• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thezez

Banned
Sorry its nothing fancy, will rectify with more when I get paid!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerena - Clash of Champions -- MB-8A25E9101C139EBE - Taken by snack

LiK

Every sale:

Oh sweet NBA2k14 is on sale.
WDi9mSK.png

Ok, well this Jazzpunk game seems like it might be cool.
NiFAJzD.png

Sleep purchasing is a serious problem, you guys.

I've encountered that a dozen times this sale. Humble Bundle impulse purchases fucked me up.

Every sale:

Oh sweet NBA2k14 is on sale.
WDi9mSK.png

Ok, well this Jazzpunk game seems like it might be cool.
NiFAJzD.png

Sleep purchasing is a serious problem, you guys.

I didn't think it was possible to forget you had a game, but I was buying Hitman: Absolution, Terraria and Sniper Elite V2 earlier, and it turns out I already had Sniper Elite V2.

And I'm somebody who is now on just exactly 100 games. To be fair though, the Sniper game was a freebie off Steam a week or so back. So I didn't actively purchase it. Anyway, I ended up getting the DLC Hitler mission for it. Always wanted to try an alternate history kill on Hitler.

Still torn on Jazzpunk. Don't know if I should pull the trigger now or wait for a better price in a bundle/Winter Sale. I'm trying to stay in the $5 and under threshold.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Still torn on Jazzpunk. Don't know if I should pull the trigger now or wait for a better price in a bundle/Winter Sale. I'm trying to stay in the $5 and under threshold.

Do you realistically see yourself playing Jazzpunk within one to two weeks after you buy it?

If yes, allow your considerations to intensify. If no, wait it out until the next sale.

tav7623

dont think ive messed with steam community stuff much before. how do you level up?

it says i need to be lvl 8?

haven't really done anything but used steam over the years, but im level 7?

how do i raise that?

I'm in a somewhat similar situation and am currently trying to get the Pillars of the Community badge up to lvl 2 to get me over the hump.

It's fun but it's a pretty short game.

Do you realistically see yourself playing Jazzpunk within one to two weeks after you buy it?

If yes, allow your considerations to intensify. If no, wait it out until the next sale.
Already have some cheaper games I'm definitely buying on the last day, and I bought Broforce right before the sale.
Not to mention my backlog on top of all that...

So, yeah, I should wait.

Thanks for your wisdom. It provided the clarity I needed.

Shackzam

I finally got back home and what the hell happened with the green team in unbelievable lead? Besides that is there anything else exciting going on?

Marjar

Banned

It's a short game that's all about exploring a weird world and finding goofy slapstick gags.

It took me like 3 and a half hours to find all the gags and get all the achievements, and pretty much see everything there is to see.

If you think that's worth it, get it. If not, then wait. If you're a huge fan of comedy a la Airplane and Naked Gun, should be a no brainer.

It's a short game that's all about exploring a weird world and finding goofy slapstick gags.

It took me like 3 and a half hours to find all the gags and get all the achievements, and pretty much see everything there is to see.

If you think that's worth it, get it. If not, then wait. If you're a huge fan of comedy a la Airplane and Naked Gun, should be a no brainer.
I love Naked Gun and Airplane. :) But I'm going to wait... (Reasons explained a few posts above.)

I was looking through my badges and discovered I have one for CS:GO, which lead me to discover that I actually own CS:GO and have played 4 hours of it. I have no recollection of any of this. What are you doing to me, Steam?

Anustart

Because I accidentally gave pupo an already taken key (Fixed by giving him Skyrim), I'm doing another giveaway to set my karma right!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Terraria -- MB-AB7D5E40C32438E0 - Taken by BurnMuhBread. 11 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Terraria was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1403415914z1.png

Lain

I was hoping that Spiderman 2 winning would lend Spiderman 1 a better deal, but I guess I'll have to hold hope for it to become a daily/flash/community by itself

Grief.exe

I was hoping that Spiderman 2 winning would lend Spiderman 1 a better deal, but I guess I'll have to hold hope for it to become a daily/flash/community by itself

Flash/communities may just be for the individual game, while dailies activate the franchise discount.

Anustart

Reminding everyone (US only maybe?) to text movie to 78787 again. Its a new day. I won twice so far. Extra 6$ to fleece gabens pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom