• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop abusing the system and let others enjoy it?

tumblr_m4sxacWc2c1rw7k3jo1_250.gif

Darksol

I'm bummed out so far. Most of the games put out at a great price are things I already own >.< Still haven't made a single purchase.

Evo X

Anyone else having issues with the Nexus? Seem to be unable to consistently download most things.

Overstressed servers. Buy a Premium membership if you want consistently fast and reliable downloads. The Nexus sites are huge bandwidth leeches and owned/operated by a single guy. There's only so much he can offer for free.

How dod you guys use that $6 mastercard credit? Im afraid to add it to my account and have my steam account locked

If you use Enhanced Steam you can add any amount over $5 to your Steam Wallet. Simply enter $6 and then use the info from the PDF file they provided you with. Easy as that.

Overstressed servers. Buy a Premium membership if you want consistently fast and reliable downloads. The Nexus sites are huge bandwidth leeches and owned/operated by a single guy. There's only so much he can offer for free.

Or just wait a few days because everyone and their uncle is buying skyrim and modding it to 4k!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Same thing happened yesterday with purple and red, and purple had a huge lead on the first day.

Purple didn't have ~150,000 points over every other team, and red and purple racing each other seemed a little more fair than what's happening now. It honestly makes me think that the biggest spenders from purple and red migrated to green and are in collusion. Hopefully tomorrow proves that idea wrong.

It does look weird, but if it was really rigged, wouldn't they make it look less suspicious?

Unless they are trolling, in which case, job well done.

I really doubt that Valve rigged it.

So I was going to go crazy with the Mastercard thing going on but I ran out of phones. Does anyone know of any service that might work with it? I know people were using TextNow for the Gamestop $5 MS credit thing that was going around a few days ago but that doesn't seem to able to send a text to anything less than a 10 digit number. Ideas?

You could give your hard earned money to us.

marrec

Banned
If you use Enhanced Steam you can add any amount over $5 to your Steam Wallet. Simply enter $6 and then use the info from the PDF file they provided you with. Easy as that.
Wait, really? I was sitting on my cards for fear of being locked out of the marketplace. Enhanced Steam is the best.

Qvoth

really tempted at monaco since it's less than 2 dollars...
how's the population?

updated my wishlist in preparation of a green team win, lol
what are the chances of you being picked for your team's win? 0.0001%? :p

Zomba13

It's obvious what's going on isn't it? The secret steam big spenders cabal have chosen green as today's victor. Tomorrow they will decide on another worthy colour (pink) and then bestow glory and virtue unto them before moving on to another colour the day after. On and on until the sale ends and the colours are banished to the night once more.

Turfster

really tempted at monaco since it's less than 2 dollars...
how's the population?

updated my wishlist in preparation of a green team win, lol
what are the chances of you being picked for your team's win? 0.0001%? :p

Monaco is really best with 3 friends, tho.

mannerbot

How dod you guys use that $6 mastercard credit? Im afraid to add it to my account and have my steam account locked

Wait, really? I was sitting on my cards for fear of being locked out of the marketplace. Enhanced Steam is the best.

Pretty sure that adding a new payment method, Enhanced Steam or not, will lock out your Steam Market privileges for however long that lasts. If you've got the $6 MasterCard credit and want something that's exactly $6 (Stanley Parable?) I can just buy it for you and you give me the credit?

Well, IMO, Origins was way better than City so at least you didn't make a bad choice.

I actually played the first two on the PS3. I got them from a Humble Bundle. I saw Origins for $8 and I've been wanting to play it, but after the PS4 I'm having a hard time playing PS3 games. For a total of $13 ($5 season pass), I couldn't pass it up.

It's obvious what's going on isn't it? The secret steam big spenders cabal have chosen green as today's victor. Tomorrow they will decide on another worthy colour (pink) and then bestow glory and virtue unto them before moving on to another colour the day after. On and on until the sale ends and the colours are banished to the night once more.

Bingo. This is almost certainly exactly what's happening. There's way too much for Valve to lose in terms of trust if it comes out that they're "rigging" the game.

Fair enough, was just making sure I didn't screw up MOM somehow :p

Enjoy GAF.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Age of Empires II HD and DLC -- MB-15A9BCA019BAE252 - Taken by tmarques. 18 entrants total.

t1403410810z1.png

I haven't finished Batman Origins, but I feel like the combat and game play are superior while the story isn't as good, from what I've played. Basically, Bioshock 2.

I plan on installing as many textures, mods, etc as my computer can handle :p Going by the Step guide

if you like got all of them and do plan to add an ENB i advice you to like use the Skyrim Memory Patch..but if i recall the new SKSE already has a built in inside it already..it helps a lot ...especially a heavily modded game..or even not ^_^

edit:

SKSE 1.7 has the built in memory patch...as far i know it's still alpha....but do not have a problem with it so far...i advice you to use 1.6 first though which is the standard and stable version

if you like got all of them and do plan to add an ENB i advice you to like use the Skyrim Memory Patch..but if i recall the new SKSE already has a built in inside it already..it helps a lot ...especially a heavily modded game..or even not ^_^

edit:

SKSE 1.7 has the built in memory patch...as far i know it's still alpha....but do not have a problem with it so far...i advice you to use 1.6 first though which is the standard and stable version
Probably best to use the stable version as you mention, don't need too many incompatibilities screwing things up.

Where's the step guide you are referring to?

I definitely want to add at least some nice atmosphereic/graphical enhances to Skyrim.

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.8

Turfster

Hrmmm... about to do a giveaway, I think... but I'm torn on the GIVERSONLY vs. MEGAGIVERSONLY...
If it's Divinity OS, can you give it straight to Rhaknar?
I promised him I'd ask if anyone did one =p
(Yeah, I know, I'm giving up a possible chance at a game I want to win for him! He's that worthy)

chixdiggit

How does The Stanley Parable compare to the free mod of the same name that was available a while back? How much was really added to it?

I haven't finished Batman Origins, but I feel like the combat and game play are superior while the story isn't as good, from what I've played. Basically, Bioshock 2.

Really? If anything, I'd say Origins suffers from just having more of the same in terms of gameplay while it offers a much better story and characters than Asylum or City. Certainly the character designs are far better than whatever Rocksteady has done.

rtcn63

Origins has a certain reliance on a certain item that certainly alters gameplay once you get it. Enemies (and this may be wrong) take less than damage than previous games (likely balanced for said item), and maintaining combos is a bit more difficult. The skill tree is just nonsensical bullshit.

Ugh. It's been a few hours and I'm STILL debating whether I should pick up Skyrim Legendary now or wait some more. I have the vanilla edition and played a few hours of it upon release before dropping it for no real reason. I keep meaning to pick it back up, especially since I liked the modern Fallouts, but have never quite gotten around to it.

Also, is Hitman: Sniper Contracts worth the additional $1 over the base Hitman: Absolution?

Effect

Question. Age of Wonders III was one of the community choices that could have been voted for. The group it was in didn't win. Does that mean it still has a chance of coming up for a daily deal or flash? Or was that its only chance at having its lowest discount and the standard one it has now will be it?

Really? If anything, I'd say Origins suffers from just having more of the same in terms of gameplay while it offers a much better story and characters than Asylum or City. Certainly the character designs are far better than whatever Rocksteady has done.

Definitely agree about the character designs being better. Agree to disagree about game play being more of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom