• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Ugh. It's been a few hours and I'm STILL debating whether I should pick up Skyrim Legendary now or wait some more. I have the vanilla edition and played a few hours of it upon release before dropping it for no real reason. I keep meaning to pick it back up, especially since I liked the modern Fallouts, but have never quite gotten around to it.

Also, is Hitman: Sniper Contracts worth the additional $1 over the base Hitman: Absolution?
Same here.

Question. Age of Wonders III was one of the community choices that could have been voted for. The group it was in didn't win. Does that mean it still has a chance of coming up for a daily deal or flash? Or was that its only chance at having it's lowest discount and the standard one it has now will be it?

Will probably be a daily at some point

yoshizzle

Question. Age of Wonders III was one of the community choices that could have been voted for. The group it was in didn't win. Does that mean it still has a chance of coming up for a daily deal or flash? Or was that its only chance at having it's lowest discount and the standard one it has now will be it?

It still has a chance.

One shot, one kill

Why+I+love+Sniper+Elite+V2.+Because+I+can+shoot_9d6146_4458413.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Sniper Elite 3 -- MB-6201325F1C48C92C - Taken by NingenJanai. 31 entrants total.

t1403421657z1.png

Last one for the day from me.
Good luck.

What's the GAF consensus on hitman absolution?

Wouldn't really say there's a consensus. I think it's a really fun game with incredible presentation that suffers from cutting out a lot of what made Contacts and Blood Money so great. It's similar to Silent Assassin in that there's a lot of missions where you're just going from place to place, rather than open sandboxes. The shooting feels great though and moving 47 around finally feels good. It's a really good base for the next Hitman games, which seems like a return to form.

Still, fun game worth playing. I put around 50 hours into it, and got every achievement. Plus Agent 47's perfectly rounded, bald head is a technical wonder.

Hmm, pardon my ignorance, but... how do I add a custom amount of cash to my wallet using enhanced steam? When I go to add funds, an option for a custom amount never shows up.

EDIT: I'm using Firefox if that's an issue.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, got it! Had to update.

Tellaerin

It's obvious what's going on isn't it? The secret steam big spenders cabal have chosen green as today's victor. Tomorrow they will decide on another worthy colour (pink) and then bestow glory and virtue unto them before moving on to another colour the day after. On and on until the sale ends and the colours are banished to the night once more.

dxl5kvd.png

"A bunch of pretentious old men playing at running the world."

how the fuck did green win so much suddenly? so is /v/ right after all? it's scripted?
The scores reset daily so a commanding lead doesn't bleed over to the next day. At some point there's just a collective giving up really, nothing conspiratorial about it. Green took an early lead and it would be better to sit this one out and craft badges for another day on other teams.

I have my first gaming pc coming later this week, and this is my first steam summer sale. Any games I should look out for? Mainly interested in story/exploration/adventure games. Thanks!

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
2 Min Warning! (*well less now)

ModBot said:
IMPORTANT: This is a different sort of giveaway. The winner will PM me with their choice of ANY game that is on the Steam Store that costs less than $10.00 US, and their Steam username (lets be friends!) and I will buy that game and gift it to you directly.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a Raffle. The winner will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gamer's Choice (Any Game Under $10) -- MB-8A8DBFF0F0B9F2CD - Taken by ricochetguro. 93 entrants total.

t1403411756z1.png

Evo X

I have my first gaming pc coming later this week, and this is my first steam summer sale. Any games I should look out for? Mainly interested in story/exploration/adventure games. Thanks!

Skyrim Legendary Edition, Dragon Age Origins and The Witcher 2 should keep you busy for a while.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Went running earlier - wasn't paying as much attention as I should have. Landed hard with my foot in a pothole in the road and I rolled my ankle. Hurts like a bitch so now I'm walking around the house on crutches. However, it gave me a perfect opportunity to spend my evening gaming...

I finished episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us. Holy goats, this game is awesome. I'm not familiar with the book series(?) at all, but that doesn't really detract from the fact that this game oozes atmosphere. The writing was great, the voice acting is top notch. The_Monk tells me it only gets worse from here, so I'm lowering my expectations of the other episodes quite a lot. Still can't wait to play them though.

Turfster

Went running earlier - wasn't paying as much attention as I should have. Landed hard with my foot in a pothole in the road and I rolled my ankle. Hurts like a bitch so now I'm walking around the house on crutches. However, it gave me a perfect opportunity to spend my evening gaming...
Ouch! That sucks.
Did you get it looked at?

2 Min Warning! (*well less now)

That guro guy again.
Damn you, guro guy! =p

Volimar

I finished episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us. Holy goats, this game is awesome. I'm not familiar with the book series(?) at all, but that doesn't really detract from the fact that this game oozes atmosphere. The writing was great, the voice acting is top notch. The_Monk tells me it only gets worse from here, so I'm lowering my expectations of the other episodes quite a lot. Still can't wait to play them though.

Ouch. Couple of years back I sprained my ankle just walking down the steps of my front porch. Never did heal quite right.

Yeah, unfortunately the subsequent episodes haven't been as good. However, they still have the same great atmosphere and music at least, so they're enjoyable.

fernandes

It's really awesome, I liked it way more than the Walking Dead. Which reminds me, I still need to play episode 4. Not sure when the final one comes out.

Oh, and get better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom