• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hows black flag at that price historically? Was looking to pick it up. I know the old adage is flash/daily's are the best deal, is $20 reasonably the cheapest ya'll expect?

This is the cheapest it's been on Steam. It will be cheaper in future sales, but not during this year's summer sale.

phaze

And finally.. what's the number 1 rule of buying things during the summer sale that im totally not gonna follow cause im not reading this right now?

You should wait until the game is either a Daily, Flash, or Community Choice deal.

:lol This is my first steam sale and I was just about to plunge on Enslaved and the Last Remnant. I shall abide by that rule, thanks OP.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hows black flag at that price historically? Was looking to pick it up. I know the old adage is flash/daily's are the best deal, is $20 reasonably the cheapest ya'll expect?

The game was 67% off on Amazon back in April. If you're willing to roll the proverbial dice you can skip it for now in hope that Amazon will feature the game again in the near future (Steam keys are offered in addition to regular Uplay keys).

JaseC trying to be the new Salsa in being dead wrong

There is 0% chance that CoD: Doges gets more than 50%

Quoted for posterity. ;)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Despite the dailies rule I think I might pull the trigger on Ghostbusters on Wednesday at least, as I'm off to Glastonbury and away from Steam after that. Don't know why I want it so much, just remember it being quite respectful to the source material. I do also remember the last boss being so cheap and the AI being so terrible that I couldn't finish the game though.

JaseC

wait whut?! where?

Through traders. Games are generally significantly cheaper in Russia, although you have to be careful of regional restrictions (none of those three games are region-locked*, though).

* Divinity: Original Sin's regular edition is region-free but the CE is not.

Quick question - if a game was a daily deal which has now expired, is there a chance it'll go back down to that low price again (for example on last day of sale) or have I missed that extra few £££ off?

Oops. I've already spent £22 and I've yet to buy anything I was actually waiting for. I thought I'd gone through enough sales to be past the point of buying all the random stuff!

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Guys, just a heads up.

If you are lucky enough to win the top 3 games from your wishlist, keep in mind that they can only be games that are currently available for sale.

Didn't see that posted clearly in the rules, but it's being discussed in the Steam forums.

Guys, just a heads up.

If you are lucky enough to win the top 3 games from your wishlist, keep in mind that they can only be games that are currently available for sale.

Didn't see that posted clearly in the rules, but it's being discussed in the Steam forums.

Don't think thats true as the list Grief posted had Wolfenstein TNO in it, and thats not currently in the sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Quick question - if a game was a daily deal which has now expired, is there a chance it'll go back down to that low price again (for example on last day of sale) or have I missed that extra few £££ off?

yes theres multiple chances actually, can come back as a flash sale, a community vote, or in the last encore day

Don't think thats true as the list Grief posted had Wolfenstein TNO in it, and thats not currently in the sale.

he means for sale on steam

that you can buy

press a buy button

etc

Woffls

Pretty tempted by Grid 2. Downloading the demo now to see how well it runs...

Just found the option to output 5.1 from my PC rather than stereo. Windows really needs to consolidate its various control panelly option things.

REEDDDDDD! Got 3 games on my wishlist so that there's no ambiguity... just in case I win somehow. I'd rather 100 people got their top game, but whatever. Got Dark Souls II on there obvs.

Quantum

:lol This is my first steam sale and I was just about to plunge on Enslaved and the Last Remnant. I shall abide by that rule, thanks OP.

They are both 75% - I guess you could wait for the outside chance they hit 90??

but I initally waited for 75% at the last sale for enslaved and ended up having to get it off amazon..

that being said I love both those games (played both on console and double dipped on steam).

obviously you can wait as long as you pick them up, but if you are eager to play I don't think its the same as buying a new release at 20% off when there is a chance of a drop to 50%

legacyzero

Banned
Red team taking off, son!

iLlgRkaIcfn63.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oops. Still how does that work for Dead Rising 3? Or is that considered a special case with the whole being in the sale thing.

Edit: Never mind, being an idiot

why would it be a special case? you can buy it

games like Alien Isolation for example dont count, as you cant actually buy it yet

JaseC

Oops. Still how does that work for Dead Rising 3? Or is that considered a special case with the whole being in the sale thing.

Anything that's purchaseable is valid. Basically, Valve just doesn't want to (or in the case of licensed games, probably can't) award games that have been yanked from the store.

why would it be a special case? you can buy it

games like Alien Isolation for example dont count, as you cant actually buy it yet

Yeah, just saw your post above. I'm just posting before I'm actually thinking about it for more than 2 seconds :/

Anything that's purchaseable is valid. Basically, Valve just doesn't want to (or in the case of licensed games, probably can't) award games that have been yanked from the store.

So no Wheelman then ;)

Scythian

Oh, I was thinking if pre-orders didn't apply, but according to this, apparently you can!
Cause I have The Witcher 3 on there, just in case :v

Rhaknar

decided to actually play a mission in Space Hulk while idling for cards, kinda digged it. It helps that im a big Warhammer 40k fanboy tho

oti

Banned
I think I have spent €100 now.

In my defense, it's my first Steam sale ever. =p

That's ok. Now you have this huge backlog and instead of buying new games and look for new deals you'll play your old games so you'll save quite some mowho are we kidding here?

:)

Copons

Still getting the no sound bug on Risk of Rain.

On Steam Community devs said I should:

-Uninstall and reinstall Visual C++, included in the 'redist' folder or can be downloaded again at (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679)

-Restart your computer

-If running Windows 8, run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (right click -> Properties > Compatibility)

Now.
I did all three points with no success.
But I just don't know if I did the first right. Like, I uninstalled the two ROR redists I found in its folder, because I'm not going to uninstall every redist for every game I have.
But what if they actually meant I had to uninstall every single one of them? :O

Anyway, anyone got this bug and eventually solved it?

Quantum

I think I have spent €100 euroes now.

In my defense, it's my first Steam sale ever. =p

I don't think you need a defense. I converted from a primary console player to a primary PC player and even though I spend a bunch during these sales it still doesn't come close to the amount I spent during the prime years of the last generation.

(In fact its thousands less)

Pachimari

That's ok. Now you have this huge backlog and instead of buying new games and look for new deals you'll play your old games so you'll save quite some mowho are we kidding here?

:)
Yeah, I'm at €125 I think. And I only expected to put aside €50 euroes.

I'm also above 400 games in my backlog now. But I'm really looking forward to playing Devil May Cry 4 and maybe The Last Remnant which I got.

But those faceless girls in Assassins Creed 1 are creeping me out.

phaze

actually those 2 are probably safe bets since they are already 75%

its all about using common sense

Go ahead on Last Remnant, it's $2.50 and worth every penny.

They are both 75% - I guess you could wait for the outside chance they hit 90??

but I initally waited for 75% at the last sale for enslaved and ended up having to get it off amazon..

that being said I love both those games (played both on console and double dipped on steam).

obviously you can wait as long as you pick them up, but if you are eager to play I don't think its the same as buying a new release at 20% off when there is a chance of a drop to 50%

I see, thank ! Only now started paying attention to those percentages.

JaseC

Probably been asked before but do Dailies discounts ever go lower than Flash sales?
Tempted by Assassins Creed.

Yes, but only if there's a pricing error. Featured deal discounts are supposed to be identical regardless of the deal type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom