• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdzapeer

I bought Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

Loving it so far, but I'm afraid of playing it because my GTX 570 gets temps from 80C to 85C with the fan at 80% but with most other games it's 60C to 75C with the fan at 60%

Those temps are normal for Fermi cards right?

It should be fine even at 100C, Far Cry 3 gives your GPU a good work out. But Blood Dragon stresses your GPU less than the main game.

Make sure to give your machine plenty of ventilation and take breaks.

Personally I am more bothered by the heat the computer puts out in the room, along with the fan noise. That along with it being summer, just remember to turn up the A/C when playing that game lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
downloads 19gigs worth of Wticher 2 to idle for 2 minutes for 10cents playfire reward

BibiMaghoo

It's a program that can be used to unlock/re-lock achievements, but also comes in handy for idling in games without having to actually download them. Alternatively, there's the app id trick.

Edit: D'oh, forgot to switch tabs.

You can cheat to unlock achievements and you can relock them?

Where have I been living...

Wales. It all makes sense.

This race be like
semttulowbjsf.png

That said, I got the badge so I'll just
profit
help my comrades by putting more cards in the market.

Quantum

The ability to steal points is simply insane, the overall system is just strange for a sale challenge as it seems to ostracize more players then benefit.

some thoughts:

1) a few whales can buy tokens to significantly sway the results.
2) Valve can manipulate the token drop rate on a winning (or loosing team).
3) Vast majority of players who don't care, don't care.
4) Players that do care that are on teams that have not pulled away early loose "steam" and don't craft as aggressively
5) its too early to tell, but if purple wins today after this insane battle I don't think anyone will care other than other whales buying on to the purple team to further skew the result.

Go Red...

Watching the scoreboard makes me upset that I contributed eighteen fucking points to Green, hoping for an upturn.

AND I have no way of switching teams, lol. Am dumb.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Any way to cheaply level up a steam profile? I think the only passive way of doing it is by adding more games to your account, right?

Wait points can be stolen?

Any way to cheaply level up a steam profile? I think the only passive way of doing it is by adding more games to your account, right?
Yeah at the start of the sale I had like four pages of cards was level 9 (I think?), I put $10 in my wallet crafted a lot of badges I know have $12 in my wallet and I'm level 17.

Fun Summer Sale so far. The "team" concept is pretty neat! Finally found out what it was all about a few minutes ago. :-D Hope everyone else is enjoying their Summer Adventure!

Chariot

good morning. :D
G-good morning? :,D
I am awake since 7 hours, its afternoon in the magical land.

--

Also:
I just have thought how fitting Summer (Sale) Wars is for this. The 150 Million Miracles scene would be perfect for the last minutes of today. The purple shadow menace that beat almost everyone into submission, but as they nearing their completion the humans
which purple members obviously are not
bind together and even the Whales of pink and blue sending the extreme rare artefact to the reds. And together everyone screams "CRAFT!" and take purplse points.

bigace33

Man this war is pretty fun but steam needs to add more incentive than just some digital trinkets. man I've contributed 18 points today for the team red victory. *Crosses fingers for Dead Rising 3 off my wishlist*

The_Monk

Do I need to create an account to download any single file from Nexusmods or just bigger ones my good people? I'm sure I downloaded quite a few in the past but it's asking me to create an account for a 2MB file. I thought I had downloaded bigger files in the past.

How is Payday 2 for 5,59? I mean, I heard good things about it, but I'm way more interested in other titles.

If you have even ONE friend in your friends list that plays, Payday 2 is an amazing experience. Love it. For $5.99, it's pretty much a steal. And they've got three more DLC releasing later this year.

Its also difficult if you get crappy teams. Don't bother with the AI. I still have a blast whenever I play.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
But buying cards to level up is literally throwing money away.

At least buying games you get something out of it.

I guess the cheapest (after community ambassador) would be to trade the cards from some of your games for cards on other of your games - so you can complete badges for free that way

RedSwirl

Oh shit. I might have to re-buy BioShock 1 on Steam because my retail copy looks to be useless. The SecuROM activation server for the game is down and I can't reach the manual unlock site.

Grief.exe

They probably didn't know Valve would use their top three games, lots of people were asking here for example

maybe the didnt know about that. They propably thought it is either random or they can choose. they are propably biting in their table as we speak :D

I guess it would be a little ridiculous for Valve to add a custom UI to the client for picking games that only effects a few people.

Oh shit. I might have to re-buy BioShock 1 on Steam because my retail copy looks to be useless. The SecuROM activation server for the game is down and I can't reach the manual unlock site.

Been removed from the Steam version as well, so no problems there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom