• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swhalen

Would highly recommend Rocksmith 2014 should anyone be considering that and can get a cable to use with it btw. Considering I've already spent close to 170hrs on it I'd say it's definitely worth grabbing at 75% off ;)

I just got it, just browsing online to find a place to buy the cable.

KJ869

This sale realy has inspired me to just organize my steam list and play old games, while I have been running some stuff just for cards. I had forgotter how great game Waves is.

SmithnCo

Can anyone explain The Stanley Parable do me? Thinking about jumping on that deal but I'm curious as to how it plays...I hate to say something dumb like..."Is it boring?" But I think you know what I'm asking. Is it a very niche type game or what?

It's a game based around story and humor. You listen to a narrator while making choices in the world which lead to different story outcomes.

Parsnip

Came across this in the Steam discussions.

2014-06-20-2233u50wb.png

Someone's claiming the winning teams are predetermined. It's probably fake, but it would be hilarious if the image predicted the forthcoming winners.

2Im7pbb.jpg

I have benefited a lot from SteamGAF's generosity in the past and I wanted to give back in a small way. This is, in my opinion, one of the best games ever made and I spent hundreds of hours with it growing up. I hope whoever wins enjoys it as much as I did. Cheers to SteamGAF!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Age of Empires 2 -- MB-D04A44F0C3499F69 - Taken by Sammichu. 44 entrants total.

t1403388862z1.png

MBison

Can anyone explain The Stanley Parable do me? Thinking about jumping on that deal but I'm curious as to how it plays...I hate to say something dumb like..."Is it boring?" But I think you know what I'm asking. Is it a very niche type game or what?

It's a little niche and hard to explain. It can be finished in literally an hour or less but there are dozens of paths through the game that will take you much longer. It's basically entirely story driven but it's expertly written, very funny, and more than worth the sale price IMO (unless you are a real pincher for sales).

The best way to explain the Stanley Parable is to play the demo.

Speevy

Banned

A parable is a story that's meant to allow the person experiencing it to reach some conclusion or realization.

It's that in game form.

It's still the best to me! Just barely ahead of Brotherhood, and maybe Black Flag. Hope Unity brings some needed changes to the franchise though.

What changes would you like to see? I don't have any experience post AC2 because I was so sick of GTA:R that I didn't have any interest in AC:B or AC:R... and I figured by the time I was going to get into AC3 that I should play the other 2 first but I just lost interest... now I own the large majority of them but haven't been motivated to play them.

I did play AC3:L on the Vita and that was a good time... but I think that's sort of the opposite opinion of a lot of people.

The_Monk

I have benefited a lot from SteamGAF's generosity in the past and I wanted to give back in a small way. This is, in my opinion, one of the best games ever made and I spent hundreds of hours with it growing up. I hope whoever wins enjoys it as much as I did. Cheers to SteamGAF!

My nostalgia is crossing its fingers for this one, thank you fellow GAFfer!

I have AoE III but it's the physical edition and it does not redeem on Steam. I miss AoE II much more to be honest!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wish I didnt blow my load last weekend (and with southpark midweek), I feel like doing giveaways too :(

spirity

Its you trying to get out of Groundhog day with fantastic narration. You probably won't be playing it one week from now but until then you'll have a great time.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

Great giveaway, thanks.

My nostalgia is crossing its fingers for this one, thank you fellow GAFfer!

I have AoE III but it's the physical edition and it does not redeem on Steam. I miss AoE II much more to be honest!

I bought AoE III when it came out, but it didn't have the magic that AoE II did. I can go back to AoE II and still enjoy it just as much as I did a decade ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom