• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some of these are silly, why request Papers, Please when it was $3?

I wonder if the Call of Duty wins were the same guy.

E8wtXdI.png

The phrasing on the Summer Sale FAQ page is was deceptively vague as it implies implied three games will be chosen at random. That winners will receive their top three items is was only mentioned in the wall of text that is the full T&Cs.

But buying cards to level up is literally throwing money away.

At least buying games you get something out of it.

Then use the money that's already been given to you to do it. These sales give people more reason than ever to buy cards from the marketplace, so if you've got cards in your inventory, sell those to beef up your Steam Wallet.

I haven't added anything to my Steam Wallet and crafted myself up at least three levels doing that.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I'm on Team Red and have crafted one badge today. Hope we win!

My haul so far:

myW5pZ9.jpg

Plus the Shadowrun Dragonfall DLC, and DLC for Dungeons of Dredmor and Payday 2.

liezryou

Oh shit. I might have to re-buy BioShock 1 on Steam because my retail copy looks to be useless. The SecuROM activation server for the game is down and I can't reach the manual unlock site.

If you contact the publisher, they should give you a steam key for it.

LProtag

Come on red!

I crafted the one badge I could craft from buying a few cards because I thought it'd net me 2 more cards so I'd make a little money.

Steam is more fun than stocks.

Oh shit. I might have to re-buy BioShock 1 on Steam because my retail copy looks to be useless. The SecuROM activation server for the game is down and I can't reach the manual unlock site.

lol I bought BioShock from Gamersgate assuming it was a Steam key I was buying. As I confirmed my purchase, I went on the description and saw "SecuROM" and thought, "Dafuq is that?" (I'm a newborn PC gamer).

So when I read up on all the bullshit about SecuROM and when my game wouldn't install because of activation problems, I wrote a complaint ticket on the site.

2 days go buy and I'd gotten no answer, so I went to their forum for help. They told me to temporarily disable my anti-virus then try the install, and it worked! But, when I go to my email, I finally get a response to the ticket telling me they'd refunded me! lol

I felt bad, so just deleted the game. I used up like 1 of the 3 activations anyway, so it was on a time limit (extreme DRM is dumb as shit).

devonodev

Does anyone have any recommendations for good, cheap local co-op games? Even competitive multiplayer would be fine, if it doesn't have to be online.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
btw wheres salsa who was so adamant in arguing wtih me when I said there was no chance Black Flag would get over 50% discount

stop hiding 3DS boy!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if Ghost will become a Daily, so that I can get Call of Duty 2 for -50% off. Maybe even -75%?

It was previously 50% off, so expect either 60% or 66% off (60% is typically skipped in favour of 66%, but this is Acti we're talking about).

Well this has basically ruined the sale for me:
You've recently funded your Steam Wallet using a new payment method. While the new funds are being verified, you'll be unable to use the Community Market. You can verify the funds now, or wait until the restriction is automatically removed on 27 June
Why not verify the funds then? Well it makes 2 pending payments. There is one problem, I can't see pending payments on my statement. I can deduce the total of the 2 but not what they are.

Piece of junk security (it was a "new" payment method because I don't store card details). Thing is it didn't care yesterday when I loaded the wallet.

cwmartin

Hows black flag at that price historically? Was looking to pick it up. I know the old adage is flash/daily's are the best deal, is $20 reasonably the cheapest ya'll expect?

jaina

I (blue team) would really like to craft some badges, but feel like it would be wasted before the next reset.

On the other hand, it's always "wasted" money and effort...

bigace33

Fools, I'm nearly tapped out. I've used up all my free steam card money crafting badges. Looks like I'm gonna have to go to Gamestop and get me a steam card to continue the fight. This little steam game is actually more fun than any game in my near 500 game steam catalog. lol Gonna craft 1 last badge before I'm officially tapped out. for this round. Go Red Raiders!

MarionCB

As an Australian, I'm used to being part of something that has little wide impact in a green, pink, blue sorta way. As a Red team member, I know the feeling of belonging to a Superpower.

:p

Ensirius

If you have even ONE friend in your friends list that plays, Payday 2 is an amazing experience. Love it. For $5.99, it's pretty much a steal. And they've got three more DLC releasing later this year.

Its also difficult if you get crappy teams. Don't bother with the AI. I still have a blast whenever I play.

Oh god I'm gonna have to buy it don't I

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It was previously 50% off, so expect either 60% or 66% off (60% is typically skipped in favour of 66%, but this is Acti we're talking about).

JaseC trying to be the new Salsa in being dead wrong

There is 0% chance that CoD: Doges gets more than 50%

Haunted

Fools, I'm nearly tapped out. I've used up all my free steam card money crafting badges. Looks like I'm gonna have to go to Gamestop and get me a steam card to continue the fight. This little steam game is actually more fun than any game in my near 500 game steam catalog. lol Gonna craft 1 last badge before I'm officially tapped out. for this round. Go Red Raiders!
Valve are officially masters of the metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom