• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolaroo

I was gone for a few hours. Can I get a recap of what happened with the teams? How is green so far ahead now and everyone else tied?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Age of Empires II HD + The Forgotten Expansion -- MB-0E30BF16295EE4EA - Taken by pupo. 16 entrants total.

t1403407258z1.png

In theory, this should work.
It's an Amazon code for the expansion, which people were saying comes with the full base game.

Good luck.

Jintor

I just got totally overrun in State of Decay's Lifeline thing. Fucking siege mechanic allied to completely idiotic soldiers really did me in.

Zomba13

C'mon guys! Vote Fantasy so I can pick up FFVII and UnEpic. I still need to re-buy FFVII after I never got it back after lending it to someone.

Got a sweetfx running on Dynasty Warriors 8 XL....

It looks way better in motion.

I do like how the colors make everything pop though.

(1) What SweetFX preset? Is it up on sfx.thelazy.net? If not, can you post it?
(2) How the hell do I get DW8XL to recognize my x360/ds3 gamepad?

Just bought it from Amazon and got both so it'll work.

I figured it'd be separate keys, so I'd keep the expansion and give away the base game... but when I saw they were tied together, I couldn't justify keeping it and went and bought the DLC through Steam. My not wanting to waste a free copy of the base game is SteamGAF's benefit!

--

BasilZero

So far I've gotten

-Papers, Please
-Risk of Rain
-Toki Tori 2+

Dem indies.

Waiting for Borderlands 2 GOTY and DLCs to be flash/daily - and hopefully Final Fantasy VIII as well.

(also looking/hoping for some love for Bully and Beyond Good and evil!)

Only things left I want out of the daily/flash/community sales:

TES Morrowind/Oblivion
The Oddbox
Sonic Ultimate Pack (only if it matches the $7.49 Humble Store price from a few weeks back)
Tom Clancy games (R6/Ghost Recon packs)

I tried at the link you provided and the bot was having issues.
When I'd try to proceed with the trade, a blank confirmation box appeared and nothing happened.
Did anyone else have this problem?

Did you sign in through steam at the top right of the page? I haven't had much luck with the 3rd party link, then just make sure you click the game and which form of keys you're buying with. If it worked it'll say something like "You will receive a trade offer soon, accept or decline within ten minutes"

~Kinggi~

Banned
Was the Final Fantasy VIII situation ever corrected? It has godawful midi music worse than the playstation version. I remember there was talk it would be patched or something. IMO the game isnt worth anything if they dont have the proper sound files.

Lomax

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure last time around prices didn't bounce back on the last day/hours. There were just too many cards on the market for that.

They bounced back slightly, but not significantly. They bottomed out the day before around 10-12 cents each and only went back up by a couple cents. That said, they never got as low as the previous summer cards which got down to around 7-8 before spiking right after the end of the sale and then crashing back down. With the nature of this competition though, I expect these cards to bottom out around 15-20 cents but we'll see.

Turfster

Was the Final Fantasy VIII situation ever corrected? It has godawful midi music worse than the playstation version. I remember there was talk it would be patched or something. IMO the game isnt worth anything if they dont have the proper sound files.

There's probably a community patch, but not an official one.

Red

Are there no replacements floating around like with VII?

Dambrosi

Banned
So yeah, I finally just bought the cards I needed and crafted my first Summer Adventure card. Team Red represent...I guess. I don't really care one way or the other.

One odd thing - when I crafted it, I got a pop-up saying that I'd won a gift pass, but there was a broken image and no pass in my inventory. Is Steam bugging out like that for everyone, or was I robbed by server errors?

Thank you. I put up my spare #3 there, got an answer within 3 minutes! You really helped me out.

Which do you need?
Thanks, I do actually still have another #3, if you really need it. I need every card except #8 and #9. PM me.

MUnited83

For you.
This is so bizarre to me. With that kind of money most would just be able to buy the games they actually want during the sale anyway (which they have minimal chance of actually winning even if their team does get first place).

Well, that depends on what exactly they have on their wishlist :p
9TJXYt2.png

kurahador

They bounced back slightly, but not significantly. They bottomed out the day before around 10-12 cents each and only went back up by a couple cents. That said, they never got as low as the previous summer cards which got down to around 7-8 before spiking right after the end of the sale and then crashing back down. With the nature of this competition though, I expect these cards to bottom out around 15-20 cents but we'll see.

With the theory about the contest being scripted came out, I think it'll bottoms out just as low sooner.

Man, having my desktop stuck in storage (i'm in between houses at the moment through the end of July) and only having my Macbook to use during the sale is absolute torture. Almost everything i've bought is Windows only, and by the time I get my PC set up in my new house i'll be leaving for my Great Westward Migration (I go to GenCon and Burning Man back-to-back every year, which is about as surreal of a juxtaposition as it gets)

Wasteland 2 runs on Mac, but in it's unoptimized Early Access state it'll probably melt my MBA to slag, Haswell or no Haswell. Van Helsing 2 and Banished are PC only. Anyone have any experience with stuff that plays well on a late 2013 MBA I should keep my eye open for during the sale?

I suppose I could use this as a chance to play the Dragonfall campaign of Shadowrun.. hmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom