• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
tumblr_m70ubvHBpZ1rziwwco1_500.jpg

Origins is the best Arkham game by far.

Both are better than Asylum that's for sure.

Well I spammed that Mastercard thing out to a few people on Facebook. Managed to get 2 winners who gave up their codes for me. Arkham Origins and Season Pass are mine!

Toki767

If it comes off cleanly, I'll likely do more. Seems fun to offer the winner a choice.

And right now there are a TON of $10 or less choices to pick from.

Should be fun.

It's been relatively clean every time I've done it. Plus I feel like winners are more likely to play a game they actually pick themselves rather than just toss it in the backlog because they randomly entered their name for something.

Its legit bro. It got hate because its the same map from AC and was glitchy. Alot of the bugs have being fixed.

No, it's not "legit" it is a bastard of the franchise, Rocksteady disavows it and calls Asylum, City and the soon Knight games the complete trilogy. It was a terrible, I got it free with my Nvidia card and hated the entire experience. I'm one of the biggest batman fans around, played Asylum at E3 the year it came out and told everyone it was actually good (At a time when no one thought a Batman game would be good).

Origins is a bad game. period. Yes, it was buggy as hell, yes, some of it got fixed Most of it didn't. Batman teleports across entire streets when in combat mode because they screwed up freeflow. Even the developers basically said "screw you" to the customers and aren't even going to fix the rest of the bugs, but work on DLC instead.

There isn't a lot that I will actively fight for when talking bad about a game. But Origins is not good and is a tarnish on the franchise. Also, listen to anyone who actually played the others and then talk about Arkham Knight and you'll hear. "Knight looks cool, but I'm kinda burnt out on Batman after Origins" or " I'm so excited about Knight, it looks rad! Glad I didn't play Origins, because I feel like I'd burn myself out on it"

One last thing. No Conroy or Hamill. Hamill said he was done with Joker, which I understand. So they pick Nolan North 2.0 (Troy Baker) Because he was already the main character in Bioshock Last of Us the same year. Conroy wasn't in it, because they said Batman is younger, so he needs to sound younger. Yet they still got real Nolan North to voice Penguin.... MAKE NO SENSE!!!

Anyways, enough of my ramblings. My point being, Origins is crap.At $7.50 its at least not the worst thing you can buy. Just don't say that it is better than Asylum or City. It's catered to the kiddies who think that Heath Ledger is the best joker and "swag, yo" and have never seen Nicholson or heard Hamill.

pahamrick

yspkRVM.jpg

So, big big thanks to a friend who hooked me up with enough steam credit so I could grab 10 keys for the big game on the left, and the M&M contest for the $6 prepaid for Hitman. Leaves my $5 still untouched!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Hey guys. Bought Ship Complete and got extra keys.
Here's one for you!

To think yesterday I bought my first game on Steam and now my first gift. Gangxxter I told you one day.
EDIT: lol fail. 15mins too short :/

Thanks for the game!

Since it gives you an extra copy, I'll continue the gifting.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Daedalos42:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship -- MB-88EAAF45E6D20645 - Taken by Chocobro. 14 entrants total.

t1403413509z1.png

nded

No, it's not "legit" it is a bastard of the franchise, Rocksteady disavows it and calls Asylum, City and the soon Knight games the complete trilogy. It was a terrible, I got it free with my Nvidia card and hated the entire experience. I'm one of the biggest batman fans around, played Asylum at E3 the year it came out and told everyone it was actually good (At a time when no one thought a Batman game would be good).

Origins is a bad game. period. Yes, it was buggy as hell, yes, some of it got fixed Most of it didn't. Batman teleports across entire streets when in combat mode because they screwed up freeflow. Even the developers basically said "screw you" to the customers and aren't even going to fix the rest of the bugs, but work on DLC instead.

There isn't a lot that I will actively fight for when talking bad about a game. But Origins is not good and is a tarnish on the franchise. Also, listen to anyone who actually played the others and then talk about Arkham Knight and you'll hear. "Knight looks cool, but I'm kinda burnt out on Batman after Origins" or " I'm so excited about Knight, it looks rad! Glad I didn't play Origins, because I feel like I'd burn myself out on it"

One last thing. No Conroy or Hamill. Hamill said he was done with Joker, which I understand. So they pick Nolan North 2.0 (Troy Baker) Because he was already the main character in Bioshock Last of Us the same year. Conroy wasn't in it, because they said Batman is younger, so he needs to sound younger. Yet they still got real Nolan North to voice Penguin.... MAKE NO SENSE!!!

Anyways, enough of my ramblings. My point being, Origins is crap.At $7.50 its at least not the worst thing you can buy. Just don't say that it is better than Asylum or City. It's catered to the kiddies who think that Heath Ledger is the best joker and have never seen Nicholson or heard Hamill.

U mad br..., oh, you are.

Troy Baker gets called Nolan North 2.0 because he was also in a bunch of video games, not because he does the exact same voices.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
chubigans is a racist

Gone Home and Stanley Parable are both well-worth checking out.

You are 50% correct. edit: I mean 33.3% correct! :p

I hated the twist in Gone Home where it's revealed
you wasted $20 on a 1.5 hour game with a ho-hum story.

I personally found it to be better than City

People seem to put it down a lot, but i mean to me it always seemed like a legit batman game. And it takes place during Christmas and shit, probably the best atmosphere of the series.

Its legit bro. It got hate because its the same map from AC and was glitchy. Alot of the bugs have being fixed.

Origins is excellent. It's story is fantastic, though it has a slow start, and the combat and detective stuff is pure batman. I consider it just as good as City, as while City has a stronger beginning, Origins has a MUCH stronger back half. Both really really great Batman tales.

Also, the christmas setting is fun.

It has its share of terrible bugs, but it was still enjoyable.

If you enjoy your Batman angry as hell, then you can't miss.
Thanks for all the feedback. So if I want the complete package, do I just need the game + season pass? (I've never done these season pass things before)

Good job, Blue.

Spend all your money and earn all of those points in a futile attempt to come back and take the prizeless second place, so you'll have no money left tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom