• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

Happy Birthday Crayons!! Hope you have a good one. Also hope the new daily/flash/community sales include some stuff you want. Enjoy!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant force myself to pull the trigger on Original Sin, even with keys. Just too much this early in the sale, and im already way lower than I expected

Winter Sale it is

r3n4ud

Officially graduated.
Time to celebrate by racking up debt on Steam!!

Congrats! Time to get fucking drunk and buy every game in sight ;)

cant force myself to pull the trigger on Original Sin, even with keys. Just too much this early in the sale, and im already way lower than I expected

Winter Sale it is

wBfexXq.gif

Bobby_Sullivan

Neo Member
So far, I've gotten Marlow Briggs.

I have $20 to work with so I'm being really cautious in order to buy all or the majority of the games on my wishlist.

decaf

If anyone's interested in splitting a Payday 2 4-pack with me I'm happy to send PayPal money! Down for DLC too; don't mind either way. PM me!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is red team really gonna pull this off? Can the purple menace finally be taken down?

Also for whoever doesn't have it, Payday 2 is fantastic. I got it last year (thanks to an awesome gaffer!) and really enjoyed it. We should get some co-op lobbies going this weekend.

Any opinions on Warlock or Warlock 2?

Hella fun. Like a less serious, and simplified take on Civilization, with a focus more on the combat side of things, but using crazy fantasy armies instead of historical figures. Warlock 2 makes you more "nomadic" rather than building a huge empire, but both are pretty fun.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
TEAM RED RISING FROM THE ASHES LIKE THE GLORIOUS PHOENIX WE ARE

Linkyn

So I'm thinking about getting TWD Season 2. I liked season 1 on the first playthrough, but found it pretty insufferable once I realised that my decisions did in fact have virtually no impact. Is season 2 any better in this regard (and in terms of the technical issues like loading in-between frames) or is it more or less the same game with a different story?

Edit: Also, is the season complete by now or are we still waiting for a few episodes?

Jacqli

A new computer on the way and then this, just perfect. These could be considered my first summer sales because I have been using a laptop (not especially a good one) and now I want to try out that PC master race. :)

FrsDvl

This is the first Steam sale i'm not participating in, and it doesn't feel right. My girlfriend says i'm not allowed cause we're broke and need groceries :(

I'm not even logging into steam. Responsibilities suck, but i'll be prepared come winter sale!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Man I really want Assassins Creed but I don't think I'll bite at 19.99. Gonna wait for the winter sale.

500k Team Red!

Feel bad for people who bought swap tokens for purple at $40-50 thinking they were guranteed a win since everyone thought that was where the money was.

Hella fun. Like a less serious, and simplified take on Civilization, with a focus more on the combat side of things, but using crazy fantasy armies instead of historical figures. Warlock 2 makes you more "nomadic" rather than building a huge empire, but both are pretty fun.

Cool, I'll pick up the first one now and grab the second during the winter sale.

Momentary

Banned
I've adjusted my top 3. Had to get Batman and Alien Isolation up there. I was going to put Divinity in third position, but CoD: AW is 60 bucks... so I put that in 3rd position. I've got Divinity and DR3 for back ups in case Batman and Alien can't be won due to not being available for purchase yet.

Edit: Thanks to Halo 2 for the avatar update.

Is the AC4 Season Pass worthwhile vs. buying Freedom Cry alone?
I see something about a "Kraken ship pack" that's exclusive to it and it being a 3+ hour single player piece of content...

Who the hell will buy an outdated version of BB

Where else are you going to play Blazblue on PC?
Also, story mode.

Sure, you can't use it to prep yourself for EVO, but you can still play and learn characters overall playstyle and moveset.

I never played XCOM and i want to start getting into the series.

Which game should i buy? (I like turn based games better than real time, i like both genres overall)

I'm a level 7 on Steam and I need 4XP to get to level 8. How do I get 4XP?

Sorry again for the noob question.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm reading through the whole FAQ's now.

liezryou

I've adjusted my top 3. Had to get Batman and Alien Isolation up there. I was going to put Divinity in third position, but CoD: AW is 60 bucks... so I put that in 3rd position. I've got Divinity and DR3 for back ups in case Batman and Alien can't be won due to not being available for purchase yet.

You can't get any games that are currently not purchasable.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Are there any big game bundles on steam that someone considers must have ?

Must haves are pretty much against the philosophy of PC gaming, which is more like "there's something for everyone, and you dig around to find the thing that's for you!" but I think a lot of people would recommend the Valve or iD complete packs. Not sure what they're on sale for right now if at all.

mileS

Put my support in for Red team. Got 10 points today. It's looking good so far, but I wouldn't put it past that slimy Purple team just yet... I could see them saving a mass amount of points for the last 30min.

Zomba13

You know, I don't hate you Purple and Red teams. I'm just jealous and disappointed in my fellow Pinks.

C'mon guys. Buy stuff. I'm poor so I've got my excuse. I'm just making badges and selling cards to make badges. I'm trying my best guys ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom