• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me but nothing on sale so far outside of Stick of Truth has really called to me. Maybe I've reached a point where Steam Sales don't give me a rager anymore.

edit: don't know if i should jump in on walking dead season 2. Anybody think it has a chance of being a better deal on a flash sale or community's choice?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Are there any big game bundles on steam that someone considers must have ?

The Valve Complete pack's a good deal if you don't have any of the games but if you've used Steam for awhile, pretty much all of Valve's games have been dirt cheap or even free over the last couple years.

It ain't over till it's over.

Oh i know. Should have been clearer. I said guaranteed win. Entirely possibly for a massive trade of stealing between purple and red to put purple back in the hunt but still paying the money for the switch and only to have a one in two chance of a win, and then again a massively small chance of winning the wishlist... It would hurt.

bigace33

What sucks about the Summer Adenture is that it creates a toxic environment where it should be fun to just "battle" it out without hard feelings, but I guess it gets corrupted when there are prizes to be had such as three games of your choice.
Let it be fun guys :3

Man, free copies of the Witcher 3 and Deadrising 3 are on the line. This is beyond fun at this point, this is war. B^P

Lain

cant force myself to pull the trigger on Original Sin, even with keys. Just too much this early in the sale, and im already way lower than I expected

Winter Sale it is

I'll say that, while I sorta regret throwing that kind of money on it instead of waiting better future discounts, especially because I'm gonna wait until the 30 to properly play, that hour I played was really interesting.
I don't know, removing some poisonous gas by casting a fire spell on it feels great, as well as killing yourself because you've set some poison gas on fire instead of closing the valve.

Turfster

cant force myself to pull the trigger on Original Sin, even with keys. Just too much this early in the sale, and im already way lower than I expected
I'd want to, but it's just too expensive at the moment, and since I missed out on all the giveaways and raffles, guess it's not happening. =p

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I never played XCOM and i want to start getting into the series.

Which game should i buy? (I like turn based games better than real time, i like both genres overall)

Enemy Unknown is fantastic. I haven't played The Bureau, but it's $1 if you buy the other.

I'm a level 7 on Steam and I need 4XP to get to level 8. How do I get 4XP?

Sorry again for the noob question.

Crafting a badge will get you there. Not sure if there's an easier way.

Copons

Civ V is 14.99 @ 50% off, wait or worth it at 15?

Randomly quoting the first 50 pages of this thread.
I'm gonna repost this to every single question about prices I read.

And finally.. what's the number 1 rule of buying things during the summer sale that im totally not gonna follow cause im not reading this right now?

You should wait until the game is either a Daily, Flash, or Community Choice deal.
[/indent]

It will almost definitely go on sale. Just wait IMO.

If it goes on daily/flash deal it'll be cheaper. You should wait the whole sale to see if it does, if it doesn't..buy it on the last day.

Only buy daily deals, flash deals or community deals. If the game should never appear in those then buy on the very last day. It's like THE only rule to remember.

wait for the daily!

READ THE FIRST POST OF THE TREAD PEOPLE

PLS

awh yeah

non OP readin already starting

If a game is on sale ususally the whole franchise is cheaper. So Witcher 2 is a daily -> The Witcher is also discounted. You can see it on the store page where it says "Daily Deal: Ends in ..."

It could potentially go to 80% or even 90%. Always wait.

It's highly unlikely, but there's a slight chance it could happen.

Best bet is to hold off on buying it unless you really want it right away.

Just wait till the very last day of the sale. Just in case. First rule in steamsale's; never hurry.

Unless the game you're interested in is called Divinity: Original Sin. In which case I say Meep-meep! and well done, good sir/milady!

Is it worth $2.49 to you? Would you be upset if it ends up being cheaper down the line? Do you want to play it before the sale ends?

h-h ho- hold!

wait for 75%

There's the possibility it'll hit 80%/85% off as a featured deal, but you're looking at a "loss" of $2 at the most, so if you're chomping at the bit to play it now I'd jump in.

It would've gone for cheaper.

Mostly everything is usually on sale. It's just Flash Sales / Daily Deals brings an even greater discount.

That is why it's recommended to wait for a Daily Deal / Flash Sale. The game will get the cheapest at that time period only.

IF you are still interested in the game by the end of the sale buy it, generally it's best advice for the daily / flash offer to maximize your savings.

Is it a Daily, Community Choice, or Flash Sale?
If not, wait. That's the golden rule of Steam sales.

In Dark Souls page, does it say DAILY DEAL? Or FLASH SALE? Or COMMUNITY CHOICE?

also read the OP or any even post really

why would you buy a 50% off game that is not a daily

that's some fucked up headache

Wait, it's probably going to be either a daily or a flash sale.

You ALWAYS wait till the last day or two before buying a non-daily or non-flash. If whatever you're interested in doesn't show up before the best-of sales then it's safe to buy at that time.

Yes. Outside of a price mistake, if a game appears in the daily/flash/community deals, then that's usually the cheapest it'll be in the entire sale.

You already know the answer.

Wait. Always always always WAIT.

ALWAYS wait for a potential flash or daily.

I dedicate this to sweet prince Rhaknar

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Must haves are pretty much against the philosophy of PC gaming, which is more like "there's something for everyone, and you dig around to find the thing that's for you!" but I think a lot of people would recommend the Valve or iD complete packs. Not sure what they're on sale for right now if at all.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18397/
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/434/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2210/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208200/

(iD titles, collected and stragglers since they removed the iD pack)

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/29197/

(Valve)

Dario ff

Banned
I take my leave for today Red Team, so to quote myself from yesterday.
Today we forfeit. Tomorrow we strike.
52vfnVr.png

Purple's getting really mean with those stealing tokens tho. A much more exciting race than yesterday!

Zoibie

The Walking Dead for £9.49 is realllllly tempting but I know it'll get cheaper once all the episodes are out. Gonna hold out for Wolf Among Us instead, that I can't wait for.

Tacitus_

Has DLC gone on daily deals before? Thinking of grabbing the Enemy Within expansion for XCOM since the main game is on the final hours of its daily deal.

also I don't understand any of this team bullshit going on

Kiru

I got it for free a while back for completing a survey i a website that i dont recall at the moment.
I like it, totally worth the lucky chance i got.
I say wait, there is no hurry.
GMG Promotion for Golden Joysticks 2013. Mafia II & Civ 5 were free back then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has DLC gone on daily deals before? Thinking of grabbing the Enemy Within expansion for XCOM since the main game is on the final hours of its daily deal.

It's not unheard of for DLC to be a featured deal, but it's generally discounted alongside the base game.

I am thinking of buying Pink, Blue and Green tokens, as I am sure I will be able to sell them with 100% profit in the next couple of days.

My inner self resists, because I know that the initial transaction is a genuinely stupid move.

KarmaCow

If the main game goes on sale, usually the DLC will get a similar discount. If you're waiting on a daily deal on just Enemy Within, it (probably) wont happen. This is as good as it gets for the next 90 minutes when the XCOM deal runs out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is the AC4 Season Pass worthwhile vs. buying Freedom Cry alone?
I see something about a "Kraken ship pack" that's exclusive to it and it being a 3+ hour single player piece of content...

Where else are you going to play Blazblue on PC?
Also, story mode.

Sure, you can't use it to prep yourself for EVO, but you can still play and learn characters overall playstyle and moveset.
1. It's the only BB on PC.
2. Comes with 2 CD soundtrack
3. It'll be on sale for 4,50 Euro if it gets selected
4. You get 5 card drops from it and all the cards are worth like 30-40 cents right now.

Isn't the next version out in PC as an arcade build?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
1. It's the only BB on PC.

Which doesn't exclude the fact it's EXTREMELY outdated.

If you want Arc System Works and outdated, just get GG:XX:TMC:#Reload off Good Old Games. At least there you have a reason to buy a decade old title: It'll run on a toaster nearly.

BruteUA

Put my support in for Red team. Got 10 points today. It's looking good so far, but I wouldn't put it past that slimy Purple team just yet... I could see them saving a mass amount of points for the last 30min.

As a Capitals fan viewing your avatar, it brings me great amusement to see you on Team Red.

VW2jhXX.jpg

JaseC, question for you, almighty Steam sage.

Is the "Betrayal of Jimmy" DLC (only available in eastern Europe) region-bound? If I can get someone to gift it to me, I will be able to play it without problems, and in English, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom