• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
mortal kombat's single player is dope, so i hope people decide to try and win it (from sub-zero, who isn't as liked as scorpion by the game's creator)

Anteater

would totally bite on skyrim legendary for lower, damn it bethesda, will continue to wait for Re6, stupid capcom.

i'm gonna just shoot some fools in gunslinger

They all add separate content.

Hearthstone is very separate, minor stuff - primarily house-building. Not necessary for anything, in the grand scheme of things.

Dawnguard enhances Werewolves and Vampires with skill trees and adds a new questline or two to the game, as well as some new items. If you want to use any sort of modding to do with Vampires or Werewolves, the mods will almost certainly require Dawnguard.

Dragonborn adds a new landmass to adventure in, new shouts, new items, and I think it might add dragon riding?

Thanks for explaining. I've bought it now anyway, but good to know what to expect.

As someone who just built my first gaming capable PC in 5 years last month, this sale is glorious. 9 games bought so far for under £20.

DaBoss

Pink's time to shine.

*insert Wonder Pink GIF here*
C'mooooon, Team Pink!

Wonderpinkwvud2.gif

DS3 is a good one-off game. Obsidian writing with pretty good combat. Unfortunately it lacks re-playability.

But for $4.99 and it comes with DS1 and DS2, I think it worth it... also I read that DS3 lenght is like 15 hours (more or less), so I'm good with that :D

Thank you bro!

zsswimmer

Contagion looks interesting but it looks like I wont be picking up anything for this sale because I only have enough money for essentials until the next pay period. :( Maybe if something is really really cheap lol

W1SSY

The sale has been lacking with all these early access games. Most of them do not get big discounts and the ones that do are all about the same game.

Acccent

ugh. it's the second time that I don't get the card I'm supposed to after voting for community sales :|
meanwhile I traded like 5 cards with a friend and I used the new ones to craft a badge, but they're also still in his inventory. when will steam ever function as it's supposed to I wonder

Amneisac

Contagion looks interesting but it looks like I wont be picking up anything for this sale because I only have enough money for essentials until the next pay period. :( Maybe if something is really really cheap lol

I'm not sure I'll ever buy a game that doesn't allow people to post in the Steam forums. I know it's usually full of the worst kind of community garbage, but it still feels like they're trying to hide something,

mfaex

Can't believe fighters lost. I would have lost a bet on that.

If you're buying Skyrim for the first time, for the love of god buy legendary and not base.

Effect

Anyone know of anything on sale that has good base, castle, and/or town building? That's not early access (unless it's really solid) and Dawn of Discovery, Anno 2070, and Civ 5. I have those..

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
C'mooooon, Team Pink!

Wonderpinkwvud2.gif

I really need to replay the game just to see all the different and unique failure results. They are rather amusing.

In the mean time though, more OMG! Zombies, which is a fun game, but already paid for itself with card drops.

Tellaerin

Who are you kidding, that was probably just on GAF. With Steam community they probably just went "I recognize those games!" to Sims 3 and Surgeon Simulator because I'd think by all rights SFIV and MK would have the name power locked down.

The idea that Sims 3 could swing the vote is frankly mindboggling when you consider that it was one of the games in the Origin Humble Bundle, and every site out there was running stories about that bundle when it hit. I figure most people who wanted The Sims 3 would own it already.

zsswimmer

I'm not sure I'll ever buy a game that doesn't allow people to post in the Steam forums. I know it's usually full of the worst kind of community garbage, but it still feels like they're trying to hide something,

I never noticed it until you mentioned it, but that does come across very odd...

Shengar

Steam has had a bit of love in indie multiplayer games.

Divekick
Nidhogg
Speedrunners
Towerfall Ascension
Samurai Gunn (no sale is a bummer)
Starwhal: Just the Tip

Should be a good start.
Thanks, add them to my wishlist! I'll hope Towerfall will get flash deal next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom