• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Awww. Bioshock Infinite's on sale for 75% off, but the Season Pass is only 50%. I've heard good things about Burial at see, but for someone didn't really get into Infinite from a gameplay perspective (the story was alright, if a bit contrived and predictable), do you guys think the season pass is worth 10 bucks?

I liked the episodes, but do know that BIOSHOCK INFINITE ENDING SPOILERS
it ties the game even more into Bioshock 1, which might annoy you

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, it's a PC version of a WH40k board game, so ;)
RPS had some... trouble with it at launch.

oh it actually IS a board game? that makes so much sense then lol

and I dont value RPS nearly as much as most people do. It seems they get a pass just because they are PC-only (Im not saying they are wrong about Space Hulk, just that I dont take their word as gospel as some people seem to)

actually those 2 are probably safe bets since they are already 75%

its all about using common sense

Even so, it's still best to follow the rules because you still never ever know, and I've learned that as somebody who is completely new to this summer sale.

I've heard reports of 75%'s still going to flash or dailies for even less, and some with pricing errors.

My will power waned with PixelJunk Eden and Shooter, but I shall remain strong forever more from this point forward.

It's not like we don't have the last day to buy them all, and not like we don't have millions of games to go on with.

inm8num2

Precisely.

Awesome, well thanks for the heads up to you and Grief. Hopefully Valve doesn't mind! Actually you're saving them and yourself some bandwidth, and as long as this can't be used to cheat and idle for cards on games a person doesn't own, I can't imagine they'd mind.

Rhaknar

this thread has made me so angry that Ive regressed into listening to Britney Spears

I hope you are all happy

Scythian

What sucks about the Summer Adenture is that it creates a toxic environment where it should be fun to just "battle" it out without hard feelings, but I guess it gets corrupted when there are prizes to be had such as three games of your choice.
Let it be fun guys :3

Deitus

I think it's a bit of an overreaction; it feels cheap more than anything, but hey, that's why they're purchasable and not drops or something.

Well actually they are drops. It's just some people (smartly) chose to make a nice chunk of money by selling them rather than piss away their fortunes for an infinitesimally small chance of winning 3 free games.

BruteUA

I'd bet all the points I've earned
zero
that all of us talking the most smack haven't contributed a single point to the cause. Fight me IRL, bro!

zychi

Banned
Is it as buggy and broken as they say?

It's a community choice for 80% off.
It *might* go lower, but probably not.
Thanks, i bought it.
Now to wait out the lost planets, re revelations, mortal kombat trials fusion, transformers games and the r6 series.

Also, fuck activision and their shitty cod map pack sales. I want complete versions of almost a decade old game, but i'm not paying $11 for a map pack.

x Misogi

this morning ( around 5 AM) I saw green was in 2nd and had a chance.

Then I just checked and we're back to last.

Nigerian-Gary-Coleman-Struggle-Two-Step-Sigh-v2.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Awesome, well thanks for the heads up to you and Grief. Hopefully Valve doesn't mind! Actually you're saving them and yourself some bandwidth, and as long as this can't be used to cheat and idle for cards on games a person doesn't own, I can't imagine they'd mind.

Yeah, you can't use the trick to idle in games you don't own. If your account doesn't have the appropriate licence then your status simply won't change to In-Game.

Momentary

Banned
Some rich guy is actually spending money to do a mass reversal on points. Either you're loaded... stupid... or both to do something like that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't get how it works
so the appid in the .txt becomes the game you are idling for?

Yes.

so no matter what you need to have at least one game installed?

Yes, though just to be clear the trick only works if the game uses CEG/"Steam DRM" (which is the vast majority of Steam's catalogue).

wilflare

No, but understandably some people are iffy about using a third-party program that interfaces with Steam -- the app id trick is the perfect alternative.

question though if you put the appid of a game you don't own - what happens?
curious as to how Steam tracks

Yes, though just to be clear the trick only works if the game uses CEG/"Steam DRM" (which is the vast majority of Steam's catalogue).

CEG?

Rhaknar

Come on, don't do this to yourself.

Britney Spears - Phonography

go on, ask if games can get lower than the dailies again...

ask if you should buy that 25% off game now instead of waiting

go on, I got like 10 albums worth of Ms. Spears here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom