• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantum

is red the new purple now? or is purple the new red?

I helped more yesterday than today with crafting and lost.

did minimal today and in the lead.

Go Red.

The last genuinely funny Steam sale was from a couple of years ago, when people were all playing their unplayed games, unlocking achievements, and generally having fun.

The last two (this one included) have pitted gamer vs gamer, with money for bullets.

MikeDown

Banned
The day is our's to lose!
pp2-4.jpg

Quantum

The last genuinely funny Steam sale was from a couple of years ago, when people were all playing their unplayed games, unlocking achievements, and generally having fun.

The last two (this one included) have pitted gamer vs gamer, with money for bullets.

completely agree.

I really miss the arg and the coal!

(although I think people were scamming the coal with fake accounts)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can you even set your default steam drive from your desktop, or will it always default to your Windows drive?

Nope -- the default has to be the steamapps folder in Steam's installation folder. You can get around this by cutting/pasting the steamapps folder elsewhere and dropping a symbolic link to it the Steam folder, but for the matter of having remote downloads install elsewhere this is a rather cumbersome solution.

Rockstar Social Club isn't letting me play Max Payne 3 now. DRM is usually nicer to me than this. I get the popup about logging in with the OK and Back choices and then it disappears. I get a screen with the Max Payne 3 logo and a prompt to hit enter to continue but I can't do anything.

Hey guys, think about getting Payday + Wolfpack DLC for 2,43€.
If I dig it I'll get Payday 2 (prob with dlc) at a later sale.

My question is, are only games that are excplicitly marked with the red "censored" warning censored in Germany?

Made a mistake once on Origin, so better doublecheck.

I was just about to buy the game. Is it really p2w? That's a huge turn off...

Sniper scope is a DLC and grenades are DLC.

Also you grind ALOT in this game because the overall difficulty is now higher than ever. You fight against spongebob squarepants guys(They take about 30 bullets to kill or 5-10 headshots). Stealth isnt working right and is frustrating as hell.

Sajjaja

I was just about to buy the game. Is it really p2w? That's a huge turn off...

It's hardly pay to win. You'll have a blast without the DLC. It's a great game. In fact, I just bought the DLC because I was having so much fun with it as of late. You dont need to buy any of the DLC to "win."

Zomba13

From any game? How do I do that?

Check your badges in steam (Username tab thing -> Badges) and it shwos you the progression, how many you have left to earn in that game and if you have all of them a button to craft. Once you are out of cards in a game you cna buy the remaining ones on the market place and sell your doubles/ones you aren't going to use.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sniper scope is a DLC and grenades are DLC.

Yes, but that isn't "Pay 2 Win." You can get by in heists WITHOUT any DLC besides the Big Bank (which is needed if you want to host the heist) and Armored Transport (same). All the extra guns/grenades are just that: Extra, they're not significant.

Turfster

Of course I 'wasted' my 11 points.
PSA: Only craft badges in the last half hour, when it's almost a given your team is going to win! =p

Hanzou

How is the online community for MK and SSIV for PC? I picked up regular SFIV a while ago on a sale and was always playing the same person online lol.
When I bought mk9 at Christmas when it was on sale I could find nobody online to play with. Coukd be different now as I would like to play online a bit. Like mentioned though, the story mode is great and challenges are great.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Speaking of Payday 2, is the AI really that bad? If it's anything like L4D2 I think I'll be fine

Guri

Buy five cards for five card badge.
CRAFT
???????
POINTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.

If a game you own has cards, just play it (or heck, idle in it) and you'll receive a number of card drops equal to approximately half the number of total cards in the set. Then you can buy the rest, or hope for a booster pack, or what have you.

You play the game, it drops cards, you collect them, buy the ones you're missing and then craft the badge.

And that will give one point to your team.

Huh, interesting! Thanks!

Derp

From any game? How do I do that?
Go to your badges, and it should show you a list of games in your library with the cards that you have and don't have for each game. You just need to get all the cards for a game. Some games need 5, some 6, some 8. You should already be able to get some cards by just playing the game. Once you run out of card drops, you can buy the remaining cards in the market or wait for a booster pack (and from my experience it's extremely rare. I've never gotten one).

Yes, but that isn't "Pay 2 Win." You can get by in heists WITHOUT any DLC besides the Big Bank (which is needed if you want to host the heist) and Armored Transport (same). All the extra guns/grenades are just that: Extra, they're not significant.

Grenades are needed on higher difficulty modes. As well as LMGs and Scopes. Wasnt there even a Grenadelauncher in a later DLC?

Those are needed for the higher difficulty modes. And if you played the game from the beginning you could have tell that they do this shit. First it was okay from the difficulty mode. And then it was like BOOM HARD AS FUCK. And then DLCs everywhere.

Sorry but Overkill are assholes and they dont deserve any $.

Zomba13

Speaking of Payday 2, is the AI really that bad? If it's anything like L4D2 I think I'll be fine

The AI literally does nothing unless you are fighting. They will also not carry bags or loot, you can't make them carry bags of loot or whatever. It's horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom