• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabel

God damn. I think you can make sooo much cash during the sales. Just buy the cheapest Token and wait until this team is #1. Sell it for 4x$$$. Profit!
I wish I invested in green Tokens.

Of course Dawnguard the one Skyrim DLC I don't have doesn't get a full discount.

Maybe it's for the best. I already have 500+ hours logged into Skyrim, along with probably another 50 or so from installing/tweaking mods.

My advice: Go straight to Legendary edition if you've never played Skyrim. Dragonborn is a great expansion, Dawnguard is okay, but both are nice to have for the number of mods that require them to function properly.

I'm not a fan of companies that refuse to discount DLC to the same level as the game itself (provided the DLC isn't brand new, obviously) - or make the "complete/GOTY" edition cheaper than buying just the DLC. It's a giant "fuck you" to early buyers who have supported the game at full price.

Alternatively, you can just skip out on release and buy the Ultimate Editions later on.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh thanks, didn't see this!

For anyone wanting to know more about Banished check out my OT here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=767594

It's a great city builder, but it's the Dark Souls of city builders in that it's challenging to prosper at, but rewarding too. Very fun and well done indie game, well worth the normal $20 and a great bargain at the sale price of $10 for sure.

All right, I'll get this!

bigace33

My wishlist hasn't changed except for AC3 being removed, and that's probably due to me just buying it. Maybe I should not have placed Dead Rising 3 and The Witcher 3 in my wishlist at the last minute. B*^(

Ecto311

searched google and cant find anything. The store button in steam is grey and not letting me click into it. Any ideas for a fix or why? I logged out and back in and went online then off line mode and no change to it.

mannerbot

Will fighting games (Mortal Kombat) be on falsh or daily sale or for vote again?

Damn evryone who voted for the simulation shit
/s lol

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Injustice and MK9 will be a daily/flash sale, and the same for SSFIV: AE. I'm not so sure about KoF XIII though. :(

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Of course Dawnguard the one Skyrim DLC I don't have doesn't get a full discount.

Maybe it's for the best. I already have 500+ hours logged into Skyrim, along with probably another 50 or so from installing/tweaking mods.

This annoys me too. They like screwing over the people that just have the base game, for whatever reason.

fallout

Why does Valve insist on having ancient games like Terraria as a daily? Who doesn't own it already?

They should just let that be 75% off and that be that.
I assume because it keeps selling and probably outperforms other games in that slot. I know this is anecdotal, but people complain about FTL going on sale so much, yet I still see new people in the GAF FTL whenever it goes on sale.

EEK. I bought pretty much most of the AC series and never realised that the later games have mouse acceleration problems that can't be fixed. Mess. I swear AC1 and 2 didn't have this problem. ._.

Get the LE.

If you need convincing, compare the LE's price to purchasing the base game and DLCs separately. It will seem like an obvious choice.

Perhaps, but I could also get Skyrim and another game for the same price as the LE. But if playing even base Skyrim is a worse experience without the DLC I'll get the LE, or is it all additional, separate content?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Loading up Enhanced Steam and seeing all the storefront highlighted in green is better than sex :p

Derp

No FTL? No Transistor?

God damn it. I guess I'm off then. It's 3:30am. Maybe another day, FTL... Maybe another day...

Tizoc

COME ON GREEN THIS IS GONNA BE OUR HARDEST 24 HOURS YET!
WE'LL SHOW RED WHO'S AT THE TOP!
tumblr_lhpytcUJ7r1qfejy5o1_500.jpg

Kaleinc

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Company of Heroes 2 Multiplayer Access -- MB-0BDFE128D5DB6D23 - Taken by clockworkinyou

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell did fighting games lose? OH BOY INDIE GAMES EVERY PERSON ALREADY OWNS.

Also I didn't know you had to craft a badge to get more cards if your team wins so I got nothing.

I don't own Banished or Papers, Please so that's why I voted for them.

Probably still won't buy them today.

MisterM

Well, liking "indie games" doesn't generally give us much to go on. :p Stanley Parable is an interactive story, so there isn't a whole lot of traditional gameplay - not even puzzles. What it does have however is some stellar writing and some amazing, wry narration done by a very strong voice actor.

Its meta-humor style is consistently amusing throughout; the pacing is also great and it never wears out its welcome. There is also a decent element of exploration, and you can easily miss several things on your first playthrough if you don't poke around.

There's a free demo out with completely different content than the main game. Try that out first and see if it's your type of thing. And for anyone who decides they're going to buy the full game, make sure you play the demo first.

I'm sorry. Using my phone is a pain to type anything long winded. Thank you for the advice.

Perhaps, but I could also get Skyrim and another game for the same price as the LE. But if playing even base Skyrim is a worse experience without the DLC I'll get the LE, or is it all additional, separate content?

Grab the LE cause if you wanna play the dlc at a later point, you'll pay an arm and a leg for the it.

Eusis

The stupid game that made everyone vote for wrongsection thus making me miss Mortal Kombat !
Who are you kidding, that was probably just on GAF. With Steam community they probably just went "I recognize those games!" to Sims 3 and Surgeon Simulator because I'd think by all rights SFIV and MK would have the name power locked down.

Enco

:lol at this meta.

I just don't understand it.

Why are there such big differences?

Are the teams all coordinated? Is Valve messing with the results? Are the teams blowing their load too early and running out of money?

Why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom