• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

lol157kil.gif

Shadownet

Banned
SteamGAF quick question.

If I buy and download a game into my PC.

After it finished. Can I go into that folder. Copy everything and make a backup in a separate hard drive or an external hard drive?

Just in case my computer ever crash. I don't wanna waste bandwidth redownloading everything again. All I havw to do is move everything back over into my computer from the external hard drive.

Is that an option?

SteamGAF quick question.

After it finished. Can I go into that folder. Copy everything and make a backup in a separate hard drive or an external hard drive?

Just in case my computer ever crash. I don't wanna waste bandwidth redownloading everything again. All I havw to do is move everything back over into my computer from the external hard drive.

Is that an option?

Yes, essentially. You can copy your steamapps folder and drop it into a new Steam install and it *should* work. Exception: save games, but that's what Gamesave Manager is for.

Zeliard

lets be honest...

is Bad Rats REALLY that bad?

I don't think it is. Morally it's kind of putrid - frying cats in microwaves and such. That stuff is a bit much. But the gameplay itself isn't the worst thing I've ever played. I've gotten through every level I've tried so far using contraptions that seemed like they should work, and ultimately did.

thebloo

SteamGAF quick question.

Is that an option?

Right click on game in steam --> Backup game files.

You can also do it manually, of course.

Tellaerin

friendly insults :p

Ahh, okay. You had me worried there for a second. You're a nice, laid back kind of guy. It'd be messed up if somebody was hassling you over something that minor.

If you were serious, I was going to suggest that you take this opportunity to trim your friends list a little.

I don't think it is. Morally it's kind of putrid - frying cats in microwave and such. That stuff is a bit much. But the gameplay itself isn't the worst thing I've ever played. I've gotten through every level I've tried so far using contraptions that seemed like they would work, and ultimately did.

It's more that it's a 2D game in a 3D environment, so you can have stuff like balls rolling off the level and shit like that.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ahh, okay. You had me worried there for a second. You're a nice, laid back kind of guy. It'd be messed up if somebody was hassling you over something that minor.

i bet it was the same guy that pm'd saoirse

who's this mysterious asshole that keeps harassing everyone

OmegaDL50

SteamGAF quick question.

Is that an option?

Library > Right Click > Back Up Game Files

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sorry if this is a bit of a thread whine, but this whole team color thing is kind of turning this thread into unbearable shit for me.

People are having fun with it. I dont see why it's unbearable when there is still talk about games around.

Eternia

FYI: if you want some super-cheap pinball, download Pinball Arcade and attempt to buy either Black Hole, Ripley's Believe It or Not or Theatre of Magic in-game (under Season One/Two Tables > Season One Tables). You'll find that there's a special Launch Pack in there which is available for one penny. That right, sell any trading card in the market and get yerself some pinball tables.

Do note that this is only available in-game, but it's free to download with the fourth launch table, Arabian Nights, available for all.
For a penny, I'll try anything. Sounds like a good excuse for me to download Pinball Arcade anyways. Whether or not it works still, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: I see that it's an advertised deal, no rush at all!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just a quick sub-30 minutes reminder.

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-0D091B0C12423B6D - Taken by reddmyst. 89 entrants total.

t1403390809z1.png

Kznjtnf.gif

Acccent

If you were serious, I was going to suggest that you take this opportunity to trim your friends list a little.

aw <3

[/QUOTE=ModBot]

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-67857D060235B302 - Taken by GlenChivas. 4 entrants total.

t1403390108z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom