• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has DLC gone on daily deals before? Thinking of grabbing the Enemy Within expansion for XCOM since the main game is on the final hours of its daily deal.

also I don't understand any of this team bullshit going on

I've never seen DLC go on sale by itself but often I see DLC go on sale with the main game's flash sale.

MikeDown

Banned
Not that I care much for Back to the Future, it had a memorable score. What happened to movie/game scores? It mostly now consists of the pounding of drums and the Hans Zimmer-esk "wub, wub,wub" with the occasional chord. Person who does the percussion tracks right is Bear McCreary.

As for a Steam Sale soundtrack?
Purple's Theme
Red's Theme
Pink's Theme
Blue's Theme
Green's Theme
(Prolly NSFW)

ArjanN

Which doesn't exclude the fact it's EXTREMELY outdated.

If you want Arc System Works and outdated, just get GG:XX:TMC:#Reload off Good Old Games. At least there you have a reason to buy a decade old title: It'll run on a toaster nearly.

My point was more that it'll essentially be 2 bucks if you sell the card drops, which is probably worth it for the soundtrack and goofing around with the story-mode.
And all these fighting games run on a toaster.

I hate that the games I want to buy for sure don't come the first day, so I have to pass some sales of games I would have bought, because otherwise I might not have enought money for the games I really want

JaseC, question for you, almighty Steam sage.

Is the "Betrayal of Jimmy" DLC (only available in eastern Europe) region-bound? If I can get someone to gift it to me, I will be able to play it without problems, and in English, yes?

This is correct. I bought it through a trader when Mafia 2 was a weekly/daily in the last few weeks. You just can't BUY it in the stores in other regions, but it should work with all regions main game (except maybe Japan, but don't quote me on that part). I know it's fine for NA.

I've never seen DLC go on sale by itself but often I see DLC go on sale with the main game's flash sale.

It won't. DLC gets discounted when the franchise is selected for a flash or daily.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC, question for you, almighty Steam sage.

Is the "Betrayal of Jimmy" DLC (only available in eastern Europe) region-bound? If I can get someone to gift it to me, I will be able to play it without problems, and in English, yes?

It's region-free, yeah, and the store page says English is supported.

It seems ridiculous to put $30 towards a small percentage chance of winning three games when you could have put that money towards the games in the first place.

Can't see purple coming back from an almost 20,000 point deficit unless they magically come up with using 20, 1000 steal point tokens at once (entirely possible but surely people are not that desperate).

Right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And all these fighting games run on a toaster.

Definitely not Street Fighter 4. Unless you turn backgrounds off, anyway.

My point was more that it'll essentially be 2 bucks if you sell the card drops,

If, if no one buys your cards it's still more than $2. It's honestly not worth it since CT's gameplay has been altered in CS (which was then altered by CP). Whereas GG:XX's gameplay doesn't really change outside of adding a 1-3 new characters per rebalance.

Though granted they added that gold barrier late balance/^Core.

liezryou

Can't see purple coming back from an almost 20,000 point deficit unless they magically come up with using 20, 1000 steal point tokens at once (entirely possible but surely people are not that desperate).

Right?

Actually we would only need 10x1000 steal points. Math son, math.

It's region-free, yeah, and the store page says English is supported.

YOU!

Help me understand the quagmire of AC4 DLC -- if I buy the season pass, what other stuff should I consider? I've eliminated the stuff I could figure out were just unlocks and MP stuff.

Questions:
Guild of Rogues -- Is this MP skins like the Blackbeard pack? Or does it have something to do with single player?

Death Vessel | Crusader & Florentine -- these are cosmetic DLC like horse armor for your ship, right?

Illustrious Pirates pack -- seems to be single player content, correct?

Anyone play Assassin's Creed Liberation HD?

Worth $10? Never played the Vita version.

I liked the Vita game -- there was a good mix of the swamp and the town and the fact that there were different "classes" you could use for different strategies was pretty cool.
I thought the story was pretty good too and I liked Aveline.

I have it on my wishlist for double dipping, however, I'm not sure $10 is cheap enough since I already own the Vita version and don't plan on playing through it again anytime soon.

Khronico

I would earn some points for red team but there's literally nothing on sale that interests me right now and I don't want to craft badges.

Right?

Dude, there were multiple people who had leveled the Summer Sale badge up to level 99 or 150 within hours of the sale beginning. Ditto for the foil badge. Common sense and logic has NOTHING to do with the people who play Steam itself like a game.

Eanan

Is it safe to giveaway a game here to people, but the game is part of a four pack, so they would need to return the other three?

Id just be worried that the winner might run off into the sunset with the other three :p

Cheddahz

Banned
Is it safe to giveaway a game here to people, but the game is part of a four pack, so they would need to return the other three?

Id just be worried that the winner might run off into the sunset with the other three :p

Why don't you just unpack the 4 pack first?

Halo 2

Banned
Being on Green Team sucks. :(

Damn you red!

WWsteamsale.jpg

Vuze

Assassins Creed Blood Cry or Assassins Creed III? I'm not buying both. Or should I just get Assassins Creed II?

Just playing through AC2, I like it faaar more than AC3 (I think that's also the general consensus). Haven't played the AC4 DLC tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom