• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabuseika

uahpyo.gif

Team Red.

1005.gif

Card Boy

Banned
Thanks for all the feedback. So if I want the complete package, do I just need the game + season pass?

That wont get you the complete package as you will be missing out on Blackmask Challenge maps and online DLC shit. Online is dead anyway and might make a resurgence for a few days due to the sale. Only thing worth it from the Season Pass is Cold Cold Heart which is a 2.5 to 3hr campaign.

Kadin

Thanks for pointing out that this is still working.
$2.50 for the game and the DLC is too good of a deal to pass up!
Wow I haven't been on GAF or anywhere for the past few hours and this is the first post I see as I sometimes like to read backwards. Score! Just worked but I was a tad apprehensive.

Thanks for quoting the original message. :)

Maddocks

No, it's not "legit" it is a bastard of the franchise, Rocksteady disavows it and calls Asylum, City and the soon Knight games the complete trilogy.

WB told Rocksteady to make a new batman game, they said,"ok, but we going to focus on next gen." It will take 3-4 years to complete. WB being the smart company that it is told em no problemo, but we going to use your world as a base for our game company to make a prequel to give the fans something to play between the long wait and to show the starting relationships between Batman and the Joker and with Gordon.

Far from a bastard. But why would Rocksteady call it theirs, they didn't make the game, they just built the world.

hlhbk

No, it's not "legit" it is a bastard of the franchise, Rocksteady disavows it and calls Asylum, City and the soon Knight games the complete trilogy. It was a terrible, I got it free with my Nvidia card and hated the entire experience. I'm one of the biggest batman fans around, played Asylum at E3 the year it came out and told everyone it was actually good (At a time when no one thought a Batman game would be good).

Origins is a bad game. period. Yes, it was buggy as hell, yes, some of it got fixed Most of it didn't. Batman teleports across entire streets when in combat mode because they screwed up freeflow. Even the developers basically said "screw you" to the customers and aren't even going to fix the rest of the bugs, but work on DLC instead.

There isn't a lot that I will actively fight for when talking bad about a game. But Origins is not good and is a tarnish on the franchise. Also, listen to anyone who actually played the others and then talk about Arkham Knight and you'll hear. "Knight looks cool, but I'm kinda burnt out on Batman after Origins" or " I'm so excited about Knight, it looks rad! Glad I didn't play Origins, because I feel like I'd burn myself out on it"

One last thing. No Conroy or Hamill. Hamill said he was done with Joker, which I understand. So they pick Nolan North 2.0 (Troy Baker) Because he was already the main character in Bioshock Last of Us the same year. Conroy wasn't in it, because they said Batman is younger, so he needs to sound younger. Yet they still got real Nolan North to voice Penguin.... MAKE NO SENSE!!!

Anyways, enough of my ramblings. My point being, Origins is crap.At $7.50 its at least not the worst thing you can buy. Just don't say that it is better than Asylum or City. It's catered to the kiddies who think that Heath Ledger is the best joker and "swag, yo" and have never seen Nicholson or heard Hamill.

I haven't been on GAF lately but am sure glad I could stop by and correct the insanity in this post.

Let me just say I didn't have a lot of high hopes for Batman Arkham Origins heading into the game since Rocksteady wasn't developing it. That being said WOW was I surprised and shocked how GREAT it is! I am a huge Batman fan, and loved both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. That being said I was shocked how good the writing was in Origins. This in my opinion is the best on screen/in game depiction of the Joker ever.

I honestly do not understand why the game got mixed reviews. The Arkham games have always been story first, and the story in Origins as a huge Batman fan is easily up there with the others and one of the best stories in gaming in the last generation. Rocksteady has a lot to live up to in Arkham Knight! If this is the quality to expect when Rocksteady is done with the series than I am very excited!

The highlights of the game for me were:

Bane finally being portrayed correctly in the Arkham games.

Watching as Joker pretty much fell in love with Batman and poor Harley thinking it was about her.

The firefly level/fight

Watching Gordon slowly trust Batman

Watching Joker be finally be allowed to be the character from the comics he was never allowed to be before.

Also it ran like a dream on PC. 60 FPS at all times.

zkylon

zkylewd
see if jazzpunk and stanley parable would've been 5 bucks each i could've bought both of em with my wallet money

i don't want to choose between the two

That wont get you the complete package as you will be missing out on Blackmask Challenge maps and online DLC shit. Online is dead anyway and might make a resurgence for a few days due to the sale. Only thing worth it from the Season Pass is Cold Cold Heart which is a 2.5 to 3hr campaign.

Cold, Cold Heart is the only one worth it from what I understand. The season pass looks to be filled with skins and challenge maps.

Yeah I'm a sucker for the skins stuff being a huge batman fan, but I have no interest in multiplayer. The challenge map is tempting, but they always end up frustrating me more than anything.

Red

Keep jamming it in tho.

Side note, FOR FUCK'S SAKE E.Y.E. DROP YOUR LAST BITCH ASS CARD ALREADY

I've been idling you for 3 hours now and you only have 5 cards, Trine 2 took 30 minutes, fucking go. I must prepare for tomorrowwwwwwww.
I have nightmares about trying to play EYE for real. One of the most obtuse and janky games I've ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom