

You might get lucky and find a good group to play with online, or perhapd you can convince friends to buy it now it is on sale it takes good teamwork but can get so fun intense.. The first one was better in that regards imho but with the introduction of bigbank they seem to be heading back to the right place :) and i think pd2 has a few missions you could manage with the ai , especially sneaking ones, but it will be hard.

That is all i can tell you :)

If anyone is looking for Payday 2 players, I'm going to grab it today (just waiting to see if I can get in on a 4 pack with anyone, if not I'll just grab the single) and would be happy to team up. Steam ID is in my profile, just add me.

Godan

The game itself must support trading cards, and just to clarify you don't earn sale cards through idling, just the cards pertaining to the game itself. You can view your badge page to see which of your owned games have drops remaining (install Enhanced Steam to order your list by highest drop value), and a full list of games on the store that support trading cards can be found here.

So what happens if you complete a set?

Never really looked into the steam cards thing before.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's the point in doing a Greenlight bundle, Desura, if you take weeks to add keys for games that got in?
Still no Derrick key. :\

or Dungeon of Elements key. what bundle had derrick?

Atlas157

I bought Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

Loving it so far, but I'm afraid of playing it because my GTX 570 gets temps from 80C to 85C with the fan at 80% but with most other games it's 60C to 75C with the fan at 60%

Those temps are normal for Fermi cards right?

oneils

The fours stages of the Steam Sale:

1. You know, I have a pretty good back log going and I will probably just work my way through that for the rest of the year. I'm good, I'm gonna skip this sale.

2. Well, you know, maybe I'll just take a look at my wish list every so often and see what pops up as less than 5 bucks and on sale for more 75% off. *Buys all games under 5 bucks from wish list*

3. Well, you know, there might be some good stuff on the front page that I might be missing, I should at least check it out. *Starts buying games not on wish list*

4. *Furiously refreshing front page - Buys all the games.*

Haunted

Did purple just stole 11.500 pts in one go? o_O
NGHs9bU.jpg

You don't mess with Team Purple!

Corpekata

Banned
I bought Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

Loving it so far, but I'm afraid of playing it because my GTX 570 gets temps from 80C to 85C with the fan at 80% but with most other games it's 60C to 75C with the fan at 60%

Those temps are normal for Fermi cards right?

I wouldn't say normal. Acceptable, more or less, though I personally get fidgety once it gets past 80.

RedSwirl

Okay I checked the Ubi forums and apparently for Freedom Cry to work I would also have to get the Steam version of ACIV, which means If I want this sale now I'll have to get the standalone version which is a bit more expensive.

What's the difference if you get the standalone version versus the DLC version?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Okay I checked the Ubi forums and apparently for Freedom Cry to work I would also have to get the Steam version of ACIV, which means If I want this sale now I'll have to get the standalone version which is a bit more expensive.

What's the difference if you get the standalone version versus the DLC version?

There is no difference. They're exactly the same aside from the obvious fact that the standalone version doesn't require that you own Black Flag.

You have souls avatar and you're complaining about perma death in a zombie survival game?
Souls games acualy is fun and you keep all the itmes. and there is gameplay variation based on what gear you have. Is state of decai you literaly do same shit just to keep people at your base fed.When you die you get other charachter piece of shit that isnt leveled up.Also driving phisics are terible.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where is mr.orange's picture with the steamsale rules?

I need it >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
where is mr.orange's picture with the steamsale rules?

I need it >_>

This one?

Steam has never recognized games that I've launched outside of it as games that were running.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

The trick only works with games that use CEG/"Steam DRM" -- well, I say "only", but the vast majority of titles on Steam use it. Also ensure that the steam_appid.txt file is in the same directory as the game's executable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom