• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjar

Banned
Jazzpunk is great. It's basically a game of "find the goofy joke/reference." Basically Naked Gun: The Video Game.

Also Jim Sterling is in it.

Miletius

So far I'm doing decently this sale on just buying a few things here and there. Picked Up Skyrim today and picked up Walking Dead Season 2 yesterday. Also got a few sub 5 dollar items (bulletstorm, Don't Starve DLC, Euro Truck Simulator).

I assume the Amazon Age of Empires mistake is dead now, eh? It's been 2 hours.

derExperte

BTW when is the last day of the sale?

captureddkmm.png

Card Boy

Banned
My suggestion with The Batman Akham Origins season pass. Skip it but get Cold Cold Heart instead. Its fucken amazing and is similar to Harley Quinns Revenge from AC but i liked this one more. If challenge maps and skins are your thing then get the season pass for the extra $2.50.

Blackgate is $5 too.

inm8num2

Heads up for anyone who might have had issues with summer adventure cards from team contributions not dropping...I just voted this round, and after voting I got my two cards for yesterday (1 for points, 1 for Red winning). Saw similar reports on the Steam discussions, so it seems some drops were delayed and had to be triggered by the next "event".

I'm back in the game!

Zia

Was super stoked about voting for Hitman so that I might finally grab Blood Money. All non-Absolution entries into the Hitman series sit at the standard sale price. Boo.

Sober

My suggestion with The Batman Akham Origins season pass. Skip it but get Cold Cold Heart instead. Its fucken amazing and is similar to Harley Quinns Revenge from AC but i liked this one more. If challenge maps and skins are your thing then get the season pass for the extra $2.50.

Blackgate is $5 too.
Black Mask Challenge maps actually are separate, they aren't under the season pass.

For those who've played it, is Origins a legit Arkham game? I passed on it last year to wait for the inevitable GOTY edition (Are we not getting one?) or Rocksteady's proper Arkham game. At $7.50 I'm tempted to pull the trigger...

Cheddahz

Banned
For those who've played it, is Origins a legit Arkham game? I passed on it last year to wait for the inevitable GOTY edition (Are we not getting one?) or Rocksteady's proper Arkham game. At $7.50 I'm tempted to pull the trigger...

I personally found it to be better than City

Poetic

I think I'm going to hold off until the Winter sale to get the game + season pass stuff cheaper.

~Kinggi~

Banned

People seem to put it down a lot, but i mean to me it always seemed like a legit batman game. And it takes place during Christmas and shit, probably the best atmosphere of the series.

Blizzard

Banned
Can someone confirm I'm not missing something? This seems like a stupid progression, otherwise:

• Steam used to have a right click, view store page option on your friends list. So, if you see someone playing an unusual game, you can jump to the store page and check it out.
  • Next, Steam changed that so you can only jump to the HUB. This means you run the chance of someone trolling with a giant spoiler screenshot at the top, and it takes an extra step to get to the store page via the store button on the hub page. (Why would Valve make it MORE difficult for users to get to a page to buy games? Who knows.)
  • Now, the hub page HAS NO STORE BUTTON. This means I literally have to type a game name into the search box myself if I want to find out about it. Doesn't this only hurt Valve and annoy users? Why would they do this?

Card Boy

Banned

Its legit bro. It got hate because its the same map from AC and was glitchy. Alot of the bugs have being fixed.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm only missing one card for a full summer set.

I wonder if I should buy the missing card and throw 4 bucks down the toilet or do I just sell them all?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I played through on hard first and easy second and normal third. Now I'm done all 100. I just need a bunch more perfect+s which is going to require significantly more replay.
Oh, so you didn't Perfect+ every level as you went through them? I refused to move on until I could get the bullseye, which is probably one of the reasons I eventually got a bit tired of it.

Origins is excellent. It's story is fantastic, though it has a slow start, and the combat and detective stuff is pure batman. I consider it just as good as City, as while City has a stronger beginning, Origins has a MUCH stronger back half. Both really really great Batman tales.

Also, the christmas setting is fun.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
The way disguises work on NPCs is pretty broken though, especially on harder difficulties.

Here's a quote from me about it

I agree with this thing about the disguises so much. It made using disguises a really awkward experience. Overall the game was still a really fun/enjoyable stealth game and definitely worth the price (it's decently long, too).

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm only missing one card for a full summer set.

I wonder if I should buy the missing card and throw 4 bucks down the toilet or do I just sell them all?

If you're team green, buy that last card.

If you're on some inferior team, just sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom