• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

I'm only missing Summer Adventure Card 7 for me to be able to make a summer adventure badge for team red.
have a spare Summer Adventure Card 5 for trade if you want to support team red.

Should I save the crafting for tomorrow or try and get extra points for today?
Will purple strike back in the last minutes?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
bought Rage in the sale - with all the streaming of textures etc will it really benefit from me installing it on my SSD instead of my normal HDD? Only have 63GB of space left and I don't want to fill it completely up (240GB SSD)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does contributing more points increase the chance of winning the lottery?

No, it's entirely random

Winners: Sponsor will select thirty (30) winners by random drawing from the point-scoring members of the winning team for each of the ten (10) days. Drawings will be held within 24 hours from the end of each period.

Really? I'm a Junior and already giveaway 2 games here.
Juniors will always be part of the community, you gotta love them. <3

#TeamPink

I didn't say I personally had anything against juniors, ser.
Just that if the giver was looking for options to limit the pool of people to "trustworthy" members of GAF, that it might be an option for him. :p

Nabs

How is the online community for MK and SSIV for PC? I picked up regular SFIV a while ago on a sale and was always playing the same person online lol.

SSFIV has plenty of people playing. MK has a crappy online setup, so I don't think you'll be playing that against randoms. I do get a few MK matches a week with friends, but that's where it ends.

I remember buying DLCs of Killing Floor at 0.49 $ and even 0.25$ at sale times. Now every DLC is at 3.99 $ original price 7.99$ (same dlcs used to be 1.99$)????? WTF happened to them ? Are they becoming nuts?

I own Grid 2, if I buy Grid 2: Reloaded Edition will I just get the DLC or will it have a separate Steam entry ala Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut?

Eanan

Really? I'm a Junior and already giveaway 2 games here.
Juniors will always be part of the community, you gotta love them. <3

#TeamPink

No nothing against juniors, but as corrosivefrost said, I was looking opinions on how to limit the chance of a winner not returning the other copies.

Aizo

Banned
Does anyone think Deadly Premonition will drop below 75% off?

I really hope Transistor gets a nice sale... I'd really like to pick up that and Nighogg most right now. I'd also pick up Dishonored for 80% off, I think.

JaseC

I own Grid 2, if I buy Grid 2: Reloaded Edition will I just get the DLC or will it have a separate Steam entry ala Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut?

The Reloaded Edition is just a Steam bundle containing the game + DLC, not a separate app in itself.

How is the online community for MK and SSIV for PC? I picked up regular SFIV a while ago on a sale and was always playing the same person online lol.

AE has a pretty good community, especially now that it's been converted to use Steamworks. If you're going to sign on, you're probably going to want to consider the USF4 upgrade DLC, as the community will probably move forward to that version when it's released 8/3.

so blue team sucks

Yes.

I'm red, my wife is purple. There's currently some tension in our house.

Hahaha, this is awesome.
Sometimes it's good that your significant other doesn't share your love for gaming, I guess. ;)

SSFIV has plenty of people playing. MK has a crappy online setup, so I don't think you'll be playing that against randoms. I do get a few MK matches a week with friends, but that's where it ends.

Sounds about right. MK9 is still worth it for the story mode and challenge tower alone though.

No, it's entirely random

STOP IGNORING ME! :p

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
How do I make it so remote downloads from the phone app install on my D: drive? Any way to set this as default? Otherwise remote downloading is completely useless.

Copons

I'm kinda on the fence about buying the AC set in Rome, as I'm from Rome and I'd dig seeing how French (or whatever) peeps think about reinassance Rome, but then I remember playing 10 minutes of the first AC and getting so bored I would have killed myself just to feel some emotions again.

Anteater

Played a bit Call of Juarez Gunslinger and Papers, please, enjoying them quite a bit, CoJ is pretty arcadey and I enjoy that, not sure if it will get repetitive but we'll see!

I got a bad ending in Papers, please after an hour of playing, and I thought it was pretty engaging in a weird way, I kind of wish there isn't a timer thing, hope I'll do better now I'm more familiar with it.

Chariot

atleast red beat purple
It's not only a win for the red team. It's a win for all of humanity.

ibvRBDEnAuAPJt.gif

I'm kinda on the fence about buying the AC set in Rome, as I'm from Rome and I'd dig seeing how French (or whatever) peeps think about reinassance Rome, but then I remember playing 10 minutes of the first AC and getting so bored I would have killed myself just to feel some emotions again.

Jase is a robot confirmed?
I liked all the AC games except 3

~Kinggi~

Banned
Does the AC3 season pass give you access to all 3 parts of the Tyranny of Washington DLC? If you were to buy those parts individually it is a lot more than getting a season pass at 7.49 which is 75% off as opposed to 50-40%

JaseC

How do I make it so remote downloads from the phone app install on my D: drive? Any way to set this as default? Otherwise remote downloading is completely useless.

You can't. Remote downloads install to the default library folder.

Does the AC3 season pass give you access to all 3 parts of the Tyranny of Washington DLC? If you were to buy those parts individually it is a lot more than getting a season pass at 7.49 which is 75% off as opposed to 50-40%

Yes.

denx

Debating if I should get the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass. I really want to get it but it would destroy a third of my budget. Mmmhhm.

pahamrick

Yeah, it does. I got the AC3 deluxe edition a few weeks ago which comes with the season pass, and it had all 3 parts.

rtcn63

Winter sale, I hope they change it from colors to numbers, specifically 6, 7, 8, 9. And preferably that during it, 7 will defeat 9, with 6 tailing both, but never gaining enough momentum to pass.

Copons

Until now I thought it was 3 chinese guys taking 8 hours shifts.

lol

This remind me of a Chinese farmer who was the main DPS of my WOW guild, even tho he didn't speak a single word of any understandable language this side of Ural Mountains.
Happy times. PC was so funny back then.

MBison

I bought a hard copy of AC3 and haven't installed it yet. I assume I can link it to steam enough so I can purchase the season pass dlc on steam and play it?

JaseC

I bought a hard copy of AC3 and haven't installed it yet. I assume I can link it to steam enough so I can purchase the season pass dlc on steam and play it?

Purchasing DLC on Steam requires that you own the base game on Steam and Uplay keys aren't Steam-friendly, nor will Ubisoft be willing to give you a Steam key.

bigace33

Wow, steam won't even let me buy AC Blood cry because I don't have the base game on steam. I own it on Uplay though. Stinks that I'm gonna miss that great price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom