• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

Went running earlier - wasn't paying as much attention as I should have. Landed hard with my foot in a pothole in the road and I rolled my ankle. Hurts like a bitch so now I'm walking around the house on crutches. However, it gave me a perfect opportunity to spend my evening gaming...

I finished episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us. Holy goats, this game is awesome. I'm not familiar with the book series(?) at all, but that doesn't really detract from the fact that this game oozes atmosphere. The writing was great, the voice acting is top notch. The_Monk tells me it only gets worse from here, so I'm lowering my expectations of the other episodes quite a lot. Still can't wait to play them though.

Ouch, that must hurt! Try to keep your ankle cooled and elevated, if possible. Hope you'll get better soon!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ouch! That sucks.
Did you get it looked at?

Nah - I've had worse. It's all purple and stuff, but the swelling went down quite a bit after I put some ice on it for about an hour.

Yeah, unfortunately the subsequent episodes haven't been as good. However, they still have the same great atmosphere and music at least, so they're enjoyable.

I couldn't believe the ending of Ep. 1. I was all like:

F9le7kn.gif

Turfster

I have my first gaming pc coming later this week, and this is my first steam summer sale. Any games I should look out for? Mainly interested in story/exploration/adventure games. Thanks!

Check the Point & Click thread.

Nah - I've had worse. It's all purple and stuff, but the swelling went down quite a bit after I put some ice on it for about an hour.
Don't be like me and live with the pain too long, or you'll end up like this.

Anustart

I just checked my loot with modbot, and apparently this was unclaimed, I have no idea what it is, it's listed as WB Humble Bundle. I THINK it's dlc or something, I also have no clue how to redeem it, it's in some weird format? Anyone remember what was up during that humble bundle that had the warner bros games?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

WB Humble Bundle? -- MB-3BDE16FD7427C86E - Taken by pupo

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for WB Humble Bundle? was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah, that's the tricky part, I think. The modbot summary for that line should really say "in the last 3 months" if that's how Stump has it configured.

I've missed also a few updates on modbot from what Ive noticed this days. There has been changes since someone was caught reselling games and giving em away elsewhere. Can't remember who it was but I know after that there were some changes on Modbot. Not sure if he was banned for it.

biRdy

LAST CALL
Good luck everyone!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Age of Empires II -- MB-E0FE6CD32082B025 - Taken by Kuroyume. 37 entrants total.

t1403412606z1.png

I fractured an ankle getting up off the ground.
Don't ever get old!

Haha, that's no joke. I was at the playground with my son recently and I was trying to show him how to jump off a swing, something I did all the time as a kid. Yeah, I felt that when I hit the ground.

Any news of a complete edition for Arkham Origins? It's the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger if they re-release one with all the DLC like Asylum and City.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I fractured an ankle getting up off the ground.
Don't ever get old!

I'm still a young guy that refuses to grow up.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Volimar

Steam making me try to tell the difference between people on blue team and people on purple team is a real slap in the face. Valve doesn't care about colorblind people.

Double

I have my first gaming pc coming later this week, and this is my first steam summer sale. Any games I should look out for? Mainly interested in story/exploration/adventure games. Thanks!
Stanley Parable is on sale right now. As are both Walking Dead seasons still, I think?

Also, look out for a Kentucky Route Zero deal.

dont think ive messed with steam community stuff much before. how do you level up?

it says i need to be lvl 8?

haven't really done anything but used steam over the years, but im level 7?

how do i raise that?

Turfster

dont think ive messed with steam community stuff much before. how do you level up?

it says i need to be lvl 8?

haven't really done anything but used steam over the years, but im level 7?

how do i raise that?

Every badge is 100 xp
Every game is 1 xp
Check your badges page to see how much you've got to go to level 8

wilflare

how are you guys managing your indie bundles?
do you have a system/spreadsheet so you know
- What has been used
- What has been given away
- What are your spares?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
- What has been used
- What are your spares?

I just use excel spreadsheets for the feel of entering data, and it's mainly for games that aren't Greenlit yet. I sort by:

-Game name
-Site(s) purchased on
-Greenlight status
-Amount purchased
-Bundle(s) bought in
-Keep it or put it in a giveaway

Last one for tonight, I swear.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tumblr_n6tfz0OS341rrhoqbo1_400.gif

The Witcher 2 -- MB-FD0E346BCB971023 - Taken by Black Soma. 9 entrants total.

t1403414659z1.png

- What has been used
- What are your spares?

As soon as I buy a bundle, I register them straight away, steam and desura, and extra's get modbot'ed. I then check the wiki every so often to find added steam keys. I thought about a spreadsheet but got lazy and stopped updating it!

Interesting thing about Desura, the collection page actually tells you where the key came from, Indigala, groupees etc...

For the people who have played the Walking Dead season 2, how much does it take into account your season 1 decisions? I played the first one on the PS3, and I'm not going back there for season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom