• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dambrosi

Banned
For the new page:

Where is the card trading thread?! I have two #3's I need to offload!

Edit: There isn't one?! Why not? Am I just supposed to offer them here?

I have a 3GB 780Ti so that shouldn't be an issue right? Modded Vegas and Skyrim extensively, just takes a lot of time. Step seems great in that it helps me not fuck up with crude shortcuts :p Just have to do what it says! Really excited to see how far I can go with the game now that I have more powerful card and the dlc. The screenshot threads are always incredible. Plus I enjoy Skyrim in general unlike some :p

Ah, well, that card would indeed help.

*salivating intensifies*

Now the pattern is:

ibndkKu3h1Geh1.jpg

Looks like it. The four way tie between 2nd place is rather amusing as well.

When is the best time to sell the summer cards GAF? I see there's been a bit of a drop from yesterday. Maybe near the end of the day when people are trying to raise their team's score and they're buying cards?

redhairedking

When is the best time to sell the summer cards GAF? I see there's been a bit of a drop from yesterday. Maybe near the end of the day when people are trying to raise their team's score and they're buying cards?

The end of the day is probably the best, though the end of the sale could work as well. At the end of the sale everyone would be scrambling to craft their last minute badges for the exp.

tmarques

People were paying 50€, you mean, which is like what, 80$? =p

I must be missing something obvious here, but why? To have the chance of winning 3 games? Even ignoring the fact that you'd be more likely to win the lottery and be hit a meteor on the same day, wouldn't you be better off spending that money to buy the actual games?

PS. I decided to do something crazy and actually play a game on Steam, but no such luck. Is Enslaved supposed to be this crash prone?

It is a terrible cycle, upgraded from a 670 because I wasn't satisfied with performance and then I read what Smokey was doing with his three Titan Blacks.......always something so much faster.

But with that card and enabling 4gb ram usage, you could probably get a stable super high ugridtoload number, meaning endless draw distance.

That's the one thing no mod has been able to help me with. I hate the pop-in so much :l

Yakkue

For the new page:

Where is the card trading thread?! I have two #3's I need to offload!

Edit: There isn't one?! Why not? Am I just supposed to offer them here?

Most people just sell their cards in the steam marketplace and use the money gained to buy the card they need.

Toki767

The end of the day is probably the best, though the end of the sale could work as well. At the end of the sale everyone would be scrambling to craft their last minute badges for the exp.
The best time was at the start of the sale. It's been proven time and time again that these card prices don't go anywhere but down the longer you wait.

tmarques

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure last time around prices didn't bounce back on the last day/hours. There were just too many cards on the market for that.

Yeah, the end of the sale seems best but I'm not that patient. It seems like the competition today is going to be a landslide so maybe I'll wait until tomorrow.

I dont get the team color thing. So 30 people from the winning team gets 3 wishlist games, but there's a bajillion people per team. Why so excited?

onionfrog

I used this guy, although there are other options if you check steamtrades. You do have to use a bot with him which might make some uncomfortable.
I tried at the link you provided and the bot was having issues.
When I'd try to proceed with the trade, a blank confirmation box appeared and nothing happened.
Did anyone else have this problem?

Deitus

I dont get the team color thing. So 30 people from the winning team gets 3 wishlist games, but there's a bajillion people per team. Why so excited?

Because you have to win man. Don't you want to win? What are you some kind of loser?

I really have no idea. I'll support my team, but really the chance of any tangible reward is completely dwarfed by the amount of money people are spending on this contest. It's really quite silly.

Yrael

People were paying 35$ on the market for the purple team switching tokens during the first day! LOL

This is so bizarre to me. With that kind of money most would just be able to buy the games they actually want during the sale anyway (which they have minimal chance of actually winning even if their team does get first place).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom