• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Thanks for helping me to decide to never purchase the Skyrim expansions, Bethesda.

Not that great of a game, anyway.
I'm not a fan of companies that refuse to discount DLC to the same level as the game itself (provided the DLC isn't brand new, obviously) - or make the "complete/GOTY" edition cheaper than buying just the DLC. It's a giant "fuck you" to early buyers who have supported the game at full price.

Skab

Man Project Zomboid is tempting. Really wish it was just a little cheaper though. $7.50 was my sweet spot. Now I have to decide if I want to keep waiting or not.

As someone who hasn't yet played Skyrim, is it worth going straight in with Legendary? It's more than double the price of the standalone game, but I'll pay if it'll give me a better experience from the get-go, or is it just more content for when I'm finished the dozens of hours in the main game?

I'm not a fan of companies that refuse to discount DLC to the same level as the game itself (provided the DLC isn't brand new, obviously) - or make the "complete/GOTY" edition cheaper than buying just the DLC. It's a giant "fuck you" to early buyers who have supported the game at full price.

Could not have said it better :\

Eusis

Anyone think there will be a "kawaii" vote sometime during the sale? Gotta get them visual novels.

._.
Yes but it will lose to the farming one for reasons.

... Anyone suspecting co-op tactical will win because of L4D2 and the .50 game, even though everyone owns the former and the latter is shit? Though most of us got Sniper Elite 2 for free too, though at least that has DLC to snap up.

Fractal

Banned
It's worth bearing in mind that Wasteland 2 might be Early Access, but it's actually quite close to completion, and has a release date set for end of August. Dunno if pitching in on a game *that* close to release might sway your decision - you could simply consider it as a preorder if you wished!

Hm, didn't know the release date is in August, expected it to be a bit later. Still, think I'll pass on it for now, even though I'm definitely interested, I'm not in much of a rush to play it, backlog is calling!

Will wait for the Winter sale instead.

Forkball

How the hell did fighting games lose? OH BOY INDIE GAMES EVERY PERSON ALREADY OWNS.

Also I didn't know you had to craft a badge to get more cards if your team wins so I got nothing.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
How's Banished? I need to know!

For anyone wanting to know more about Banished check out my OT here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=767594

It's a great city builder, but it's the Dark Souls of city builders in that it's challenging to prosper at, but rewarding too. Very fun and well done indie game, well worth the normal $20 and a great bargain at the sale price of $10 for sure.

Sajjaja

Aye. Fuck off Bethesda. Not buying your DLC until you fix that shit.

Will fighting games (Mortal Kombat) be on falsh or daily sale or for vote again?

Damn evryone who voted for the simulation shit
/s lol

Zeliard

I generally really like Indie games. Will I like The Stanley Parable?

Well, liking "indie games" doesn't generally give us much to go on. :p Stanley Parable is an interactive story, so there isn't a whole lot of traditional gameplay - not even puzzles. What it does have however is some stellar writing and some amazing, wry narration done by a very strong voice actor.

Its meta-humor style is consistently amusing throughout; the pacing is also great and it never wears out its welcome. There is also a decent element of exploration, and you can easily miss several things on your first playthrough if you don't poke around.

There's a free demo out with completely different content than the main game. Try that out first and see if it's your type of thing. And for anyone who decides they're going to buy the full game, make sure you play the demo first.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You haven't bought anything yet? o_O

I was expecting the sale to start in July as it'd done the past couple of years. I'm not even sure at this stage how much I'll have to spare exactly as I had to book my car in for a service unexpectedly and there's no saying how much that's going to cost me. Come Monday afternoon I'll be able to sort out a budget, but I'll be lucky if I can set aside $200.

Blue team, ugh....

The best part about Team Blue is I never have to craft cards, because we're never going to win.

QBhilXU.jpg

It's rough. I know.

340.gif

syko de4d

bought Nosgoth for 3.75€. Youtube videos looked fun and i think i can get 10-20hours mp fun with a friend out of it, which is fine for 3.75€.

Hmm how good is the Stanley parable? I liked what I saw in the demo, but I heard the whole game is really short. Is there a lot of replay value?

As someone who hasn't yet played Skyrim, is it worth going straight in with Legendary? It's more than double the price of the standalone game, but I'll pay if it'll give me a better experience from the get-go, or is it just more content for when I'm finished the dozens of hours in the main game?

Get the LE.

If you need convincing, compare the LE's price to purchasing the base game and DLCs separately. It will seem like an obvious choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom