• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The card buying thing is different for the Sale cards than others? Never seen that screen before.

It is a new system they're phasing in. The Half-Life 2 trading cards also use the system. The positive to buyers is that it basically prevents robots from cheating the system by buying up anything cheap and reselling for a profit, the positive to sellers is that it probably has the impact of raising prices.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The card buying thing is different for the Sale cards than others? Never seen that screen before.

Valve's rolling out a new market interface for commodity items. At present it's only in place for HL2 cards and Summer Sale stuff.

Edit: Beaten.

oti

Banned
Yeah, I'm at €125 I think. And I only expected to put aside €50 euroes.

I'm also above 400 games in my backlog now. But I'm really looking forward to playing Devil May Cry 4 and maybe The Last Remnant which I got.

But those faceless girls in Assassins Creed 1 are creeping me out.

You tell me. :) It's my first Steam sale with a capable PC (800€). Buying Blood Dragon for <5€ and start playing a few minutes later is magical. I've got over 30 games on my wish list.

Nzyme32

Grid 1 vs Grid 2, any preferences? I've heard Grid 1 "feels more realistic" while 2 is basically arcadey.. is that the only real difference?

BruteUA

That's what you think, but we are actually playing it smart. We are going to wait till exactly 1 minute before the end of the day and then BOOM 20K stolen. GG WE WIN.

Funny, that said 10k a second ago. You better make it 70 just to be safe. Please, waste the tokens.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
community choice games will always be the lowest, right?

yes unless theres a price mistake or a publisher decides to be a dick and lowers it further later (which I only remember happening once, with saints row).

Parsnip

I too enjoyed the first Assassin's Creed for what it was at the time. Really liked the whole aspect of finding out information and planning the assassinations, I really hope they put more emphasis on that on the next game.
But as a setting Italy has been the best so far, hopefully France comes close to that.

edit: He said well after the conversation had ended.

Pachimari

You tell me. :) It's my first Steam sale with a capable PC (800€). Buying Blood Dragon for <5€ and start playing a few minutes later is magical. I've got over 30 games on my wish list.
I still got 250+ on my wish list but realize I won't get the most of then during the sales which is fine anyway.

I'm trying to get those I want the most this summer.

And building my own capable PC was the best decision ever yeah.

Copons

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if all us Steam thread habitual posters went over to some other thread like a PlayStation one, asking "Yo guys what's The Last Guardian release date?" or "But is PlayStation still a Sony brand?"

Scythian

I didn't realize that I could idle on my laptop and use my main PC normally, I even get the card notification, feels too convenient.
I'd play the game (AI War), but it's kinda too complicated for me right now, not in the mood.

Quantum

its a slippery slope. I started slowly but both the number of games I own and the number on my wishlist are growing at the same time at an increased rate.

combined with bundles it really becomes a problem. I think I've crossed over to collector because my 'backlog' has become too large to ever play and I will re-buy console versions because...

well just because I guess.

at least my wishlist just dipped below 100 again.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
If I log into Steam from a new computer, will it block me from making purchases? I know that it`ll block me from selling cards. I just got a new PC, and I want to make sure I can log into Steam without blocking me from participating in the summer sale.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if all us Steam thread habitual posters went over to some other thread like a PlayStation one, asking "Yo guys what's The Last Guardian release date?" or "But is PlayStation still a Sony brand?"
We'd all get banned, they have no sense of humor over there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is it as buggy and broken as they say?

err I dont know whats supposed to be buggy or broken about it, but like I said, I only played the very first mission. Reminds me of a board game (or a very slow xcom in right corridors if you will)

like I said, being a Warhammer fanboy helps

Pachimari

its a slippery slope. I started slowly but both the number of games I own and the number on my wishlist are growing at the same time at an increased rate.

combined with bundles it really becomes a problem. I think I've crossed over to collector because my 'backlog' has become too large to ever play and I will re-buy console versions because...

well just because I guess.

at least my wishlist just dipped below 100 again.
I'm also rebuying the console games on PC and selling my console versions. Only planning to have exclusives on my consoles now. :)

Rhaknar

You ever saw a room full in purple? It looks hideous in my opinion. Royal red is a way more pleasant color, don't you think?

yes yes its all fun and games until someone starts posting spoilers like yesterday. Ive said my piece, you do with it what you will

bigace33

Wow, these purple team guys are ruthless. They are actually spending the cash to steal points from us. I actually watched our little numbers go in reverse.

Raxious

Through traders. Games are generally significantly cheaper in Russia, although you have to be careful of regional restrictions (none of those three games are region-locked*, though).

* Divinity: Original Sin's regular edition is region-free but the CE is not.

Damnit, now I must seek these traders haha.

JaseC

I didn't realize that I could idle on my laptop and use my main PC normally, I even get the card notification, feels too convenient.
I'd play the game (AI War), but it's kinda too complicated for me right now, not in the mood.

Yeah, Steam began supporting concurrent log-ins back in January, when the in-home streaming beta kicked off.

JaseC

So instead of downloading a large game to idle for cards, someone can use this trick to launch an installed game but make Steam think it's another one in your library?

That would save a decent chunk of bandwidth, if true. :)

Precisely.

Rhaknar

Turfster, Space Hulk is of course part of the latest Humble Bundle weekly, before you have any steam trigger happy ideas

Deitus

Awww. Bioshock Infinite's on sale for 75% off, but the Season Pass is only 50%. I've heard good things about Burial at Sea, but for someone didn't really get into Infinite from a gameplay perspective (the story was alright, if a bit contrived and predictable), do you guys think the season pass is worth 10 bucks?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yo, if Team Blue somehow sneaks one past Team Green, the latter should just be eliminated from the Summer sale entirely. We still sleeping on the job and somehow moved outta last place ... like, what.

Turfster

err I dont know whats supposed to be buggy or broken about it, but like I said, I only played the very first mission. Reminds me of a board game (or a very slow xcom in right corridors if you will)

like I said, being a Warhammer fanboy helps

Well, it's a PC version of a WH40k board game, so ;)
RPS had some... trouble with it at launch.

Turfster, Space Hulk is of course part of the latest Humble Bundle weekly, before you have any steam trigger happy ideas

Oh, I know, I make the bundle announcements, remember? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom