• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemeris

For those who've played it, is Origins a legit Arkham game? I passed on it last year to wait for the inevitable GOTY edition (Are we not getting one?) or Rocksteady's proper Arkham game. At $7.50 I'm tempted to pull the trigger...

It has its share of terrible bugs, but it was still enjoyable.

If you enjoy your Batman angry as hell, then you can't miss.

r3n4ud

Oh, so you didn't Perfect+ every level as you went through them? I refused to move on until I could get the bullseye, which is probably one of the reasons I eventually got a bit tired of it.

And that's why I don't grind just to get achievements. Get burnt out rather quickly. Same with games having achievements tied to difficulties. Fuck 'em

Colby

Has anyone tried the $6 Mastercard code on two different phones? I successfully got one code and added it to my wallet, but I was thinking about trying to use my girlfriend's email/phone to get another one. Not sure if that's breaking any Steam rules or anything, though.

Turfster

Has anyone tried the $6 Mastercard code on two different phones? I successfully got one code and added it to my wallet, but I was thinking about trying to use my girlfriend's email/phone to get another one. Not sure if that's breaking any Steam rules or anything, though.

Steam doesn't care about where the money you put on an account comes from
(unless it's a stolen credit card, of course =p)

AkuMifune

Banned
Got that movie credit, spent it on as many games as I could with cards instead of games I wanted.

I've gone too far. Time to pull it back.

Just after a few more badges. I can stop anytime I want.

maneil99

What are you texting to it, I texted Movie and get invalid code

Damn, should've waited a bit. When i checked, Cold, Cold Heart was more expensive then the season pass. could've saved 5 BRL/2,5 dollars. oh well.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Let's play a game!

ModBot said:
IMPORTANT: This is a different sort of giveaway. The winner will PM me with their choice of ANY game that is on the Steam Store that costs less than $10.00 US, and their Steam username (lets be friends!) and I will buy that game and gift it to you directly.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a Raffle. The winner will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gamer's Choice (Any Game Under $10) -- MB-8A8DBFF0F0B9F2CD - Taken by ricochetguro

t1403411756z1.png

HowZatOZ

Banned
Holy crap at the green team consumable going for $20. Valve has seriously perfected making money from people with too much money, and I love it. The systems that Valve use for games like TF2 and services like Steam's Sales are so much better than the other crap we've seen in the past for gaming, in that if I ignore it my playthrough or use is not affected at all, which is so good.

On the topic of Summer Sale winnings I've grabbed Dragon Age: Origins pack, Divinity: Original Sin, State of Decay and Age of Empires 2 HD. Hopefully Age of Mythology goes on sale as I'm keen for that but not at the $22 or $30 price tag.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
And that's why I don't grind just to get achievements. Get burnt out rather quickly. Same with games having achievements tied to difficulties. Fuck 'em
I rarely do that, but I decided to make an exception here due to my love for the franchise. Oh well, one day I'll finally 100% it...

Nibiru

Banned
People seem to put it down a lot, but i mean to me it always seemed like a legit batman game. And it takes place during Christmas and shit, probably the best atmosphere of the series.

I have just heard it's majorly buggy on pc. I asked earlier in this thread if the bugs were fixed. I didn't get an answer:( There is a performance thread on gaf but it hasn't had any posts in awhile.

biRdy

Good luck everyone!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Age of Empires II -- MB-E0FE6CD32082B025

t1403412606z1.png

You're right. They'll be worthless at the end of the sale. I have some cards from last year and they're worth like 5 cents each.

FIRESALE!

I bought 30 dollars worth of the 2013 summer cards, including a foil set, thinking they'll be worth big money for a badge you couldn't get afterwards.

Thousands are sold every day for pennies. Fuck you, market.

Anustart

Anyone got a link to that appID trick for idling games you haven't downloaded? I don't feel like downloading skyrim right now to grab it's cards.

derExperte

You're right. They'll be worthless at the end of the sale. I have some cards from last year and they're worth like 5 cents each.

FIRESALE!

These will be less than worthless. They'll be digital nothingness after the 30th.

Anyone got a link to that appID trick for idling games you haven't downloaded? I don't feel like downloading skyrim right now to grab it's cards.

You could use the Steam Achievement Manager.

Turfster

It's like Gone Home but actually good.

Eh.
I've played a couple of hours of Stanley Parable and while I agree it's well made, it's also
fucking dark and depressing, overall.
It's also really easy to get stuck on a samey path, even with the newly unlocked stuff in those paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom