• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Red Bandit should be one of the mascots for team red.

tumblr_m3515hNUo91r8xhm6o1_500.gif
The thing I remember the most about The Fall is the weird, awkward and sad behind the scenes extra where the director gets pissed at the little girl for something or other and she starts crying as he's being an angry shouty dick and he's like "Why can't you do that when the cameras are rolling?!". What a fucking asshole that guy seems to be.

Anyway...Lee Pace is cool. He's good at making pies.

Nothing again for me today, it seems!

I watched someone play through Jazzpunk, which was really strange and funny. Could be a good one to pick up with you want 2 or 3 hours of something to do.

wildfire

Banned
That voting block for comedic games is pretty much the best group of games I've seen so far.

A ton of variety between Psychonauts, Guacemelee, Gunpoint and DLC Quest.

Thanks, Black Soma, for Syberia!
I have the second game but couldn't touch it cause I didn't have/never played the first game, wanted to play and finish the first game before moving on to the second game.

HoosTrax

I finished Halo: Spartan Assault (bought it from the Flash sale last night). I thought it was a pretty decent twin stick shooter for the price.

I tried the weapons that you buy with XP points (or money in the case of the mobile version I guess). The rocket launcher is hilariously overpowered (150 round clip w/ no reloading required, and automatic fire). The sniper rifle is a one-hit on Elites, but other than that, it's not too OP. The other weapon, which I have not seen before since I've only played Halo 2, was fairly powerful (fires a high-damage beam that penetrates multiple targets), but has a somewhat long charge up time. In any case, I gave them one try each, just for the purpose of getting an achievements, but didn't feel any need to use them beyond that.

The control schemes both have some quirks. 360-mode has very noticeable auto-aim. KBM is really awkward for vehicles not surprisingly, and it apparently can't fire the plasma pistol's charge-up attack for some reason.

Missions are pretty short, maybe 5 mins each, and scoring is heavily dependent on multi-kills, kill chains, etc.

Overall, I liked it for what it was. Not sure if there's much I would have changed about this game specifically, but I wouldn't mind something similar, but with greater scope (longer, larger levels), like Renegade Ops. And some character progression persistence / RPG elements / perks / etc.

jabuseika

Yeah, wth with DarkFall.

These Freemium games don't count as Sales Valve!

Same thing with Nosgoth, that was just on sale.

You're just buying the "entry package" at a sale, you still have to spend more to get stuff for the game.

Poetic

At this point I'm mainly waiting for Dark Souls 2 season pass, Transistor, Wolf Among Us, and Child of Light to get better deals.

Not for everyone but I started playing Darkfall a week ago or so and it's one of the most fun games i've ever played. But It's the most fun open non-instanced world that i've played since original EQ glory days. Rewards you the more you figure out about the world.

It has full scale loot but it make sit fun as you have to be smart and on your toes. Think DayZ in a huge fantasy world.

Fair warning that it's not for everyone though!

Red Comet

Please anyone who gets season pass of Batman Origins only, tell me what he gets and what he doesn't FULL LIST PLEASE !

I got these:

Cold, Cold Heart
Initiation
New Millennium Skins Pack
Infinite Earths Skin Pack

Looks like you don't get the Black Mask Challenge Pack or online supply drops oddly enough.

sgjackson

At this point I'm mainly waiting for Dark Souls 2 season pass, Transistor, Wolf Among Us, and Child of Light to get better deals.

yeah I'm waiting on Wolf Among Us/Rayman Legends/that Sonic kart racer gaf loves, mostly. Going to fill in the cracks with cheap deals for games I've heard of.

also I use Orzhov Guildmage as my avatar on Tumblr so seeing it here freaked me out for a second

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, wth with DarkFall.

These Freemium games don't count as Sales Valve!

Same thing with Nosgoth, that was just on sale.

You're just buying the "entry package" at a sale, you still have to spend more to get stuff for the game.

Nosgoth is more than playable with the "entry package".

:|

Anyway, jazzpunk - thoughts? Probably shouldn't grab it, it's above my $10 individual purchase threshold :p
It's a fun comedic spy parody. It's short if you just do the main objectives, I recommend you explore every inch of the game since it has lot of hidden references and easter eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom