• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythian

Just got home to check out the new deals. Lamest day yet.
13691f290b.jpg
^ Missing game wtf.

Question: Will my Rocksmith 2014 XBOX 360 cable work on PC version? There is too much lag with my sound system for me to enjoy it on 360, but at this price I'm willing to try on PC.

Also, YEAH RED!!!

I'm not changing my avatar, it works.

So far I've picked up:

XCOM: Complete
Far Cry 3
Amnesia: M4P
The Walking Dead Season 2

I'm really considering Skyrim Legendary. Has the DLC ever gone cheaper? I played 100 hours of Skyrim Vanilla on 360, so all I'm really interested in is the DLC, and maybe to mess around with mods a bit. Is it worth the $13.50 for that?

Here's a game that's been sitting in my Steam inventory for ages. Hope someone has some fun with it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Frozen Synapse -- MB-ACE924598974F639 - Taken by NoRéN. 3 entrants total.

t1403379666z1.png

Sober

Darn,no controller support for AC Brotherhood. Hope the next one has.
It works if you have only a wired 360 controller. You might be able to fudge it with any other Dualshock and the right software. Wireless is up in the air, I definitely remember AC2 not playing with wireless 360 controllers.

denx

Just got home to check out the new deals. Lamest day yet.
^ Missing game wtf.

That would be Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition. The UE is region locked so that's why it's not showing in somre regions. Vanilla DAO and Awakening are in sale also tho.

Ventara

NoRéN;117603269 said:
Through steam, username > profile. there should be a big flag on the right side.

I still don't see anything.

You have to actually join a team I think. Try clicking the summer sale banner and there should be a link saying "Get Started" or some such.

Ah, this might be it.

Edit: This was it. I got placed on the Green team (AKA WINNING team, suck it losers!)

Zeliard

Question: Will my Rocksmith 2014 XBOX 360 cable work on PC version? There is too much lag with my sound system for me to enjoy it on 360, but at this price I'm willing to try on PC.

Yes, it's the same cable.

In fact, you can even use your Rocksmith 2013 cable if you have it and it'll work flawlessly with RS 2014. I bought RS 2013 on PS3 and use that cable with the PC version of RS 2014.

Heartfyre

I'm mildly furious at the Skyrim DLC remaining at that premium. I was dumb enough to pay €19.99 for Dawnguard when it came out, but I'll be damned if I'll pay more than €4.99 for Dragonborn. That the Legendary Edition is at such a reasonable price just doesn't make any sense.

Colby

Also, YEAH RED!!!

I'm not changing my avatar, it works.

So far I've picked up:

XCOM: Complete
Far Cry 3
Amnesia: M4P
The Walking Dead Season 2

I'm really considering Skyrim Legendary. Has the DLC ever gone cheaper? I played 100 hours of Skyrim Vanilla on 360, so all I'm really interested in is the DLC, and maybe to mess around with mods a bit. Is it worth the $13.50 for that?
Yeah, I'm using the 360 cable for Rocksmith 2014 PC.

atr0cious

Could someone point me to some drivers for DS3 controller support, please? I've been trying to use these but now my computer doesn't even recognize I've got a controller plugged in. I'm on Windows 7 sp1 if that makes a difference. Please and thank you for any help, I've been trying to get this to work for the past couple days and it's driving me crazy.

Acidote

Three Nosgoth closed beta keys for you:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vXzOK9b.jpg

Nosgoth #3 -- MB-B33212C8D8B4D8E0 - Taken by EdibleKnife. 6 entrants total.
Nosgoth #2 -- MB-ACF00B9B26F8B2CF - Taken by Colby. 19 entrants total.
Nosgoth -- MB-4888E59B43F7ADC3 - Taken by Sendero. 13 entrants total.

t1403389756z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lets see if it works.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Defy Gravity Extended -- MB-6A50414722BDE067 - Taken by Hesemonni
Roogoo -- MB-46A55EE51B73BCA4 - Taken by Defect

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So...what's the point of Steam then? Steam cheevos?

The convenience of having the game in the one place (Steam Uplay games can't be launched through Uplay directly, even). The only internally-developed Ubi game that supports Steam achievements is Rocksmith 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom