• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

ZTXqs4z.png

giphy.gif

Castcoder

Banned
Do I buy Arkham Origins with the DLC for $12.48 or just bite the $7.50?

Edit: If I buy the Season Pass, would that give me all of the DLC? Why does Steam try to bundle the DLC AND the Season Pass?

Jak140

Tempted by Skyrim, but already have a massive backlog of games I don't have time to play and also waiting on a daily for Dishonored. Any recommendations on which I should get if I only pick up one?

Kadin

I don't get this team stuff. Why is one team always so much further ahead than the others if team distribution is random?
I have to assume that on days where their team is significantly behind, they hold off on crafting badges for the following day. Get enough doing this and it makes a huge difference.

Or the whole thing is rigged.

Tremis

This man does his research.
Had a bunch of left over stuff I'm never going to get rid of. Have fun.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Tremis:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock- -- MB-9BEE080C97582093 - Taken by UncleO
Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-FE1E33654CE4D750 - Taken by tmarques
The Ship 2 pack -- MB-0F4F318F4C53D748 - Taken by JDHarbs
Dead Island 2 Epidemic -- MB-39FEECA89B885D09 - Taken by Thezez

Prophane33

Keep jamming it in tho.

Side note, FOR FUCK'S SAKE E.Y.E. DROP YOUR LAST BITCH ASS CARD ALREADY

I've been idling you for 3 hours now and you only have 5 cards, Trine 2 took 30 minutes, fucking go. I must prepare for tomorrowwwwwwww.

It took forever for all of the E.Y.E. cards to drop. No idea why that particular game wanted to take so long.

Vecks

I don't get this team stuff. Why is one team always so much further ahead than the others if team distribution is random?

It's weird. Who knows? Maybe more people on green team are off work today so they can waste time and money to craft imaginary badges. Or maybe the green team has spent the last two days selling everything in their houses to buy more cards, point boosts and point stealing items.

Teams just wait for the next day to use all their goodies. Green probably could have come close yesterday but saw there was fuck all time left and waited till now to pounce

Uthred

Just don't say that it is better than Asylum or City. It's catered to the kiddies who think that Heath Ledger is the best joker and "swag, yo" and have never seen Nicholson or heard Hamill.

Ledger is wildly over-rated as the Joker but its not as if Nicholson was any better, he was just Jack Nicholson in white face hamming it up, Cesar Romero was a better Joker than either which isnt saying much. All the Arkham games are just glorified rhythm games with an edgy skin anyway ;)

Darryl

Banned

personally i think they rig it so that each day, a certain team actually gets a higher amount of team points per individually earned point. like today, green might get 2 points per 1 point. i think they would have done this to prevent any outrageous outcome and to upset fans. so i think you take that system and the fact that the whales can switch teams, it creates a system where one team would earn points really fast

Kadin

So I'm really digging The Witcher 2 so far and downloaded and installed the FCR2 Mod. Is there not a way to install the content for this to my Steam drive? It said it would when the installer was setting up but once it actually installed, it put all the files in my Documents folder. Really need the space for other stuff as it's about 6GB.

Is their any way to buy cards in marketplace? I changed my password and I'm blocked. Didn't now there is a repercussion in changing passwords. :(

AHA-Lambda

I asked earlier but I'd still like some more impressions, is there any point in trying out the full version of state of decay if I wasn't impressed with the demo?

Blizzard

Banned
Can someone confirm I'm not missing something? This seems like a stupid progression, otherwise:

• Steam used to have a right click, view store page option on your friends list. So, if you see someone playing an unusual game, you can jump to the store page and check it out.
  • Next, Steam changed that so you can only jump to the HUB. This means you run the chance of someone trolling with a giant spoiler screenshot at the top, and it takes an extra step to get to the store page via the store button on the hub page. (Why would Valve make it MORE difficult for users to get to a page to buy games? Who knows.)
  • Now, the hub page HAS NO STORE BUTTON. This means I literally have to type a game name into the search box myself if I want to find out about it. Doesn't this only hurt Valve and annoy users? Why would they do this?
No one replied in the thread, but I asked a friend on Steam and they said the same thing. The store button is gone from the hub now, so there's literally no easy way to get to store pages. Seriously Valve. I should put in a support request asking them to make it easier to give them money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom