• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
That or some people on the team just don't care. For example, If by some chance I win (unlikely because I'm on team blue and I'm not crafting) but if I did win, my top 3 games are Goat Simulator, Banished, and Transistor because those are my actual top 3 games.

Now... would that include games that can't be bought at the moment. Like Arkham Knight?

I felt kind of bad when I used the consumption item I got from crafting a badge... though it would have been worse to sell it so someone could use it to possibly steal from my team >_>. I wonder how rare those 1000 point items are... I doubt I'll see one again.

Ryne

If the game has a 75%+ discount and is relatively cheap after the discount (under 7 bucks or so), I go ahead and buy it. Having it go to 90% or something in a daily is unlikely, and I am generally making the <$7 purchases with card money so it doesn't 'feel' like my money.

Everything else I'll wait until the last day, but I don't have any major purchases left that will go on discount this sale.

Yakkue

Britney Spears - Phonography

go on, ask if games can get lower than the dailies again...

ask if you should buy that 25% off game now instead of waiting

go on, I got like 10 albums worth of Ms. Spears here

5H9uxO5.gif

hohoXD123

How do I level up? And what are badges? Can prices drop lower than flash sales? What's a misprice? It's not a daily or anything, but should I buy COD now or wait?

Please, please, please go listen to some real music.

Blergh, purple rubberband engine strikes again.

Doesn't help that there are tokens to switch teams, etc. Just such stupidity. Cannot believe anyone who sank more than $5/£2.70 into this "competition".

I'd understand it a little more if EVERYONE on the team got 3 wishlist games. In fact, I believe that would have encouraged far more buying of these badges, etc. But to spend the money you could get multiple games for to be essentially a lottery player? Dumb as hell.

It is a new system they're phasing in. The Half-Life 2 trading cards also use the system. The positive to buyers is that it basically prevents robots from cheating the system by buying up anything cheap and reselling for a profit, the positive to sellers is that it probably has the impact of raising prices.
I think it could swing either one on that but the buy orders give sellers more choice, sell instantly for x or see if anyone bites at y rather than have to set y and hope somebody bits.

It turns the whole meta game into people buying points-stealing items. Lame
Is it any better when it is people buying trading cards to craft into badges? The points stealing items are deliberately powerful (when compared to other ways of getting points) which feels like something an economist would come up with (the only counterattack is points steal items of your own...which you either indirectly buy with badge crafting or directly buy from "losing"* teams)

*-These teams are the real winners. Honestly, on the 27th when my wallet/marketplace unlocks I'll probably sell my Summer cards and hopefully end with a balance above what I started with (but not as high as it could have been had the marketplace restriction not triggered oh well...).

inm8num2

Wow, all this time I couldn't idle for a few games because of the large download sizes, now the problem is fixed!

Thanks again, guys. I fucking love this thread - the best on GAF.

Best thing is for the game I'm using as my dummy, it gave an application load error but I'm still "in-game" with the intended game. Saves me system resources, too!

Anteater

but what is this color thing you guys are talking about doe

Umi88

Valve must be laughting at people actually buying the stealing points items from the market.. too much stealing from purple and red at the moment lol

Uthred

Pretty odd issue since the start of the sale, for some reason in Firefox Steam shows the market tab in Turkish and in Chrome it shows the market tab in Danish, anyone else having a similar issue? (Maybe its enhanced steam?)

Edit: Nevermind, sorted it out, back to the Queen's english

How is gamedev tycoon?

I like it a lot! Most prefer Game Dev Story, but unfortunately, that is only available for Android and iOS. I honestly prefer Game Dev Tycoon because it's on a PC, but if you're the type to play games on the go, then check Game Dev Story out instead. Hope this helps!

Best thing is for the game I'm using as my dummy, it gave an application load error but I'm still "in-game" with the intended game. Saves me system resources, too!
I noticed Bit.Trip games were doing this for me yesterday (fatal error dx9:failed to create fullscreen device).

I wish I had found out about that trick before nearly killing my Netbook with AI war.

Pretty odd issue since the start of the sale, for some reason in Firefox Steam shows the market tab in Turkish and in Chrome it shows the market tab in Danish, anyone else having a similar issue? (Maybe its enhanced steam?)
Happened to me with regular steam. There is a language change setting somewhere in the top-right I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom