• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

Constant C?

Millennium - A New Hope

It looks like people also find ways to replace the executables of games with notepad files, so that when they launch notepad opens instead (but they are still in-game for the game they launched). I suppose that's the inverse of this trick - install the actual game to idle, but save system resources.

I like the app_id trick better. ;)

BruteUA

Valve must be laughting at people actually buying the stealing points items from the market.. too much stealing from purple and red at the moment lol

I feel like every time they do something like this, they all sit around laughing hysterically for days. They can't believe that people spend so much money on this, and then they have an in-house competition to think up something even more absurd for the next event. And it works, brilliantly. I feel like my game purchases get subsidized so I'm totally ok with it all.

Spoilers for what?

Stump suggested we not continue to discuss it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spoilers for what?

Game of Thrones. it was quickly edited but still pissed off quite a few people. it just has no place in this thread is all, came out of nowhere

this is how you play la noire kids

254FD239194B09D13849EDF95AE0058024BEB4D8

hobz360

Yes but it will be the same price...so...get it now?

Yep, but it will have the same discount

It'll be the same price. This is the lowest it will go.

It's possible, but it's not a given.

Haha, alright, thanks fellas! I was hoping that if it was to become a daily deal, it'll be cheaper that way.... First Steam sale, so I'm a complete noob at this lol.....

Already bought:

Assassin's Creed Revelations
C&C 3: Tiberium Wars
C&C 3: Red Alert 3
The Last Remnant
The Withcer: Enhanced Edition
The Withcer 2: Enhanced Edition

mileS

Is the Burial at Sea Bioshock DLC worth 9.99?

I know this doesn't help very much but it depends on how much you enjoyed the main game. Both episodes are rather short. Without spoiling anything I will say I enjoyed the first episode way more. The second one I can barely remember for some reason, very forgettable. Also the second one's length was kind of padded with some pretty meh stealth action.

If you loved the main game, and have some nostalgia for the first Bioshock, I'm sure you'll love the first episode. It just comes down to the price really. Is 3-4 hours enough for you?

seriously... it's pretty embarrassing how well it's working

you know what would be really fun?

If it was a psychological experiment to see how people respond to randomized changed in bars.

(and there is no correlation between individual 'scores' and the 'aggregate' )

(since basically this whole thing is a loyalty program anyway)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You mentioned her and I started listening on spotify. I hope you're happy.

ive now swtiched to music from 80s movies

HIghwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to the...DANGER ZONE

Deitus

Haha, alright, thanks fellas! I was hoping that if it was to become a daily deal, it'll be cheaper that way.... First Steam sale, so I'm a complete noob at this lol.....

Nope. Dailies, Flash Sales, and Community Choice are all always priced the same. The only exceptions are pricing errors, and those are usually fixed within minutes.

Here's a handy chart (from the OP) to help you know when to buy:

Derp

Just played about 4 hours of Bioshock (thanks to Chariot!).

The atmosphere in this game is just..... Just... Wow... And those sounds.

I'm a huge pussy when it comes to "horror" games, so i got jump-scared quite a bit. And i was pretty much scared / stunned(at the beauty) the entire time. But DAMN the place is creepy. Whoever thought of the concept is a bloody genius in my books. In my honest opinion, regardless of whether you like this game or not you have to appreciate what they've done.

I did just find out it doesn't run well on Windows 8 (which explains the random glitching / stuttering / crashing). But wow, what a game.

Now if you will excuse me, i need to get those old-lady voices out of my head. Might make a start on Blood Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom