• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe to giveaway a game here to people, but the game is part of a four pack, so they would need to return the other three?

Id just be worried that the winner might run off into the sunset with the other three :p

I am an honest and trusty person.
You can count on me.

pahamrick

Is it safe to giveaway a game here to people, but the game is part of a four pack, so they would need to return the other three?

Id just be worried that the winner might run off into the sunset with the other three :p

If you can't unpack it yourself, can always try and find someone reliable to unpack and send the three back to you.

FaintDeftone

Not that I care much for Back to the Future, it had a memorable score. What happened to movie/game scores? It mostly now consists of the pounding of drums and the Hans Zimmer-esk "wub, wub,wub" with the occasional chord. Person who does the percussion tracks right is Bear McCreary.

As for a Steam Sale soundtrack?
Purple's Theme
Red's Theme
Pink's Theme
Blue's Theme
Green's Theme
(Prolly NSFW)

Since I'm on the Green team I clicked on that link out of curiosity. That song has never done anything for me but my god that video is awesome!

Defect

Unpack it. I can play with you if you gift one to me :p

RedSwirl

If you contact the publisher, they should give you a steam key for it.

Well shit. Just bought a Steam copy.

Now I can't figure out how to uninstall the retail version. It doesn't show up in "Programs and Features" and there's no uninstall shortcut in the Start Menu.

RS4-

which game, i'll leave you collateral for it :eek:

Depends.

If you're using modbot, you could use the following flags to help ensure you get a person who isn't likely to do that:

NOLURKERS
GIVERSONLY or MEGAGIVERSONLY
BLACKLIST

And depending on how you feel about juniors, you could also do NOJUNIORS.

Just playing through AC2, I like it faaar more than AC3 (I think that's also the general consensus). Haven't played the AC4 DLC tho.

AC2 is one of the best in the series. I also enjoyed 3 a lot too. If you've never played any of them I'd recommend 2.

AC2 has a few decent aspects, but for the most part, I would be inclined to tell people to try anything else in the series unless they're looking for GTA: Renaissance.

rtcn63

so it's like
Adventure Time
?

spoilers_sweetie.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
YOU!

Help me understand the quagmire of AC4 DLC -- if I buy the season pass, what other stuff should I consider? I've eliminated the stuff I could figure out were just unlocks and MP stuff.

Freedom Cry is the only noteworthy piece of DLC... well, there's also the Aveline (LibHD) DLC, but it isn't available separately and is instead a DDE incentive.

gblues

Banned
Nothing like a Steam Sale to give me an excuse to liquidate my cards.

Haven't bought anything yet, but I've made just over $10 selling them all off. Now I have to decide what to buy.

Nothing like a Steam Sale to give me an excuse to liquidate my cards.

Haven't bought anything yet, but I've made just over $10 selling them all off. Now I have to decide what to buy.

You know you are like a dealer supplying crack to those purples and reds right?

Anyone wanna bet how long it will take Valve's wonderful support staff to even respond to my ticket regarding how they unjustly revoked my market privileges for a week?

Speaking of fighting games, Is Injustice for the pC broken in some unseen way? I have the game for the ps3 and combo that are easy to pull off on the ps3 are near impossible for me to do on the pc. Could be the Xbox 360 pad vs the ps3 pad but I don't think that should make a huge difference.

bigace33

AC2 is one of the best in the series. I also enjoyed 3 a lot too. If you've never played any of them I'd recommend 2.

I guess I'll go with 2 and hope 3 goes back on sale at some point. I really like the little I played of 4 so it kind of makes me want to go back and try out the entire series. Maybe skipping out on 1 of course.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speaking of fighting games, Is Injustice for the pC broken in some unseen way? I have the game for the ps3 and combo that are easy to pull off on the ps3 are near impossible for me to do on the pc. Could be the Xbox 360 pad vs the ps3 pad but I don't think that should make a huge difference.

360 D-pad is a hunk of shit.

Wrapper the DS3 as a 360. Play it that way.

I just woke up. Everyone voted for Arcade - Fighter right?

I need like 2 of those games.

I did... I'm considering picking up 1 or 2 of them to giveaway if I'm feeling generous.

Seems fine to me once I got it running at a constant 60fps.
If you're noticing any slowdown, that's your problem.
Also why don't you use your DS3 on your PC?

I guess I'll go with 2 and hope 3 goes back on sale at some point. I really like the little I played of 4 so it kind of makes me want to go back and try out the entire series. Maybe skipping out on 1 of course.

Ihavemadeahugemistake.gif

Hope you like it, but if you end up in line with JaseC or I, it's not the best game in the series. (JaseC, I'm paraphrasing based on our shared opinion of AC1.)

Couldn't resist. Picked up Payday 2 and DLC even though i didn;t like the first one too much...

Also battle for bottom is much more interesting then battle for last atm..Blue is so close...

Edit: LOL people stealing off Blue... Really?

Alright, so if I get Payday 2, would anyone want to play with a guy from the eastern U.S.?

I think that's what burned me on the first payday, once the community died off, I had no regulars to play with, and offline is awful.

I had that happen last sale (which killed my hopes and dreams) They responded quickly but it didn't change anything.

Yeah, but was it your fault or their fault that you got privileges revoked. Currently I'm in time out because I cancelled a pre-order and VALVE FUNDED MY STEAM WALLET.

Thus I cannot even "manually" verify the "card" that's causing the time out.

My ticket has been open for over 12 hours at this point.

Still better than one.

I don't know about that, since I haven't played 3, but AC > AC2. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom